The only solution to salvage this season is to trade for a QB.

joewilly12

We need a QB that can actually win a game. When the locker room is divided by the QB it is time for real change. Geno is done here. The franchise has changed the entire corporate structure except the QB position. The ship may have sailed for this season in the spring.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a QB that can actually win a game. When the locker room is divided by the QB it is time for real change. Geno is done here. The franchise has changed the entire corporate structure except the QB position. The ship may have sailed for this season in the spring.

Then we are in a pretty sad situation if you think Geno is done here he is the best QB on the roster and gives us the best chance to win. 

Then we are in a pretty sad situation if you think Geno is done here he is the best QB on the roster and gives us the best chance to win.

He is the most talented QB on this roster. He does not have the respect of the team. They certainly don't see him as a leader. Geno is too divisive. He has even alienated the OL. I don't remember any QB doing that. Another first for the Jets

He is the most talented QB on this roster. He does not have the respect of the team. They certainly don't see him as a leader. Geno is too divisive. He has even alienated the OL. I don't remember any QB doing that. Another first for the Jets

How do you know what former Jets QBs got respected by the team?  STOP

There's too much talk of Geno being a leader after 2 seasons of really bad play, bad offensive weapons, and when he shouldn't have been playing his first year anyway. He was drafted in the 2nd round. He wasn't supposed to come in, play great and lead this team right away.

Veteran leaders on this team aren't going to hand over the reigns to some immature kid with plenty to learn just because he's forced into the QB role.

Granted I'd like to see more maturity out of the guy, but it's not there yet. It's now, in his 3rd year, with a new system and weapons that he makes or breaks his career. Possibly becoming a leader or drifting into the abyss of Jet QB failures.

There's too much talk of Geno being a leader after 2 seasons of really bad play, bad offensive weapons, and when he shouldn't have been playing his first year anyway. He was drafted in the 2nd round. He wasn't supposed to come in, play great and lead this team right away.

Veteran leaders on this team aren't going to hand over the reigns to some immature kid with plenty to learn just because he's forced into the QB role.

Granted I'd like to see more maturity out of the guy, but it's not there yet. It's now, in his 3rd year, with a new system and weapons that he makes or breaks his career. Possible becoming a leader or drifting into the abyss of Jet QB failures.

Who are the veteran leaders this team lacks leaders. 

This is hysterical. We lose the worst starting qb in the nfl and now we need to trade to salvage the season? The season needed to be salvaged in january but we did not address the qb position.

It would be best to go 1-15 and get the number one pick and take a qb. But we would never be that lucky.

Clueless!

I love Mangold, Harris, etc. However, the 'leader' thing seems to be...made up. There's really not a ton of evidence for it. And I'm not necessarily saying a mouth makes you a leader, but it almost seems like Brandon Marshal has more 'captain' qualities about him, verbally anyway.

I guess they're 'quiet leaders' or something.

Bunch of Brian Leetch's on this team. Ranger fans know exactly what I'm talking about.

How do you know what former Jets QBs got respected by the team?  STOP

Just how many Jets QB's were punched to the point of breaking a jaw by any other LB? Name them.

On another thread I posted where Gerry Philbin was upset at Namath. He did not break Namath's jaw though. They went on to win a SB that season.

Granted I'd like to see more maturity out of the guy, but it's not there yet. It's now, in his 3rd year, with a new system and weapons that he makes or breaks his career. Possibly becoming a leader or drifting into the abyss of Jet QB failures.

The QB is the field leader of every NFL team.

Fitz, while he may not be as exciting as Dan Marino, will not make many mistakes, certainly not as many as Smith.

Fitz's numbers are comparable to Vinnie's before he came here.

We follow that same script, we may be alright.

That's really more of an argument against statistics than one for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

There are NO great answers at QB & our man Mac knows this. He will choose from the few that get shaken loose before the season.

Guys like Colt McCoy ect.

It is what it is!

Geno will probably be out until our bye.

