Semi-Official Concert Review Thread

Bugg

Saw the Wheels of Soul tour in my hometown recently. Tedeschi Trucks Band, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, and Doyle Bramhall II. Doyle was incredible, like Hendrix on heroin man. Dap Kings were great but I found Sharon Jones to be pretty standard fare in her genre. TTB was outta sight. Derek was really going over the top and out there with his jams. I miss his jazzier side from his days before joining up with Susan, but they really are one hell of a force together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i saw blur last night at MSG after years (decades?) of waiting!

Suffice to say after 20 years it seems they have beaten Oasis in battle for "Kings of Britpop"

unbelievable show

here is a vid from LA a few nights prior

Funny, I was in the MSG Theater the same night for String Cheese Incident.  Hell of a show, been almost 15 years since I saw them last, they sounded great!  Also saw Twiddle with The Werks at Stone Pony not too long ago.  The Werks were out of this world good, great jams.  Twiddle was awesome as well but a little more for the kiddies in the hippie jam scene. 

went to see dead and company at MSG last sunday night.....it was my first time seeing a "proper dead show" ( i know, without Jerry it is nothing lol)!  I have seen Bobby solo and sitting in with other bands a few times

i was blown away by John Mayers playing! that boy has skills

was a lil disappointed by lack of "shakedown Street" before the show but its 7th ave, what do you expect

my frend who is a huge deadhead from back in the day said halloween was the best "post jerry' show he has ever seen....including chicago

had a great time! 

Even though Mayer is admittedly quite dooshy, he is a much better fit for Dead than Trey was.  In fact anything I've ever heard Trey do outside of Phish has been blah at best. 

Trey is 1/2 the player he used to be imo. Agree Mayer was better.

It's scary, I still think Maze is one of the greatest studio recorded solos ever. Phish as a whole has really gone way downhill. Songs like devotion to a dream and backwards down the number line....just typical pop inspired major/minor chord progressions with boring major scale runs. They seem to be trying desperately to make their songs about vocals, and they can't sing lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

When you go to shows like that  and their are kids there  who werent born before 1990 and they have on Sabbath shirts its a Shake your head moment.

At the RUSH shows ive seen recently, its so kool to see father and son duos, lots of them, enjoying the show.

I tell these kids.... I was smoking dope to RUSH before your mom and dad met. :)

I'm not a huge Rush fan, but I love bands like this that have such a polarizing effect.  I play in a Dead tribute band and it's the same thing there.  People either love it or hate it, there's never much in between.  The talent of Rush is absolutely off the charts. 

• Upvote 1