Things I'm Interested In Seeing Tonight ...

KRL

Now that the nonsense of "PunchGate" is dying down I'll be looking at
the following tonight:

- Even though there's no game planning I want to see efficient performances
from the #1 offense & defense in their reps

- Even though there's 90 players on the roster I want to see a "clean" game
operation.  Few or no penalties, clean substitutions

- How is the development of Bryce Petty going?  He'll play the majority of the
game can he show what he's learning in a live environment? (footwork, going
through progressions, throwing into NFL windows)

- Which RB is pushing to make the roster Daryl Richardson or Zac Stacy?

- How is Wes Saxton (TE) developing, can he make the 53 man roster?

- Which of the WR's can take their camp performances into a game TJ Graham,
Walter Powell, Shaq Evans, Quincy Enunwa

- Who of the backup OLinemen show up in their reps? (Brent Qvale, Oday Aboushi,
Dakota Dozier, Brian Winters, Jarvis Harrison) 

- Leonard Williams as he preps to replace Sheldon Richardson during his suspension

- Which of the young NT's show potential to be a backup to Snacks? (TJ Barnes,
Deon Simon)

- Can Lorenzo Mauldin bring the pressure he was flashing in camp?

- Taiwan Jones (ILB) and whether he can secure a backup spot behind David Harris?

- Can Trevor Reilly take advantage of Enemkpali getting cut and make a push for an
OLB spot?

- Can Marcus Williams and Dexter McDougle take advantage of Milliner being out and
move up the depth chart?

- Can Rontez Miles and Durrell Eskridge take advantage of Allen being out and make
the roster?

I am actually curious to see Heaps. One of the reporters on NFL said yesterday that he has actually looked good in his limited reps. The fact we have not rushed out and gotten a new QB could indicate Petty and Heaps are doing OK, or that Geno's prognosis is better than originally thought.

Interested in seeing our offensive approach in a game environment.

KRL started off with a great list. 

Well stated KRL of course.

All of those are def important ... But of your points Mauldin is who I'm most curious to see .

The other thing I'm really pumped for is to see Marshall beast! ... Show us how you are a #1 WR and take over the game brother!!!!

the following tonight:

operation.  Few or no penalties, clean substitutions

- How is the development of Bryce Petty going?  He'll play the majority of the

- Leonard Williams as he preps to replace Sheldon Richardson during his suspension

Deon Simon)

- Taiwan Jones (ILB) and whether he can secure a backup spot behind David Harris?

- Can Trevor Reilly take advantage of Enemkpali getting cut and make a push for an

OLB spot?

- Can Marcus Williams and Dexter McDougle take advantage of Milliner being out and

move up the depth chart?

- Can Rontez Miles and Durrell Eskridge take advantage of Allen being out and make

the roster?

Excellent post.

Just one caution.  Petty is going to be erratic.   The tweets coming out of camp have been, on one raving about his up field  accuracy and arm strength, and on the next about a bad interception.

Kid is talented, but has a long way to go.  Hope people aren't going to start the "bust" stuff over what is going to be an inconsistent 1st performance 

I am actually curious to see Heaps. One of the reporters on NFL said yesterday that he has actually looked good in his limited reps. The fact we have not rushed out and gotten a new QB could indicate Petty and Heaps are doing OK, or that Geno's prognosis is better than originally thought.

Kid is Matt Simms part II.  When he came out of HS, a lot of people were saying he was going to be a lock top 10 pick in 4 years.

He bombed in NCAA.  He has all the talent, just couldn't get it done in college.  No idea why.   Yeah he might be fun to watch.

BTW Johnny the reason they haven't panicked and rushed out to sign anyone is the options are horrible right now.  IMO they are waiting for the cuts.  There is a possibility a few salvageable QB's might be released.

From the Tweets petty has been very inconsistent in camp.  Looking great on one throw, very bad on the next.  Suspect we will see the same tonight, as long as he doesn't get totally rattled   

-first off like everyone has stated no injuiries.

-see how fitz looks, is he healthy?

-oline

-leonard williams

-see how petty looks, not expecting perfection, but i really like him as a prospect

-punt returns, whos back there?

-mauldin

Definitely looking at Mauldin and Williams tonight.  I'm excited!

Want to see some of the younger players flash. Williams, Mauldin, Amaro, McDougle, Pryor (we can dream).

The skill position battles will also be interesting - Jets are going to have some tough choices at RB and WR.

I'm not expecting much from Petty, but am interested to see what he looks like in a pro style offense.

And assuming the rumors of Mathis are BS, it will be interesting to see how the playing time breaks down on the OL.

the following tonight:

operation. Few or no penalties, clean substitutions

- How is the development of Bryce Petty going? He'll play the majority of the

Deon Simon)

OLB spot?

move up the depth chart?

the roster?

All eyes on Williams!! And those no-name WR's ... There's a gem hidden in that group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say the main reason the Jets didn't go out and get a QB was timing. Incident happened Tuesday. Little to no practice yesterday? Away game tonight.

Now tomorrow/weekend could be interesting for any QB developments.

I agree on Petty and Heaps. Should be getting an EXTENSIVE look at them tonight. The fact that we haven't heard ANYTHING so far on Geno having surgery makes me hopeful that his second opinion went well.

I agree on Petty and Heaps. The fact that we haven't heard ANYTHING so far on Geno having surgery makes me hopeful that his second opinion went well.

Geno Smith opts for surgery on jaw, will be out 6-10 weeks
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 13, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjAP

IK Enemkpali did more than knock Geno Smith out of the lineup, sending him straight to the operating room.

According to Josina Anderson of ESPN, Smith has chosen to have surgery to repair his broken jaw after getting a second opinion.

While I’m neither a lawyer nor a jaw surgeon, the fact Smith needs a surgical repair only strengthens the notion that the legal authorities need to step in here, whether the NFL does or not, or whether someone thought he deserved it or not.

Smith will be out six to 10 weeks following surgery, and its unclear if he’ll have a chance to regain the Jets starting quarterback job at that point or not.

Meanwhile, Enemkpali has joined the Bills after being claimed on waivers.

Geno Smith opts for surgery on jaw, will be out 6-10 weeks

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 13, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjAP

IK Enemkpali did more than knock Geno Smith out of the lineup, sending him straight to the operating room.

According to Josina Anderson of ESPN, Smith has chosen to have surgery to repair his broken jaw after getting a second opinion.

While I’m neither a lawyer nor a jaw surgeon, the fact Smith needs a surgical repair only strengthens the notion that the legal authorities need to step in here, whether the NFL does or not, or whether someone thought he deserved it or not.

Smith will be out six to 10 weeks following surgery, and its unclear if he’ll have a chance to regain the Jets starting quarterback job at that point or not.

Meanwhile, Enemkpali has joined the Bills after being claimed on waivers.

Ballllllllzzzzzz. I missed this.

Archived