Brandon Marshall on Mike&Mike: "Geno did nothing wrong"

nj meadowlands

Rex Ryan told fans to shut the f up at halftime of the new England game and most fans here swing from his balls. 

Rex has acted like a A-hole at times also and that's a fact.. Don't forget the wrestling match when he flipped the bird to some fans..

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No - nobody who posts here was.

The overwhelming outpouring of warmth and support by all his team mates who where there tells the story.

+1

And you have to figure Bowles is aware of this too.

If it comes down to Bowles being on the fence between Geno and Fitz, wouldn't he want a QB that the team will rally around?

Correct on the surface...

However Geno does have a history of dickish behavior. i.e, missing a meeting in SD, cursing out fans, flipping the bird to fans, etc.

Doesn't show a pattern of integrity or a highly functioning cerebral cortex.

and IK has a history of punching people

+1

And you have to figure Bowles is aware of this too.

If it comes down to Bowles being on the fence between Geno and Fitz, wouldn't he want a QB that the team will rally around?

Question do U think Bowles would be upset about Geno playing catch if he didn't have plans for him ?

Question do U think Bowles would be upset about Geno playing catch if he didn't have plans for him ?

Hoping the continued absence of good judgement by Smith further solidifies Bowles' plans for him  - a clipboard with dry-erase media on it.

As was posted regardless to how you feel about this, how can anyone Ridicule Marshall for publicly supporting Geno??  He said he was right there but yet the geniuses on this board discount what he as to say because it doesn't fit their narrative.  

I guess it is easier to believe a bunch of "unnamed sources" in other words pussies.  That is why I respect Revis.  He came out and said he was disappointed in both of them.   I can respect that, not somebody talking sh*t and not putting their name on it.    

Here's #3

Jets' Eric Decker supports Geno Smith, too: 'We've all got Geno's back.' http://t.co/SFys97KvMf

I envision Decker's version of having Geno's back when a guy like IK is throwing punches is similar to Keenen Wayans when bullets started flying in I'm Gonna get You Sucka…." They shootin! They shootin!!!" 

As was posted regardless to how you feel about this, how can anyone Ridicule Marshall for publicly supporting Geno??  He said he was right there but yet the geniuses on this board discount what he as to say because it doesn't fit their narrative.  

I guess it is easier to believe a bunch of "unnamed sources" in other words pussies.  That is why I respect Revis.  He came out and said he was disappointed in both of them.   I can respect that, not somebody talking sh*t and not putting their name on it.    

Which is why I agree with Bowles when he said it was juvenile and never should have happened.. He also said it takes 2 to tango which means they were both in the wrong..

Which is why I agree with Bowles when he said it was juvenile and never should have happened.. He also said it takes 2 to tango which means they were both in the wrong..

Agreed.  I just don't like the unnamed sources saying "he deserved it." That is simply weak.  

He is also the first person that said it was a Sucker Punch .. So u can believe him for those comments but not the sucker punch lol

He witnessed it but didn't try to stop it?? :confused0088:

Have you ever been sucker punched ? How many folks in that locker room do you think believed that IK  any of their teammates would punch the starting QB ?  Now throw in the surprise of a "Sucker Punch" and tell me how anyone  other than IK could have stopped it ?  

As stupid as Geno Smith was to get himself into that situation, you have to think that even he didn't think  IK was going to punched him.  This appears from what I have come to understand  to be 2 guys having a disagreement and 1 of them making a decision that should cause him his career with the Jets.

When I 1st heard about this, without knowing any of the facts, my reaction was simple. Regardless of who it was, you injure the starting QB of your own team, you get cut. 

If you read through Decker's statement - he's effectively saying without saying - "yeah - what are you going to do? He's a douchebag but for today he's our douchebag and we have no choice but to support him"

Not a mention of any attribute Smith might exhibit or defense of him in the fight.   

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/08/jets_eric_decker_supports_geno_smith_too_weve_all.html

Ok fair enough but move on to better not worse Fitzpatrick isn't better by no means. 

Fitz had reasonable QB statistics last year before the injury.  I think that if he remains healthy then it is not unreasonable to think that he might be able to do the same thing here in NY.  "Reasonable QB statistics" would be massively better than Geno has been able to achieve.  How can Fitz not be way better than Geno unless you are predicting (as fact) that Geno will make a huge step up in his performances? 

If you read through Decker's statement - he's effectively saying without saying - "yeah - what are you going to do? He's a douchebag but for today he's our douchebag and we have no choice but to support him"

Not a mention of any attribute Smith might exhibit or defense of him in the fight.   

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/08/jets_eric_decker_supports_geno_smith_too_weve_all.html

Would have been great if he actually used that quote.

Only Bowles knows the answer to that question.

If Bowles is as much of a Parcells protege as we've been reading so far, everything he's doing with Kerley, Amaro, and now Geno is completely intentional. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Have you ever been sucker punched ? How many folks in that locker room do you think believed that IK  any of their teammates would punch the starting QB ?  Now throw in the surprise of a "Sucker Punch" and tell me how anyone  other than IK could have stopped it ?  

As stupid as Geno Smith was to get himself into that situation, you have to think that even he didn't think  IK was going to punched him.  This appears from what I have come to understand  to be 2 guys having a disagreement and 1 of them making a decision that should cause him his career with the Jets.

When I 1st heard about this, without knowing any of the facts, my reaction was simple. Regardless of who it was, you injure the starting QB of your own team, you get cut. 

Well when I ran a bar in the 70's a guy I threw out tapped me on the shoulder and when I turned  around he hit me in the jaw with a tire iron.. I spit out around 5 teeth and put him in the hospital does that count?? LOL I do agree IK shouldn't have hit him and Bowles was right to cut him.. The difference is we seem to disagree on what a sucker punch is..

Correct on the surface...

However Geno does have a history of dickish behavior. i.e, missing a meeting in SD, cursing out fans, flipping the bird to fans, etc.

Doesn't show a pattern of integrity or a highly functioning cerebral cortex.

As a New Yorker turned San Diegan I need to comment on the missed meeting. It is possible that Geno just blew it off but I doubt it. When you are used to NY time it can be pretty confusing especially if you are inconsistent about changing your watch. or with a cell phone that changes automatically.  It can be quite easy to "double" adjust for the time difference if you do it quickly. You look down at your phone, it says 6pm, (which is correct) you think "oh, it's three hours earlier so it's 3" and then go do something else. I did it myself a few times when I first moved out here. It is quite possible it was an honest mistake by Geno having experienced it myself. Just a possibility. Geno has issues but working hard has never seemed to be one. Remember he was even forced once to get away from football a while by the coaching staff.

If Bowles is as much of a Parcells protege as we've been reading so far, everything he's doing with Kerley, Amaro, and now Geno is completely intentional. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I dunno man. This sh*t doesn't look very promising so far. And the fact that Revis said everyone knew that incident between Geno and IK had been brewing for some time doesn't really say a lot about his tact.

I dunno man. This sh*t doesn't look very promising so far. And the fact that Revis said everyone knew that incident between Geno and IK had been brewing for some time doesn't really say a lot about his tact.

Even if it was brewing it is not likely that anyone would think we need to settle this before IK cold cocks Geno and breaks his jaw. No one could see that coming/ Maybe now teams will.

Archived