Your First Jets Game

JoeC36

my first game was the last game of the 2002 season against the Green Bay Packers.  

pennington's first season.  they won that game to clinch the division after they showed the pats beat the dolphins on the jumbo screen.

Damn!

That is a heck of a first game.

I was at that one.

One of the best I've been to.

The place exploded when NE made the FG to pave the way for the Jets to win the division that night.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

September 27, 1981 Houston Oilers at Shea Stadium.

Jets opened the year 0-3 and it looked bleak going up against Ken Stabler and Earl Campbell.  We explode for a 33-17 win and go on an unexpected 10-2-1 tear.

SAR I

My second game was between the Jets and the Giants (I think in the Yale Bowl) in 1974.  It was one of the first (if not the first) regular season overtime game.  The Jets won.  We had end-zone seats; and at one point, Joe Namath hobbled into the end-zone for a TD.  Pretty amazing.

That game made me a JETS fan for life.  I was a kid, liked the Giants and JETs about the same.  After THAT game, I swore off the  GIANTS.   What a mistake.....  :mad0259:

My first game my father took me to Shea stadium; I think I was about 7; I don't remember that much of the game except that the Jets won and their was a late game interception.

My second game was between the Jets and the Giants (I think in the Yale Bowl) in 1974.  It was one of the first (if not the first) regular season overtime game.  The Jets won.  We had end-zone seats; and at one point, Joe Namath hobbled into the end-zone for a TD.  Pretty amazing.

Yet Kenny O never had even 1..LOL

Yet Kenny O never had even 1..LOL

I remember some high flying Jets games with Kenny O; the 45-41 (or something like that) shoot out with Miami with W. Walker burning Miami's defense; Marino wasn't the same gain that year.

Unfortunately, I was actually at the 45-3 pasting the Dolphins handed us in Miami when we started 10-1; I don't think we won another game after that, we finished like 10-6 and Kenny O was shell shocked from then on.

I remember some high flying Jets games with Kenny O; the 45-41 (or something like that) shoot out with Miami with W. Walker burning Miami's defense; Marino wasn't the same gain that year.

Unfortunately, I was actually at the 45-3 pasting the Dolphins handed us in Miami when we started 10-1; I don't think we won another game after that, we finished like 10-6 and Kenny O was shell shocked from then on.

those games were the same year- 1986.  we beat them 51-45 in OT then lost 45-3 to start that 5 game skid to end the season.  that was the point where ken O'Brien's career spiraled down and he never really recovered.  In '85 and about half of '86 he was really good but we didn't get much after that.

1990 Jets Cowboys.  Jets won 24-3 I believe.  Terrance Mathis returned a punt for a TD, think it was over 100 yds and set some kind of record at the time.  Don't recall if it was just a team record or a league/conference record.

I was there as a 12 year old. If I'm remembering correctly it was a 98 yard TD punt return and tied a league record.

Kenny basically had 2 good years 85 and 86 yet some Jet fans that grew up when Kenny played think he was great.. Never won a playoff game like Pat Ryan did..Oh and Pat Ryan had a rushing td..LOL 

Kenny basically had 2 good years 85 and 86 yet some Jet fans that grew up when Kenny played think he was great.. Never won a playoff game like Pat Ryan did..Oh and Pat Ryan had a rushing td..LOL 

I don't want this thread to go off course but I had a huge argument at a different board recently where they were calling Kenny an all time Jets great :rl:

My father took me to a game where we beat the Bills at Shea, in the early 70's - and all I can remember from that game was that towards the end, Bills receiver Haven Moses was knocked out cold by someone in our secondary, and was taken out on a stretcher. That's all I remember from the game, other than it was cold.

My father took me to a game where we beat the Bills at Shea, in the early 70's - and all I can remember from that game was that towards the end, Bills receiver Haven Moses was knocked out cold by someone in our secondary, and was taken out on a stretcher. That's all I remember from the game, other than it was cold.

That was IK's uncle KO.. :winking0001:

October 17, 1999 against the Colts. My uncle (a Giants fan) had season tickets, so he took me. I remember seeing the reaction from everyone when they realised Ray Lucas was starting instead of Mirer. Didn't change things that day though, with the scores tied, and the Jets inside the Colts 5, he threw a late interception, Colts then marched down the field and kicked the game winner with a few seconds left.

Damn!

That is a heck of a first game.

I was at that one.

One of the best I've been to.

The place exploded when NE made the FG to pave the way for the Jets to win the division that night.

yeah, i was 19. i took my best friend and my dad.  it was the first game for all of us.  we had pretty good seats too.  

the only thing that ruined it for me was this lady next to me was so bitter and negative.  the first half or so every single play she had something negative to say. now i understand she was a typical jets fan.

yeah, i was 19. i took my best friend and my dad.  it was the first game for all of us.  we had pretty good seats too.  

the only thing that ruined it for me was this lady next to me was so bitter and negative.  the first half or so every single play she had something negative to say. now i understand she was a typical jets fan.

Reality check.. she was fully sane, rational and understood the situation. :)

Im shocked me and the Savage agree.  I LOVE and have repeated your quote that "Birds have $hit on Kenny O while he was in the pocket as they mistook him for a statue".  

Kenny O may not have been an all-time great, but he was better than you guys are giving him credit.  He was on a nice career trajectory and those idiots ****ed him up. Anybody who makes excuses for Sanchez (particularly the OC excuse) should consider that O'Brien's OC was Kotite. He wasn't mobile  Big ******* deal.  Walton was a complete idiot and he was way better than Mr. Poly Prep..

Kenny O may not have been an all-time great, but he was better than you guys are giving him credit.  He was on a nice career trajectory and those idiots ****ed him up. Anybody who makes excuses for Sanchez (particularly the OC excuse) should consider that O'Brien's OC was Kotite. He wasn't mobile  Big ******* deal.  Walton was a complete idiot and he was way better than Mr. Poly Prep..

B/c Kotite was a bad HC doesn't mean he was a bad OC.  Kotite was his OC for his 2 best years in the league so why would he be blamed when his career headed downhill?  Sanchez actually helped us win playoff games something Kenny never did and Kenny had a good team in a weak AFC.

B/c Kotite was a bad HC doesn't mean he was a bad OC.  Kotite was his OC for his 2 best years in the league so why would he be blamed when his career headed downhill?  Sanchez actually helped us win playoff games something Kenny never did and Kenny had a good team in a weak AFC.

Ha.   Not a bad OC.  It is actually Walton's moronic switching around and lack of logic that I blame, but if you think Kotite was handling things great, good for you.   The main reason Kenny didn't win playoff games is because they dicked with him. 

Ha.   Not a bad OC.  It is actually Walton's moronic switching around and lack of logic that I blame, but if you think Kotite was handling things great, good for you.   The main reason Kenny didn't win playoff games is because they dicked with him. 

you brought up Kotite.  the bottom line is the same staff was in place when he briefly thrived so why should we blame them when his career sunk?

oh so Kenny couldn't win a playoff game b/c they dicked w/ him but Pat Ryan could come in and win one w/ Kenny's team?

you brought up Kotite.  the bottom line is the same staff was in place when he briefly thrived so why should we blame them when his career sunk?

oh so Kenny couldn't win a playoff game b/c they dicked w/ him but Pat Ryan could come in and win one w/ Kenny's team?

He played well enough to win in Cleveland.  It wasn't Kenny's team.  Those guys were jerkoffs.  He only "briefly thrived" because they were morons.  I can remember watching them call the games.  If you remember different more power to you. 

Archived