Brandon Marshall on Mike&Mike: "Geno did nothing wrong"

nj meadowlands

First of all, his first 5 years was a back up - learning the game, only 3 games started in first 3 seasons.

These years you consider ammo against Fitz most likely helped him become a better QB, where he had (speaking of statistics) statistical success Geno can only dream of at this point. Geno's career would be helped greatly in the long run by being on the bench - and on another team for that matter.

Damn so he got 3 years to learn ? I can't believe it

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmaoo this gonna piss a few people off .. No commitment for Fitz.

@CLoprestiWFAN Francesa asks Bowles if he views Geno differently now: "No, I still feel the same way about him. He's very talented." #NYJ

@CLoprestiWFAN I find it interesting the qualifier for the QB question; ie: Petty's not ready and Geno's hurt so Ryans our QB.

@yankey4eva That's pretty much where they're at. That's why Fitz is here...to step in.

@CLoprestiWFAN Maccagnan on Geno incident and waiving IK: "Our actions kind of indicate how we felt about things." #NYJ

@CLoprestiWFAN Petty needs the preseason reps. Bowles keeps saying he's not gonna learn holding a clipboard.

Was going to post these, these comments and tweets speaks volumes.

Good to know, rooting for Geno.

Well as far today ability go Geno was our performing Fitz up too getting hurt .

I don't know that you can accurately say that, dude.

Geno had all his snaps with the 1st team - which made perfect sense as he was getting his probable last shot at earning respectability.

First of all, his first 5 years was a back up - learning the game, only 3 games started in first 3 seasons.

These years you consider ammo against Fitz most likely helped him become a better QB, where he had (speaking of statistics) statistical success Geno can only dream of at this point. Geno's career would be helped greatly in the long run by being on the bench - and on another team for that matter.

So Fitz got to benefit from watching for 5 years and yet he still sucked when he got his chance and still sucks to this day.  So whats your point?  

Sure.  That's fine...but nobody is using Geno's stats as reason to why he's better than Fitz or deserves the job like people do with Fitz.

I just think its not apples to apples to compare the stats of an 11 year veteran throwing to Andre Johnson and DeAndre Hopkins and handing off to Arian Foster with a OC guru as a Head Coach vs. Geno playing in the worst offense in the league with Rex Ryan as his Head Coach in his 2nd year.

There certainly are variables depending on what you are looking for.

Fitz certainly is at or near his ceiling ... While Geno does have the physical tools to play at a higher level than he is currently at ... If he can improve his football IQ and leadership skills.

As far as comparing them stat-wise ... Geno's are worse ... That's why the Geno supporters are not using this argument.

For sure having good receivers & other skill players will help whoever is QB ... I am very excited to see what impact Marshall can have on whoever is playing QB for us.

Stats aside and just going eyeball test I would think most people (including myself) would still rank Fitz as 1 level (if not 2) better than Geno for Sept 2015.

From your posts it sounds like you do not ... And you view them to be equally bad.

That is certainly your prerogative and fair enough.

Hopefully after the first month you are starting to agree with me rather than vice-versa!

There certainly are variables depending on what you are looking for.

Fitz certainly is at or near his ceiling ... While Geno does have the physical tools to play at a higher level than he is currently at ... If he can improve his football IQ and leadership skills.

As far as comparing them stat-wise ... Geno's are worse ... That's why the Geno supporters are not using this argument.

For sure having good receivers & other skill players will help whoever is QB ... I am very excited to see what impact Marshall can have on whoever is playing QB for us.

Stats aside and just going eyeball test I would think most people (including myself) would still rank Fitz as 1 level (if not 2) better than Geno for Sept 2015.

From your posts it sounds like you do not ... And you view them to be equally bad.

That is certainly your prerogative and fair enough.

Hopefully after the first month you are starting to agree with me rather than vice-versa!

We're going in circles.  Here's where I'm at:

Both suck.  Period.  One at least has a chance to turn it around and that's Geno.  Because as you said, Fitz has hit his ceiling.  The coaching staff agreed with me till Geno got knocked out.

Now, this is Fitzs team at this point because Geno's an immature a$$hole.  While that's not my preference and I'd like to see what Geno can do with a real team around him and different coaching, its unfortunately where we are at.  Neither are making this team worth a sh*t, so it's whatever in the long run but I dont think its an ideal scenario for the Jets.  They'd be better off seeing what Geno's got in a new environment.  

