Sign in to follow this  
Bugg

Semi-Official Concert Review Thread

Past few months have been:

Run the Jewels a bunch of times - Best live act in hip-hop right now bar none.

Action Bronson at House of Blues - ******* hilarious show.

TV on the Radio at The Vic - Still a punk band at their core and they haven't lost a step.

My Morning Jacket at Red Rocks - Venue lives up to every ounce of the hype.

Saw Kamasi Washington a few weeks back, he's every bit as incredible as he sounds on wax. The band he tours with is unfairly good, particularly the bassist and trombonist. 

Only thing is you forget that every song on The Epic is like 9 to 15 minutes long, so you only get about an 8-song set. Lotta songs I wished I would have gotten to hear that he just didn't have the time to play.

Heading to Pearl Jam at Wrigley later tonight. Pretty psyched. Weather is absolutely perfect.

Been a huge fan of Oddisee for a long time and I finally got to catch him live last night. Really one of the best sets I have ever seen. He has been experimenting more and more with abstract jazz, vocal harmonies, and live instrumentation the past couple years and they are really magic on stage together.

Saw these guys the other night right before Star Wars. This was my third time seeing them live since around 2006. It is crazy to see how much they have grown as an act as their library has grown. Really just my favorite rock band to emerge from this century.

I miss jazz clubs dearly and I think Shabaka Hutchings is one of the current greats. I regret never taking the opportunity to see The Comet is Coming live as they are my favorite project of his, and as soon as all this craziness is over it's a top priority. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company