Brandon Marshall on Mike&Mike: "Geno did nothing wrong"

nj meadowlands

Even if it was brewing it is not likely that anyone would think we need to settle this before IK cold cocks Geno and breaks his jaw. No one could see that coming/ Maybe now teams will.

Doesn't really matter. Good coaches preempt this stuff, and the fact that this isn't the only embarrassment for the team this summer is certainly a reasonable cause for concern.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bowles is as much of a Parcells protege as we've been reading so far, everything he's doing with Kerley, Amaro, and now Geno is completely intentional. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

When Bowles kicks a player in the leg whose coming back from a leg injury then I'll believe he's a Parcells guy.. :winking0001:

Doesn't really matter. Good coach's preempt this stuff, and the fact that this isn't the only embarrassment for the team this summer is certainly a reasonable cause for concern.

Good point remember when Rex didn't have a clue Holmes and Sanchez were having a problem??

Doesn't really matter. Good coach's preempt this stuff, and the fact that this isn't the only embarrassment for the team this summer is certainly a reasonable cause for concern.

Well unfortunately I don't think Bowles can change the culture as quickly as needed. That might take a season or 2 and some success. Rex likely would have done sh*t about this situation.

i read marshall's comments differently.  i ask myself, what has geno really ever done right?  bad vibes began during the draft process, when it was rumored - rumored - he was on his cell phone during team visits.  then he falls in the draft and nearly left.  we know the rest.  at what point do you just say, someone just doesn't have 'it' to lead a team.  and i'm not sure how much talent matters here.  maybe the jets are best off trying like heck to develop petty, have geno here this season if fitz goes down, but with no real vision of geno staying beyond this year.

As a New Yorker turned San Diegan I need to comment on the missed meeting. It is possible that Geno just blew it off but I doubt it. When you are used to NY time it can be pretty confusing especially if you are inconsistent about changing your watch. or with a cell phone that changes automatically.  It can be quite easy to "double" adjust for the time difference if you do it quickly. You look down at your phone, it says 6pm, (which is correct) you think "oh, it's three hours earlier so it's 3" and then go do something else. I did it myself a few times when I first moved out here. It is quite possible it was an honest mistake by Geno having experienced it myself. Just a possibility. Geno has issues but working hard has never seemed to be one. Remember he was even forced once to get away from football a while by the coaching staff.

Geno had 52 other guys to consult with as far as the correct time for the meeting.

Intentionally missing it holds more water than not knowing what time it was.

Doesn't he talk to his teammates?

If he doesn't talk to his teammates it would add up that no one came to his defense after he got his jaw busted.

Well unfortunately I don't think Bowles can change the culture as quickly as needed. That might take a season or 2 and some success. Rex likely would have done sh*t about this situation.

Sure. It's been a short period of time and as long as they can play on Sundays that's all that matters, yada yada yada. But here we are, yet again, and it's another season where the Jets are in the news for all the wrong reasons. And it doesn't look like much has changed, the QB situation is a still a ******* mess and the players are jackasses. Again. It's hard to be optimistic or hopeful about a staff that gets things started on this note, and I haven't seen anything said or done from Bowles that even hints he has some sort of control over this stuff.

Or it may never have happened Rex hater that you are you can't say for sure..Actually he did do something to fix the situation he gave IK his 600 back..LOL The culture can change from day 1 and successful HC's have done that forever.. I believe in Bowles, so lets see how this year progresses..

Geno had 52 other guys to consult with as far as the correct time for the meeting.

Intentionally missing it holds more water than not knowing what time it was.

Doesn't he talk to his teammates?

If he doesn't talk to his teammates it would add up that no one came to his defense after he got his jaw busted.

It was few players that missed the meeting to go to

Movies not just Geno... Although Geno that took all the heat cause he is QB rightfully so.

Sure. It's been a short period of time and as long as they can play on Sundays that's all that matters, yada yada yada. But here we are, yet again, and it's another season where the Jets are in the news for all the wrong reasons. And it doesn't look like much has changed, the QB situation is a still a ******* mess and the players are jackasses. Again. It's hard to be optimistic or hopeful about a staff that gets things started on this note, and I haven't seen anything said or done from Bowles that even hints he has some sort of control over this stuff.

Like making the whole team run gassers cause they practiced like sh*t ?

Are you saying they may be trying to buy a cake together in the near future?? Or Geno's sore jaw has put a damper on Marshall's sex life?  :winking0001:

Why is your mind always in the gutter everything seems to turn sexual for you when discussing football. 

Are you a Michael Sams fan? 

That'll learn 'em.

How many times did Rex discipline the team for anything ?

