Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

It's not just whether Fitz is ok or not.  Geno has a higher ceiling I think, but it just makes the team look like a circus and is bad for morale.  Plus IK was a promising player who is gone for just plain stupidity.  You can't spin this into something good.

• Upvote 1

Last time I heard this from a Jets fan, it was when Vinny Testaverde went down in 1999.  I know Geno Smith, and he is no 1999 Vinny Testaverde.   Not to mention that Ryan Fitz is much better than Rick Mirer.  

Especially since Mirer is 45..LOL  One thing with Fitz is in the last 5 seasons he always had more TD's then picks we aren't used to that..

• Upvote 2

geno12s-1-web.jpg

Why would you put your finger in this man's face? We may never know how it all transpired, but the fact that it wasn't broken up before it got to that level is pretty damning.

Can you catch me up in 3 sentences or less.... I'm swamped and can't read the thread... thx

Last time I heard this from a Jets fan, it was when Vinny Testaverde went down in 1999.  I know Geno Smith, and he is no 1999 Vinny Testaverde.   Not to mention that Ryan Fitz is much better than Rick Mirer.  

and this team isn't coming off a 12 win season coached by a HOF coach either.

Fitz is better than Mirer though that isn't saying much.

Is this serious?

I'm legitimately pissed right now - I was excited for this season and it seems like horrible news is coming out daily.

Cursed...

Very serious, sucks to be invested that much. Had little faith in Geno, have zero faith in Fitzpatrick. Gonna be another long season. Get your liver ready

• Upvote 2

I don't care if Geno put his hand in his face.  You don't hit punch the QB especially the starting QB.  This is ridiculous.  I hope they press charges against IK.  I feel sorry for Geno because he was working so hard to be a better QB and if Fitzpatrick does do good, then Geno will never get his chance again.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

If my friend was an a$$hole and caused himself to get hit in the face then yes I would call him an a$$hole and say he got what he deserved.

I would, too. That was my ****in' point to begin with. I was only wondering what reaction the other players had. Maybe Geno deserved it, maybe he didn't. I simply want to know more of the circumstances. I don't appreciate being called out as a fan, especially when it seems that our viewpoints aren't really different.

I have to agree. Regardless of how you feel about Smith as the qb. But to tell the truth I can't say I'm surprised by it.  I am rooting for Fitz to have the best season of his career and for Petty to accelerate his learning process.    Since I am a glass half full kind of guy, Next man up!!!  

• Upvote 2

Can you catch me up in 3 sentences or less.... I'm swamped and can't read the thread... thx

IK punched Geno and broke his jaw in two places, which will require surgery. Geno allegedly put his finger in IK's face and is now out 6-10 weeks. Bowles is not happy, Brandon Marshall is sadder, listening to Kanye West's through the Wire on repeat.

• Upvote 2