What to do with Calvin Pryor?

How about we let the preseason run its course before rushing to judgement. Pryor looked horrible but it could've just been a bad game.

With all due respect, take your head out of those gigantic titties and open your eyes. The guys stinks!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like being negative....but I hate Pryor. I hate all of the Idzik picks. Hated them the day that they were drafted. We have to get these guys off of the team. And we have to get revenge on Idzik. Someday, somehow, he has to be punished for what he did to our franchise.

It's pretty amazing how cursed the Idzik picks are. I'll forever adore him for driving a stake through Rex's cholesterol-clogged heart, but everything else he touched is almost comically plagued.

It's pretty amazing how cursed the Idzik picks are. I'll forever adore him for driving a stake through Rex's cholesterol-clogged heart, but everything else he touched is almost comically plagued.

I've never seen anything like it. He must have butt-****ed a mummy or something.

I think we were locked in on Beckham or Fuller and had no plan otherwise. I can accept that two guys with the job security they had at that point were just never ever going to take Bridgewater, but it at least should have been Benjamin.

I think we were locked in on Beckham or Fuller and had no plan otherwise. I can accept that two guys with the job security they had at that point were just never ever going to take Bridgewater, but it at least should have been Benjamin.

Most of the experts projected Benjamin as a second round prospect until a week before the draft, I liked Benjamin as a second round pick or even a move down to the end of the round pick but not a mid round guy. At the end of the day its great to sit here and say we should have taken this guy or that but until they play (for a season or two) you never really know, guys with all the talent and tools in the world flop and guys who stay under the radar and go undrafted end up in the hall of fame.

Most of the experts projected Benjamin as a second round prospect until a week before the draft, I liked Benjamin as a second round pick or even a move down to the end of the round pick but not a mid round guy. At the end of the day its great to sit here and say we should have taken this guy or that but until they play (for a season or two) you never really know, guys with all the talent and tools in the world flop and guys who stay under the radar and go undrafted end up in the hall of fame.

HessStation isn't an expert on anything.

I remember you were super high on Benjamin, even after the fugazi 4.7/40. If Idzik was pinning his hopes on ODB falling, he got what he deserved, I guess. I was hoping for Bridgewater as a hedge against Geno remaining Geno. Pryor (or HaHa) was my least favorite option simply because of his good a safety would have to be to justify that kind of draft slot. Alas.

It is simply amazing that people still defend Pryor. He is horrible, plain and simple. Has been since he showed up. No speed, terrible tackling abilities and no instincts don't improve with time or Vince Lombardi coaching. I know it is hard to believe when a first round pick can be so bad, but it happens. Especially on the recent Jets.

I remember you were super high on Benjamin, even after the fugazi 4.7/40. If Idzik was pinning his hopes on ODB falling, he got what he deserved, I guess. I was hoping for Bridgewater as a hedge against Geno remaining Geno. Pryor (or HaHa) was my least favorite option simply because of his good a safety would have to be to justify that kind of draft slot. Alas.

it still boggles my mind how that draft unfolded

Show of hands, who believes Pryor is horrible after 1 year but still holds out hope for Geno after 2?

Reminds me of the time somebody (I forget who it was) said "we already know what Mike Glennon is, he's a career back-up" but that with Geno, "the jury was still out" despite Glennon outperforming Geno by a landslide.  The rationale...I don't get it.

Reminds me of the time somebody (I forget who it was) said "we already know what Mike Glennon is, he's a career back-up" but that with Geno, "the jury was still out" despite Glennon outperforming Geno by a landslide.  The rationale...I don't get it.

Part of it is just blind hope.  We've been beaten down for years.  Whom am I to deprive people of whatever they need to tell themselves to enjoy the games.  What I can't wait for it once Geno is cut, his most ardent defenders will respond to every Geno thread "he's no longer a Jet jeeze guys just move on."

not sure where you are going with this. But I'd be in this category before the KO.

You have to give a QB a few more years than any other position.

Make mistakes quickly is my motto when it comes to talent eval.  Don't let it hamstring your franchise for half a decade (ala Sanchez).

I don't like to get into that stuff. Most of the time it's just filtering the signal out of the noise better than everybody else. I don't even remember why I liked Benjamin. Nobody else did besides Cosell and I think he's an idiot. Same thing with Beckham. I had him off the board ahead of us when it was still considered a legitimate opinion that he wasn't the best LSU receiver in the class but I couldn't tell you why even if I looked it up. I was actually just talking in terms of hindsight but I guess it's so much the better if it jibes with what I said then.

The more I look at that 2014 draft the more I wince, the Prior pick, the standing pat and just selecting players. Not moving up for the players you want. The Jalen Saunders pick in the 4th.

Not taking Bridewater or Carr. The way Mac ran this years draft was completely diffrent. It's going to take a couple of years to get the Idzik sink out of the building.

This site is rife with posters financially vested in their Geno Smith jerseys. 

Didnt see the game.  I take it he was as horrible as he was last season?

It's a little strange.  When did he become hesitant?  He was pretty much all over the field in college.  I dont get how you lose that just because the competition is better.  Instincts/Finishing...these things are natural.  Sure, you can get better with time but those are typically natural traits. 

Didnt see the game.  I take it he was as horrible as he was last season?

It's a little strange.  When did he become hesitant?  He was pretty much all over the field in college.  I dont get how you lose that just because the competition is better.  Instincts/Finishing...these things are natural.  Sure, you can get better with time but those are typically natural traits. 

Yeah, he missed at least two tackles on the opening drive...looked out of place.

Yeah, he missed at least two tackles on the opening drive...looked out of place.

He takes some of the worst angles I've ever seen from a player who was touted for instincts and finishing while being a punishing tackler.  Again, I dont get how you lose that just because the league is more competitive.  Maybe it's moving positions again, while learning a new system...but I dont think so.  Tackling is tackling. 

Between Milliner and Pryor...I dont think I've ever seen 2 players have such miserable technique for 1st rounders.  They both literally look like they're being taught the game at the NFL level and have never played the game before they got drafted. 

Archived