Early reports players have said Bowles is a no non sense kinda guy ., so he obviously some kinda control.

We had mutiny going with Holmes against Sanchez that spilled over into a game . Not one disciplinary action was taking ..

U wanna see the biggest difference look at how Rex handled Pace 4 game suspension in his first year versus Bowles handling Sheldon's .

How many times did Rex discipline the team for anything ?

Early reports players have said Bowles is a no non sense kinda guy ., so he obviously some kinda control

Rex made the team run sprints, so did Mangini. Who gives a sh*t? If "he's making the team run gassers" in the face of the starting QB getting his jaw broken by a teammate and the star defensive lineman taking police on a high speed chase with guns and weed and a child in the car after getting suspended and us going into week 1 with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Bryce Petty as the options - is supposed to make things all sunshine and rainbows, I don't know what to tell you. Championship teams don't seem to have this perpetual bullsh*t every god damn season and we do. And maybe Jeremy's a little nuts here, but I don't think wind sprints really ******* solve anything in that regard.

Are you saying they may be trying to buy a cake together in the near future?? Or Geno's sore jaw has put a damper on Marshall's sex life?  :winking0001:

I dont know about all that but it seemed liked Marshall loved Geno before he really even got to know him.  Fools rush in or something. 

Rex made the team run sprints, so did Mangini. Who gives a sh*t? If "he's making the team run gassers" in the face of the starting QB getting his jaw broken by a teammate and the star defensive lineman taking police on a high speed chase with guns and weed and a child in the car after getting suspended and us going into week 1 with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Bryce Petty as the options - is supposed to make things all sunshine and rainbows, I don't know what to tell you. Championship teams don't seem to have this perpetual bullsh*t every god damn season and we do. And maybe Jeremy's a little nuts here, but I don't think wind sprints really ******* solve anything in that regard.

Dude hasn't been on job a whole year . But name one situation he has been in so far where he hasn't delt with it swiftly . He flat out told Sheldon we don't need you if u don't get ur sh*t together .he cut IK the same hour .

Dude hasn't been on job a whole year . But name one situation he has been in so far where he hasn't delt with it swiftly . He flat out told Sheldon we don't need you if u don't get ur sh*t together .he cut IK the same hour .

I like Bowles.  It's unfortunate he has been dealt a pretty sh*tty hand thus far.

Who cares? Responding to situations that require a response doesn't change the fact that they happened in the first place.

Who cares? Responding to situations that require a response doesn't change the fact that they happened in the first place.

Guy these are grown ass men . There is nothing Bowles could possibly do to stop them from doing what they want in there personal time .. How could Bowles stop Sheldon from racing and smoking weed while a minor is in the car while home in Missouri?

Yes Brady is gay he's got the hottest wife in the world has a child with another hottie he's gay alright.  :suicide:

That's why it's ok to make jokes about Brady or Geno when they aren't really gay.. You can't make gay jokes about Michael Sam though..I thought you knew that?? :animal0029:

Guy these are grown ass men . There is nothing Bowles could possibly do to stop them from doing what they want in there personal time .. How could Bowles stop Sheldon from racing and smoking weed while a minor is in the car?

+1 You know what else I think is crazy?? The league only tests players for drugs in the off season until Aug, yet not at all during the season.. What hurts a player more getting high on his time or when there is a game to play?? :winking0001:

Yes Brady is gay he's got the hottest wife in the world has a child with another hottie he's gay alright.  :suicide:

I'm gonna celebrate this one place where we agree.

Jets Fans "Brady is Gay" Meme is literally the dumbest thing int he great wide expanse of dumb Jet Fan things.

Not only is it stridently homophobic (shocked from predominantly liberal New Yorkers in this day and age) but it's so illogical and sad as to embarrassing.

Guy these are grown ass men . There is nothing Bowles could possibly do to stop them from doing what they want in there personal time .. How could Bowles stop Sheldon from racing and smoking weed while a minor is in the car while home in Missouri?

Yeah. He's unstoppable really. It's like in The Blob, where the only thing that worked was Steve McQueen realizing that it was afraid of the freezer.

Guy, he says.

I'm gonna celebrate this one place where we agree.

Jets Fans "Brady is Gay" Meme is literally the dumbest thing int he great wide expanse of dumb Jet Fan things.

Not only is it stridently homophobic (shocked from predominantly liberal New Yorkers in this day and age) but it's so illogical and sad as to embarrassing.

When I get Warfish and JW to agree I have done my work for the day..LOL

Agreed. Championship teams have players who cheat during games, and commit murder.  

Our guys aren't at that level.

Archived