Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

At least Bowles is learning what it's like to be a Jet...

I'm sure he didn't believe that this franchised was really cursed.....they all learn...it happens to 'em all.

Nope, next man up.  Fitz will now get his opportunity and I am confident he will play well. It may be a blessing in disguise as much as I hate to say it.  At least all those who wanted Fitz can now shut the **** up.  

People seem to forget that Fitz is coming off a broken leg.  We are one good hit from Petty starting....  Oh well so much for him getting a year to learn.

I'll take a broken leg over a broken jaw and broken brain cells anyday.  Today is a day that will live in infamy.  Geno Smith is DONE!   

• Thumb Down 2

IK released? Are you kidding? He should be given a raise. Just call him Mo Lewis from here on out as he has opened the door for a real QB to take over. I've been waiting for Geno Catpiss Smith to impode and finally here it is. :fighting0038:

What a f*cking tool you are.

• Upvote 3

idk how long you've been a jets fan but after you turn 30 all you can do is laugh

I haven't been for that long, but that typically is my default reaction to everything.

This time, though... I feel different. Maybe because this was so unexpected, and I was trying to feel optimistic about the season. This really shakes things up. People think it's good because that means Fitz will start, but what it really does is remove options. I believe that Bowles would have benched Geno if things got too bad with him, but if Geno is out, and Fitz does poorly, who the **** is Bowles gonna put in then? Petty? All I've heard is that he's not ready. Now, if this were half-way through LAST season, I most DEFINITELY would have laughed.

• Upvote 1

so TEAMMATES beating each other up is good for business?

you people are happy Geno is out?

I give up on this fanbase. ******* losers 

Exactly. But let's be honest the Jets fan  base is a microcosm of society and therefore it is to be expected. Losing Geno is a huge blow to this team, even if he was going to be the backup. 

IK is a loser and I hope he is bagging groceries in October. 

• Upvote 2

they can beat cleveland, indy on the road MNF is tough.  week 3 home vs. phily is also winnable.  4th game is in london vs. miami.  not bad sched, fitz is experienced.  

Yeah... I can't wait to read the first of what will be many "If Fitz went to Harvard, why is he so ******* stupid with the football?" threads. 

• Upvote 1

If you punch someone who has their finger in your face it isnt even close to being a sucker punch so eff that bogus headline.

I would bet there is more than one guy on the roster that would have liked to knock Geno's teeth out.

Geno has showed he is a douche on more than one occasion. Remember draft day? Missed meetings, lateness?

The Jets just "lost" the worst starting QB in all of pro football.

Not much of a loss at all, in fact I would evoke the old addition by subtraction cliche for this mook.

I agree with you , I'm not claiming to be the toughest guy in the world but once you stick your finger in a guy's face you better not look away or turn your back.
  • Thumb Down 2

Nope, next man up.  Fitz will now get his opportunity and I am confident he will play well. It may be a blessing in disguise as much as I hate to say it.  At least all those who wanted Fitz can now shut the **** up.  

Brian Billick said if Geno's jaw is wired and he has to eat though a straw he may come back really light.. :animal0029: This just in Jaw broken in 2 places..

Read what Bowles had to say about. If you think he didn't have a hand in his release you are an idiot. 

I'm sure he wanted him released. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a great coach. I don't know. What's silly, though, is the idea that players aren't the ones that are primarily responsible for their own behavior, and that coach is to blame whenever they act like they fools they are.

• Upvote 2