Sign in to follow this  
Bugg

Semi-Official Concert Review Thread

On 8/5/2019 at 1:09 AM, CTM said:

I just got back. Kamasi's set was excellant. Herbie put together a top notch band with only 1 other geezer (Vinnie Colaiuta, Zappa's old drummer) and even though Herbies lost a step at 79 (imo), hes still a living legend.

I know you arent a big jazz fan and I dont have a clue what this would be taking the place of on your final 10 day itinerary , but I'd highly recommend particularly if you've never seen Hancock.

Edit: Forgot to mention, M. Night Shyamalan walked out about when I did. I have no earthly idea how I recognized him. Didnt even realize he lived in Philly and I dont think Ive even seen or so much as heard about one of his movies in atleast 15 years.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:16 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

That was a ******* fantastic band. Freese and also Dominic Miller, who, when he stopped touring with the Pretenders, had to be replaced by two guys on Middle of the Road and they still had to slow it down.

Herbie ******* Hancock?  He did the Beverly Hills Cop theme!  I posted this here because Vinny Colaiuta played with Sting and Dominic Miller both before and after Freese.  I looked it up, and the show I saw actually had Abe Laboriel Jr.  Laboriel started with Vai and played with a bunch of others.  He has done all of McCartney's tours, if Wikipedia is to be believed, since the Concert for New York which I attended, though I was working, so I didn't get to pay as much attention as I'd have liked. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company