***** Official NY Jets vs Detroit Lions Game Thread *****

JoeC36

Also Fitzpatrick arm is very questionable on the deep passes..( no where as strong as Geno's). That cuts down on what a defense has to prepare for.

I still have problems with that. You don't earn the nickname "The Amish Rifle" without having a strong arm. Actually according to sources, Fitzpatrick was great with the deep ball last year and he didn't throw many. Apparently his reputation for having a weak arm is because he hasn't thrown the deep ball in recent years. 

http://thejetsblog.com/bga/bga-scouting-ryan-fitzpatrick/

https://brickwallblitz.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/the-best-deep-ball-quarterback-of-2014-13/

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch this from the media and fans.

Fitzpatrick fails : JETS ARE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMED

Fitzpatrick succeeds: It's only preseason.......

If the Jets want to be a successful organization, the first thing they should do is get the f*** out of here. Go to a city where they are the main attraction in sports and don't have the worst media personnel in all of sports.

Watch this from the media and fans.

Fitzpatrick fails : JETS ARE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMED

Fitzpatrick succeeds: It's only preseason.......

If the Jets want to be a successful organization, the first thing they should do is get the f*** out of here. Go to a city where they are the main attraction in sports and don't have the worst media personnel in all of sports.

Although I do not think they should leave, this is EXACTLY what you will hear.

I still have problems with that. You don't earn the nickname "The Amish Rifle" without having a strong arm. Actually according to sources, Fitzpatrick was great with the deep ball last year and he didn't throw many. Apparently his reputation for having a weak arm is because he hasn't thrown the deep ball in recent years.

http://thejetsblog.com/bga/bga-scouting-ryan-fitzpatrick/

https://brickwallblitz.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/the-best-deep-ball-quarterback-of-2014-13/

All the camp reports this year Fitzpatrick arm looks shot on the deep pass.(that's the reports out there and we will see if that is the case.

here is Scout opinion of Ryan Fitzpatrick in Gary Myers article. here is the excerpt Then came the biggest indictment of Smith. “Fitzpatrick gives them the best chance to win,” he said. “He is not going to beat them. He’s been in that role before and he’s been successful in Buffalo and to a degree with the Texans. He’s come out of the bullpen. You can game plan with him. He’s a much better fit. He can’t throw the ball deep but he’s got a lot of moxie.”

All the camp reports this year Fitzpatrick arm looks shot on the deep pass.(that's the reports out there and we will see if that is the case.

here is Scout opinion of Ryan Fitzpatrick in Gary Myers article. here is the excerpt Then came the biggest indictment of Smith. “Fitzpatrick gives them the best chance to win,” he said. “He is not going to beat them. He’s been in that role before and he’s been successful in Buffalo and to a degree with the Texans. He’s come out of the bullpen. You can game plan with him. He’s a much better fit. He can’t throw the ball deep but he’s got a lot of moxie.”

Me thinks his broken leg has something to do with that. Can't restrengthen the arm in the offseason

Which is what you expect out of a 4th round pick.

I don't think the Jets are much worse off with Fitz than with Geno. Only major difference IMO is mobility.

Advantage Fitz?  Fitz is actually quite a mobile QB.

The biggest downgrade is going to be zip on the deep ball.  Reports have stated thorughout camp Fitz can't get any zip on deep balls.

I'm watching NFL network (which I know is already a mistake) but I can't figure out why everyone is talking about Bryce Petty like he's going to be terrible right now. Nobody even knows for sure. I'm excited to see him tonight.

Also, not sure if anyone else saw but Michael Irving is way overreacting to Fitz. He's not fantastic but again he hasn't had receivers like this before. Who knows.

I know the media is always going to be like this but it's annoying.

I'm watching NFL network (which I know is already a mistake) but I can't figure out why everyone is talking about Bryce Petty like he's going to be terrible right now. Nobody even knows for sure. I'm excited to see him tonight.

Also, not sure if anyone else saw but Michael Irving is way overreacting to Fitz. He's not fantastic but again he hasn't had receivers like this before. Who knows.

I know the media is always going to be like this but it's annoying.

Michael Irvin literally knows nothing.

Archived