That said, I hope Fitz can find some vet magic and prove me wrong.  I'm not holding my breath. 

Not sure what you're getting at, but I'll reiterate, RF like many QBs before him, is a better QB having rode the pine a few years rather than getting his lumps as starting as a rookie.

Fitz did start 3 games as a rookie but the Rams had Marc Bulger that was playing pretty well so he sat behind him..Then he was behind Carson Palmer with the Bengals his 1st year and when Palmer got hurt he played 12 games and was Blah 8 tds and 9 picks in 2008..

So Fitz got to benefit from watching for 5 years and yet he still sucked when he got his chance and still sucks to this day.  So whats your point?  

What it's always been - he's a tangible upgrade from Geno.  

Stats, experience, and a career's worth of common sense back me up in the matter.

And what's your point - should the Jets not have signed RF? Did they have better options?  

Did Geno not singlehandedly throw away enough games for you?

What it's always been - he's a tangible upgrade from Geno.  

Stats, experience, and a career's worth of common sense back me up in the matter.

And what's your point - should the Jets not have signed RF? Did they have better options?  

Did Geno not singlehandedly throw away enough games for you?

I hope you're right.  We shall see. 

So you're crediting Fitz for not being good enough to be allowed more than 3 starts?

Thats big of you.  As is allowing Fitz the time to learn the game, throwing out those games and that time while giving Geno nothing.  

The logic here is so amazingly short sighted, it makes someone who is on the fence about Geno and puts us in a position of defending him when your trying to defend against the goofy logic at work.  

So you're crediting Fitz for not being good enough to be allowed more than 3 starts?

Thats big of you.  As is allowing Fitz the time to learn the game, throwing out those games and that time while giving Geno nothing.  

The logic here is so amazingly short sighted, it makes someone who is on the fence about Geno and puts us in a position of defending him when your trying to defend against the goofy logic at work.  

I really wanted to see if Geno had turned the page this year but his idiotic spat with IK really pissed me off.. That doesn't happen to a QB who is team first..

I'm not throwing out 3 started games (rookie season) ... I'm crediting RF with the time he spent as a backup learning from veteran quarterbacks and developing a sense of professional humility. For many QBs that is a standard part of quarterback development. Geno didn't get that, and it may have been detrimental.  

Being a starter has been rough on Geno's career and his team. His prospects would be better if he was spending his early 20s as a backup. 

Lmaoo this gonna piss a few people off .. No commitment for Fitz.

@CLoprestiWFAN Francesa asks Bowles if he views Geno differently now: "No, I still feel the same way about him. He's very talented." #NYJ

@CLoprestiWFAN I find it interesting the qualifier for the QB question; ie: Petty's not ready and Geno's hurt so Ryans our QB.

@yankey4eva That's pretty much where they're at. That's why Fitz is here...to step in.

@CLoprestiWFAN Maccagnan on Geno incident and waiving IK: "Our actions kind of indicate how we felt about things." #NYJ

@CLoprestiWFAN Petty needs the preseason reps. Bowles keeps saying he's not gonna learn holding a clipboard.

This is going to get juicy when Geno returns. 

Interesting..

@CLoprestiWFAN I find it interesting the qualifier for the QB question; ie: Petty's not ready and Geno's hurt so Ryans our QB.

This is the same thing he said in mini-camp, just switch Ryan's hurt for Geno's hurt.

He must like this line.

I'm not throwing out 3 started games (rookie season) ... I'm crediting RF with the time he spent as a backup learning from veteran quarterbacks and developing a sense of professional humility. For many QBs that is a standard part of quarterback development. Geno didn't get that, and it may have been detrimental.

Being a starter has been rough on Geno's career and his team. His prospects would be better if he was spending his early 20s as a backup.

Problem is he can't get his 1st 2 seasons back. The team suffered through his growing pains. Then again with the garbage Idzik put around him wouldn't have made a difference if we had a QB with experience playing. The 2013 team outperformed everyone's expectations and last years team was barely NFL quality.

Question is will he ever developed? Think he has one season to convince people

Problem is he can't get his 1st 2 seasons back. The team suffered through his growing pains. Then again with the garbage Idzik put around him wouldn't have made a difference if we had a QB with experience playing. The 2013 team outperformed everyone's expectations and last years team was barely NFL quality.

