Sign in to follow this  
Bugg

Semi-Official Concert Review Thread

Saw the Who at New Orleans Jazz Fest. They were much better than I expected. Daultry still belts it out. The dude playing the drums is much more Moon than Rogers. Entwistle is much missed, however.

Recently saw Zappa Plays Zappa at the Beacon, and if you're a fan, they're well worth the price of admission. Dweezil can Really play guitar, and he bring out other great guitarists to light a fire under each other. The guy doing the Zappa vocals is spot on, too. Plan to make this an annual thing.

Have a few shows coming up in the fall. Joe Jackson, Robyn Hitchcock, Tame Impala... Let's see how this thread goes and I'll report back.

Zack Starkey is the road drummer for the Who. He also still tours with Oasis. His dad is Ringo Starr.Often said Ringo was not the best drummer in the Beatles, and he's not even the best drummer in his own family. As it happens Ringo was great friends with Keith Moon and there are photos of Moon giving young Zach some pointers all over the web.

That's really cool. I'm a huge Beatle fan (who's come to believe that Ringo is very underrated) and a little disappointed I didn't know that.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company