Trade for..

Smo0v3mik3

Sorry to say this season is shot already before it starts even. Not that Geno Smith is Dan Marino, but we are not winning anything with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty, Matt Flynn, or any of the other scrubino names we have heard playing QB.

I am afraid we will never contend for a SB until we pull an Indy or San Antonio Spurs and tank an entire season, go 1-15 or 2-14 and draft a damned franchise QB already.

Looking back, it is amazing how many ways Rex Ryan f-ed us, winning at Tenn & Mia last year etc. It would bot shock me at all to learn that he had a hand in the fight thing the other day promising IK a job if he knocked the Jets starting QB out.

If you look at how we dropped in the last 2 drafts based on a few meaningless games Rex won your talking about the difference of having probably OBJ & maybe Mariota.

Not only that but the entire draft in 2014 would have been completely different starting with OBJ on right on through the entire draft.

I know people say it's NOT COOL to try not to win but it's really what's BEST for the organization NOT what's best for a coach teetering on being fired.

A good GM would tell the coach, play more of these young guys, let's see what they got. It's losing with an eye towards the future.

Rex truly screwed this organization sending out the over 30 crews to win a few absolutely meaningless games.

Wins at the end of one season NEVER carry over to the next UNLESS your a really young team all around.

That hasn't been the case for the Jets.

If you look at how we dropped in the last 2 drafts based on a few meaningless games Rex won your talking about the difference of having probably OBJ & maybe Mariota.

Not only that but the entire draft in 2014 would have been completely different starting with OBJ on right on through the entire draft.

I know people say it's NOT COOL to try not to win but it's really what's BEST for the organization NOT what's best for a coach teetering on being fired.

A good GM would tell the coach, play more of these young guys, let's see what they got. It's losing with an eye towards the future.

Rex truly screwed this organization sending out the over 30 crews to win a few absolutely meaningless games.

Wins at the end of one season NEVER carry over to the next UNLESS your a really young team all around.

That hasn't been the case for the Jets.

As it is the Jets walked away from the first round of the 2014 draft with arguably the highest rated player in the draft.  

Sorry to say this season is shot already before it starts even. Not that Geno Smith is Dan Marino, but we are not winning anything with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty, Matt Flynn, or any of the other scrubino names we have heard playing QB.

I am afraid we will never contend for a SB until we pull an Indy or San Antonio Spurs and tank an entire season, go 1-15 or 2-14 and draft a damned franchise QB already.

Looking back, it is amazing how many ways Rex Ryan f-ed us, winning at Tenn & Mia last year etc. It would bot shock me at all to learn that he had a hand in the fight thing the other day promising IK a job if he knocked the Jets starting QB out.

You think tanking the season is a sure way to get a great QB with the first pick or 2?? Check how many teams have a great QB that was the first pick or 2.. I give you the Manning's and Luck other then them while a 1st round pick is important it's doesn't have to be the top 5. Now it was Rex behind IK hitting glass jaw??  :screwy:

Not sure if Mettenberger is even available, but when in desperate situations do what Jets fans do.....PANIC. Bowles and Mac will bring in a veteran QB to backup Fitzpatrick while Geno's jaw heals. Geno could be back by week three or four - though most likely out until the bye week - and the season could still be salvaged at that point. Who knows, maybe Fitzy plays well and keeps the job.

Can't agree. In 2013 the Jets went 8-8 with horrible QB play.  Ryan Fitzpatrick will not kill us at QB. I think he is good enough to manage the game and make an occasional big play.  Last year he threw 17 TDs against 8 INTs.  If he plays the same way this year we could win.  We don't need an elite qb to win as '09 & '10 proved.

Agree 

Not sure if Mettenberger is even available, but when in desperate situations do what Jets fans do.....PANIC. Bowles and Mac will bring in a veteran QB to backup Fitzpatrick while Geno's jaw heals. Geno could be back by week three or four - though most likely out until the bye week - and the season could still be salvaged at that point. Who knows, maybe Fitzy plays well and keeps the job.

Geno opted for a surgery that, reportedly, will shorten the original 6-10 week prognosis. He should be available to backup Fitzpatrick no later than the second game of the season. Being that the team was unlikely to sign a vet before the opener (guaranteeing that player's full salary for the season), there's no longer any reason to bring in another QB other than to be a short term camp arm cut before the season.

Also being reported that it's now Fitzpatrick's job to lose. Going with Geno was largely a long term business decision rather than a pure football decision in the first place. They wanted to see once and for all, with their own eyes, whether Geno could be a viable starter or not. Geno's role in getting his face adjusted has very possibly (probably?) altered the organization's thinking on that front. I think it's gonna be very difficult for Geno to win the job back. It may take an injury to Fitz.

We need and want a QB faba

Right now, before the start of the season, no team is going to trade/release any QB with a proven track record.  None.

If we get anybody who's available/relinquish-able, it'll be a scrub, JAG, re-tread, or bum.  Sad to say, but we're stuck with who we have for this year.  I'm already thinking about 2016.

Right now, before the start of the season, no team is going to trade/release any QB with a proven track record.  None.

If we get anybody who's available/relinquish-able, it'll be a scrub, JAG, re-tread, or bum.  Sad to say, but we're stuck with who we have for this year.  I'm already thinking about 2016.

Fitzpatrick is a scrub,JAG and a re-tread so whats the difference. 

Macc needs to make a trade.

What about the fact that doing so would likely get both the GM and the coach fired??

Geno opted for a surgery that, reportedly, will shorten the original 6-10 week prognosis. He should be available to backup Fitzpatrick no later than the second game of the season. Being that the team was unlikely to sign a vet before the opener (guaranteeing that player's full salary for the season), there's no longer any reason to bring in another QB other than to be a short term camp arm cut before the season.

Also being reported that it's now Fitzpatrick's job to lose. Going with Geno was largely a long term business decision rather than a pure football decision in the first place. They wanted to see once and for all, with their own eyes, whether Geno could be a viable starter or not. Geno's role in getting his face adjusted has very possibly (probably?) altered the organization's thinking on that front. I think it's gonna be very difficult for Geno to win the job back. It may take an injury to Fitz.

Or, the Jets could decide that Geno is nuclear waste and proactively look to move on from him altogether if/when the right QB shakes loose from another roster. If, as has been rumored, the Bills want to dump Manuel, trading our garbage for theirs wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world.

Or, the Jets could decide that Geno is nuclear waste and proactively look to move on from him altogether if/when the right QB shakes loose from another roster. If, as has been rumored, the Bills want to dump Manuel, trading our garbage for theirs wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world.

It would be for the Bill's. Would they really consider bringing in the IK/Geno issue into their lockeroom. Get rid of Geno if they feel he has lost the team and will be a distraction,if not let the season play out and the fish or cut bait with him then.

Archived