I think we all agree he has 1 season to prove it

Well now he might have 3/4 of a season to convince people because of $600.00

I dont agree with what IK did, but I also think Geno as the leader of the team should've settled this the first day of camp and moved on. 

And if you and others who think this had a clue, you would know that the history of the league, players never pay any such debts for charity events, even though Geno said he would.  It's too easy to blame Geno when you don't know the situation, despite what some team members have come out and said against such a line of thought.

And if you and others who think this had a clue, you would know that the history of the league, players never pay any such debts for charity events, even though Geno said he would.  It's too easy to blame Geno when you don't know the situation, despite what some team members have come out and said against such a line of thought.

So in the "history of the league, players never pay any such debts"? How do you know that? And what the hell are you talking about not having a clue, why do you have to be such an ass every time you post? I am just stating an opinion, relax. 

So in the "history of the league, players never pay any such debts"? How do you know that? And what the hell are you talking about not having a clue, why do you have to be such an ass every time you post? I am just stating an opinion, relax.

Read Anthony Bechts Twitter feed on this very topic!

And you relax, I said you "and others," don't be so sensitive; it wasn't personal.

And what the hell do u mean "every time I post?"

I dont agree with what IK did, but I also think Geno as the leader of the team should've settled this the first day of camp and moved on.

IK is a thug with a history. He's lucky that Rex is around otherwise he would have gone from 500 mil per to 5.00 an hour

And Geno likes to shove 71 year old coaches around,,

So says an assistant years after the fact, guess it could be true. Don't get the Geno likes it part, what a shove at a game has to do with punching a teammate or what any of this has to do with IK

If Fitz is such a good QB why has he never won more than 6 games in a year ?

Fitz sucks as does Geno . I'm tired of dudes trying sell us on 10 yr career loser like we don't know who he is . Like we didn't see the countless poor games he had for buffalo, like we didn't see the bills start 5-0 with him and proceed to miss the playoffs because he Couldnt stop turning ball over..

Suck vs suck is what we have at QB ..

The logic That he is Capable of being a top 10 QB must be a joke ..

He played on a crappy poorly coached bills team and a team who could not protect the QB in Houston and still put up 90 passer ratings. With an elite defense Fitz is perfectly capable of being a very good game manager, certainly MUCH better than we have had the past 7 years by far. To even put him in the same sentence with Geno is the real joke. 

The Idea that Fitz playing good football is a "joke" is just stupid bandwagon commentary pushing the Idea the Jets can never get good QB play. Most fans probably said the Same when Vinny Joined the team in 98 .

I'm very happy to be optimistic when it comes to Fitz because first and foremost I'm a Jets fan.... Does that mean he was my choice in dealing with the current QB situation ?? NO is does not but he was the best thing available at the time and the team didn't seem to be too interested in moving up in the draft to get Mariota or that other plié of sh*t Winston.

While we get this team in order I'm sure there are plans moving forward to deal with the QB situation and I have faith as well that Bowles and Macc will eventually get the job done.

He played on a crappy poorly coached bills team and a team who could not protect the QB in Houston and still put up 90 passer ratings. With an elite defense Fitz is perfectly capable of being a very good game manager, certainly MUCH better than we have had the past 7 years by far. To even put him in the same sentence with Geno is the real joke.

The Idea that Fitz playing good football is a "joke" is just stupid bandwagon commentary pushing the Idea the Jets can never get good QB play. Most fans probably said the Same when Vinny Joined the team in 98 .

I'm very happy to be optimistic when it comes to Fitz because first and foremost I'm a Jets fan.... Does that mean he was my choice in dealing with the current QB situation ?? NO is does not but he was the best thing available at the time and the team didn't seem to be too interested in moving up in the draft to get Mariota or that other plié of sh*t Winston.

While we get this team in order I'm sure there are plans moving forward to deal with the QB situation and I have faith as well that Bowles and Macc will eventually get the job done.

Did u ever wonder why they didn't want Mariota even if he fell to #6? It's been reported jets would of passed regardless ..

Did u ever wonder why they didn't want Mariota even if he fell to #6? It's been reported jets would of passed regardless ..

i'm sure another QB needy team would have moved up to 4 or 5 to get him ahead of us if he started dropping regardless ... but did anyone put their name to those reports?

Archived