Fitz, while he may not be as exciting as Dan Marino, will not make many mistakes, certainly not as many as Smith.

Fitz' upside is more along those of Rich Gannon.

Anyone that says he's not any good didn't watch him play last year. He just looks like a real NFL QB.

He's far better than Geno, and better than anyone we've had around here for a long time.

By the most critical measure Fitz was no worse than 18th in the league(ESPN), or as high as 8th(PFF). 9th in passer rating.  

He spent his entire career coming from behind. He's a better QB playing tied, or with the lead. If our defense plays well, and Marshall, and Decker stay healthy he can win a lot of games.

Fitz' upside is more along those of Rich Gannon.

Anyone that says he's not any good didn't watch him play last year. He just looks like a real NFL QB.

He's far better than Geno, and better than anyone we've had around here for a long time.

By the most critical measure Fitz was no worse than 18th in the league(ESPN), or as high as 8th(PFF). 9th in passer rating.  

He spent his entire career coming from behind. He's a better QB playing tied, or with the lead. If our defense plays well, and Marshall, and Decker stay healthy he can win a lot of games.

I am optimistic.

I think we can all agree the mistakes will be far less with Fitz than what Geno churned out.

Every other play for the last 2 years seemed like it was a pick 6.

Just how many Jets QB's were punched to the point of breaking a jaw by any other LB? Name them.

On another thread I posted where Gerry Philbin was upset at Namath. He did not break Namath's jaw though. They went on to win a SB that season.

They asked Lance Briggs if he ever wanted to hit his QB.. He said the better question is to ask is who was the only QB I didn't want to hit.. :winking0001:

Fitz is nothing like Vinny. I would wager Vinny still has a better arm than Fitz. It matters. Somehow people get convinced that you can win with a "game manager". That is and will always be, complete bullsh*t and is 100% untrue.

Fitz is a wimp nice guy but not NFL QB material look at his arms I'm 52 and I've got more muscle than he will ever have look at the muscle not the beard. 

We need to get a viable decent QB in here better than backup Fitz.

Between the ears don't count either.. :winking0001:

That's really more of an argument against statistics than one for Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fitz at least gets the ball out quick and doesn't routinely backpedal with no real plan.   He may not throw the deep ball well but neither does Geno, regardless of arm strength.    

Fitz certainly isn't my first choice but this is almost the exact same situation as 2013 and at least Mac has Fitz on the roster to avoid wasting the season with Petty.   

Fitz is a good band aid for now, I would be shocked if they traded for a young QB that was selected in the later rounds. I think they are planning on addressing our QB situation next year. I wouldn't mind Glennon or Mettenberger.

Funny when fans want the Team to tank for a top pick QB when the 2 QB's in the Bowl last year were 3rd and 6th picks.. :winking0001:

Funny when fans want the Team to tank for a top pick QB when the 2 QB's in the Bowl last year were 3rd and 6th picks.. :winking0001:

Peyton, and Luck are really the only top picks that are among the elite.

Off the top of my head the best non top 10 picks, and not the first QBs drafted Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Romo, and Ryan. Obviously you do not need to have the number one pick to find a franchise QB.

I'm still looking forward to how Fitz looks on a team with a great defense, a consistent running game, and multiple receiving options. He's never been on a team where he didn't need to win games from behind. He has looked very good in games where he has an early lead.

Peyton, and Luck are really the only top picks that are among the elite.

Off the top of my head the best non top 10 picks, and not the first QBs drafted Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Romo, and Ryan. Obviously you do not need to have the number one pick to find a franchise QB.

I'm still looking forward to how Fitz looks on a team with a great defense, a consistent running game, and multiple receiving options. He's never been on a team where he didn't need to win games from behind. He has looked very good in games where he has an early lead.

Matt Ryan and Ben Roethlisberger were drafted in the top half of round 1. I think Ryan was 3rd, in fact. Eli was 1st and had won some rings, why not include him in the discussion?

Archived