Kelvin Benjamin- Carted Off the Field

win4ever

Sad to hear, I was looking forward to watching him play this year because he's such a mismatch.  It also puts into perspective, some of the minor injuries that we have had this season.  Stephen Hill already out with an ACL injury for them, and was promptly waived I believe.  

I was very wrong about this guy, I thought he was going to be the biggest bust of all the top wr from last years draft.  Massive loss for them if he is down for long.

Completely agree. I stayed away and told all my buddies in other leagues to stay away. Thought his lazyness and immaturity would catch up to him in the big boy league. Boy, was I wrong.

I was very wrong about this guy, I thought he was going to be the biggest bust of all the top wr from last years draft.  Massive loss for them if he is down for long.

I was wrong about him as well, but not because of his maturity, but rather his skillset.  Mediocre hands, below average route running, and not a burner either.   But he just out muscles CBs it seems, and finds the endzone.    

SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- Kelvin Benjamin suffered what appeared to be a left knee injury during Wednesday's joint practice against the Miami Dolphins.

Benjamin went down when he tried to make a cut against a Miami defensive back on a play where there was no content. He stayed on the ground for several minutes before being carted off.

Free agent "options":

Reggie Wayne (age 36)
Donnie Avery (31)
Dane Sanzenbacher (26)
Brandon Lloyd (34)
Santana Moss (36)
Robert Meachem (30)
Ace Sanders (23)
Kevin Ogletree (28)
Jerry Rice, Jr. (24)
Josh Cribbs (32)
Jerrel Jernigan (26)
Kassim Osgood (35)
Brad Smith (31)
Wes Welker (34)

I still dont think much of Benjamin but he had a solid year. Sucks what happened to him though. Would have rather seen him out there forcing me to be quiet about his game. 

Free agent "options":

Reggie Wayne (age 36)

Donnie Avery (31)

Dane Sanzenbacher (26)

Brandon Lloyd (34)

Santana Moss (36)

Robert Meachem (30)

Ace Sanders (23)

Kevin Ogletree (28)

Jerry Rice, Jr. (24)

Josh Cribbs (32)

Jerrel Jernigan (26)

Kassim Osgood (35)

Brad Smith (31)

Wes Welker (34)

Not much better than the FA QB list we have all been looking at recently.

Free agent "options":

Reggie Wayne (age 36)

Donnie Avery (31)

Dane Sanzenbacher (26)

Brandon Lloyd (34)

Santana Moss (36)

Robert Meachem (30)

Ace Sanders (23)

Kevin Ogletree (28)

Jerry Rice, Jr. (24)

Josh Cribbs (32)

Jerrel Jernigan (26)

Kassim Osgood (35)

Brad Smith (31)

Wes Welker (34)

If that injury to Kelvin Benjamin proves to be serious, the Panthers best bet might be trading for a Wr. There might be better options out there than these, but the Raiders definitely have the size at Wr that might interest them. ( Andre Holmes 6'4 215 or Kris Durham 6'5 216).

If that injury to Kelvin Benjamin proves to be serious, the Panthers best bet might be trading for a Wr. There might be better options out there than these, but the Raiders definitely have the size at Wr that might interest them. ( Andre Holmes 6'4 215 or Kris Durham 6'5 216).

Prolly get a couple of firsts for either of those guys

Yeah but they probably want guys with size who can also play. ;-).  Just kidding, don't know much about either of them but depending on the severity I can see them going the veteran route FA route rather than using picks on a players with no real NFL resume. 

Really liked him coming out of FSU unlike many, just knew it was never realistic for us to take him after Stephen Hill was shaking up to be a huge bust. Doesn't sound like a good injury...wishing the best for him.

Archived