Woody chose Bowles over Quinn, Kyle Shanahan.

Matt39

Quinn is one just more DC who benefited from an above average Defensive minded Head coach. A System guy. Gus Bradley right before him was the same way. I'd rather have Bowles who made his own bones out there.

I don't think the Jets could have lost with either candidate. I like Bowles pretty well, but I will reserve judgement until the games actually count. All I know is it got better the minute Rex and Idzik were shown the exit door. That was the real victory.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the Jets could have lost with either candidate. I like Bowles pretty well, but I will reserve judgement until the games actually count. All I know is it got better the minute Rex and Idzik were shown the exit door. That was the real victory.

I know you're excited by Rex's departure, but it's the end of accountants in the GM chair that has me genuinely hopeful about the future of the team. The division of power -in which Maccagnan handles free agency and the draft, and Bowles decides which of those players make the final 53- is just exactly right afaik. 

Woody taking himself largely out of the hiring process, and going with proven football professionals rather than an agency, so looks to've paid off. So far. 

I know you're excited by Rex's departure, but it's the end of accountants in the GM chair that has me genuinely hopeful about the future of the team. The division of power -in which Maccagnan handles free agency and the draft, and Bowles decides which of those players make the final 53- is just exactly right afaik. 

Woody taking himself largely out of the hiring process, and going with proven football professionals rather than an agency, so looks to've paid off. So far. 

Bowles or any Head coach may have the final say as to a player just remember it is a decision made within the budget set by the GM. 

Archived