Jets Source on Geno: He Deserved It

AFJF

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that it matters much, but it is not like Geno borrowed the money.  He was doing the guy a favor going to his event and they spent some money to get him there.  This is why people pay extra for flights they can cancel and change at no cost.  The issue is Geno supposedly said he would pay him back.  Clark saying IK was "tight with money" makes him sound like a ballbusting bitch.

The issue is that Geno used the IOU to taunt IK. 

IK's a moron for getting trolled into hitting him. That said, Geno's a piece of sh*t.

Who does that to a teammate? Who does that when they're supposed to be instilling confidence in the room? The mere fact that he's taunt the guy speaks to a level of divisive immaturity that just doesn't work at the QB position. They are both at fault. Who cares about that...

The discussion needs to be, how does Geno's behavior scale against the investment in giving him another year as starter? Not well, imo. I see him as a waste of time.

The issue is that Geno used the IOU to taunt IK. 

IK's a moron for getting trolled into hitting him. That said, Geno's a piece of sh*t.

Who does that to a teammate? Who does that when they're supposed to be instilling confidence in the room? The mere fact that he's taunt the guy speaks to a level of divisive immaturity that just doesn't work at the QB position. They are both at fault. Who cares about that...

The discussion needs to be, how does Geno's behavior scale against the investment in giving him another year as starter? Not well, imo. I see him as a waste of time.

Right because you know for a fact that Geno "taunted" him.  You have no idea what the other guy said or did or what actually led up to it.  We call can probably make a pretty good guess, but "Who does that?"  We don't actually know what was done.

Right because you know for a fact that Geno "taunted" him.  You have no idea what the other guy said or did or what actually led up to it.  We call can probably make a pretty good guess, but "Who does that?"  We don't actually know what was done.

More stories say he did, than stories say he didn't. 

I didn't say I knew anything for a fact. I know what is printed. I know that hearing one thing, more than the other, is meaningful to an extent. Finally, I know that Geno has established a trail of juvenile doosh behavior. 

If you want to argue over the semantics of what we could or could not know, fine. It's a dumb argument. I don't need you to tell me I wasn't in the room. I also don't know what point it serves for you to idiotically point this out.

You're missing the point I tried to shift to, which is that Geno as a franchise QB is a joke. Regardless of who said what, it happened, and Geno played a role. That's bad ******* news for us, in my opinion.

Right because you know for a fact that Geno "taunted" him. You have no idea what the other guy said or did or what actually led up to it. We call can probably make a pretty good guess, but "Who does that?" We don't actually know what was done.

They don't know sh*t . That's why all these opinions don't mean sh*t . multiple reports have contradicted each other on how it went down . And players aren't even saying much . Outside of a few manish unnamed sources .,

More stories say he did, than stories say he didn't. 

I didn't say I knew anything for a fact. I know what is printed. I know that hearing one thing, more than the other, is meaningful to an extent. Finally, I know that Geno has established a trail of juvenile doosh behavior. 

If you want to argue over the semantics of what we could or could not know, fine. It's a dumb argument. I don't need you to tell me I wasn't in the room. I also don't know what point it serves for you to idiotically point this out.

You're missing the point I tried to shift to, which is that Geno as a franchise QB is a joke. Regardless of who said what, it happened, and Geno played a role. That's bad ******* news for us, in my opinion.

Geno is not a franchise quarterback because he is not a good QB, not because of this.  Favre, Staubach, Roethlisberger all have done things as bad or worse.  Winston may well be a "franchise QB" and he has more character/leadership concerns than Geno.

Geno is not a franchise quarterback because he is not a good QB, not because of this.  Favre, Staubach, Roethlisberger all have done things as bad or worse.  Winston may well be a "franchise QB" and he has more character/leadership concerns than Geno.

It's like you're arguing where there isn't an argument.

Since the incident not ONE of Geno's teammates have come out and condemned Enemkpali's actions. Not only THAT but no one seems to have taken the trouble of trying to break up the situation. That is a damning statement of Smith's popularity in the locker room. I know that not everybody likes everybody else in ANY locker room, but the Jets players don't even seem to respect Geno very much. He will have a very hard time winning the locker room back if he continues his punk attitude. Players have had more praise for Fitzpatrick after one series than they have for Geno in three years. He better come back humble and apologetic if he even hopes to exist in the Jets locker room. 

Your grasping, the team has had one closed practice, and two travel days around a pre-season game, the team hasn't been available to do anything, and frankly, they are probably all recalibrating anyway, the media is spinning up a sh*t storm, Bowels no doubt has them on some kind of lock down.

The team, various players, and coaches, have all said a ton of positive things about Geno before the incident, did you all forget what you read?

I dont understand all this

Up until this incident, geno was having a terrific camp and every indication was that his teamates believed in him.

Now, apparantly its the opposite. What gives? All this talk of him never playing a game for the jets again is silly

Up until this incident, geno was having a terrific camp and every indication was that his teamates believed in him.

Now, apparantly its the opposite. What gives? All this talk of him never playing a game for the jets again is silly

Not silly... wishful thinking.

I don't think the Jets brass are all taken to a guy with the maturity level of Geno, I think he's blown his chance. Unless Fitz sh@ts the bed it's his job now. 2016 is a long way off, and I see the Jets go in a new direction at QB, wether that's Petty or another. Geno does not get a second contract here. It's a shame but he made this bed and must now lay in it!

Archived