Jets Chant

Ghost

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps, but whoever it is it's not me.  Probably sg3 or another banned poster here or JI.

SAR I

No chance, sg3 doesn't have the wherewithal to imitate anyone other than his cranky, crass self. It's ok that you're posting there as well as here, no one is going to judge you.

No chance, sg3 doesn't have the wherewithal to imitate anyone other than his cranky, crass self. It's ok that you're posting there as well as here, no one is going to judge you.

I am many things, but I am not a liar.

I do not post on other Jets sites or in off topic forums.  The Hangar was the biggest contributor to the demise of JI and I didn't want it there and I certainly would not seek it out now.  Whomever is pretending to be me is doing just that-  pretending.

SAR I

I use StubHub and price my tickets at fair market value.

What I find, anecdotally via friends in my section, is that sometimes fans who buy my seats are from the opposing team.  And that's not because I'm targeting them.  It's because Jets fans are notoriously cheap and I have a premium location. 

SAR I

this is true.  For the games I can't attend, I post on Stub Hub at a price that is near the lowest for my section.  I prefer a quick sale.  I have no knowledge of who purchases them and sometimes it is opposing teams fans, many of whom seem much more willing to fork out the dollars to see their team than do our fellow Jets fans.   I agree with the broad-stroke generalization that Jets fans are miserly at times.

So the need to recoup the cost of ticket and a PSL = the ticket being bought by an out of town fan or a drunk = the harassment of Fireman Ed = the death of the JETS chant. 

See, the PSL did kill the chant. 

If indeed it did, I take full credit and relish that outcome.

SAR I

this is true.  For the games I can't attend, I post on Stub Hub at a price that is near the lowest for my section.  I prefer a quick sale.  I have no knowledge of who purchases them and sometimes it is opposing teams fans, many of whom seem much more willing to fork out the dollars to see their team than do our fellow Jets fans.   I agree with the broad-stroke generalization that Jets fans are miserly at times.

True that.  The offer I've made for years still stands:

For those so interested in what type of fan sits in my seats, feel free to buy them at fair market value on Stubhub and attend yourself.

SAR I

True that.  The offer I've made for years still stands:

For those so interested in what type of fan sits in my seats, feel free to buy them at fair market value on Stubhub and attend yourself.

SAR I

So do I still have an open invite to a Jets game this year? Where I can sit in one of your luxurious PSL seats? It has been way too long! I remember your old mezzanine seats in evil giants stadium with the camera guy in front of us. The first diet coke and shrimp scampi are on me.

So do I still have an open invite to a Jets game this year? Where I can sit in one of your luxurious PSL seats? It has been way too long! I remember your old mezzanine seats in evil giants stadium with the camera guy in front of us. The first diet coke and shrimp scampi are on me.

Actually, looks like I may have 2 seats available for the opener against Cleveland.  $125 face value but I should be able to get $200 on Stubhub.  Happy to sell them to a fellow Jets fan, definitely.

SAR I

I use StubHub and price my tickets at fair market value.

What I find, anecdotally via friends in my section, is that sometimes fans who buy my seats are from the opposing team.  And that's not because I'm targeting them.  It's because Jets fans are notoriously cheap and I have a premium location. 

SAR I

Yes, I'm aware...we've had this conversation before.  You and I simply differ on what makes a fan a "die hard"...IMO, a die hard fan makes sure that they aren't playing a part in allowing opposing fans the building.  It's part of the reason that when I buy tickets, I buy them at a price that I can afford to lose if something were to come up at the last second and I may not be able to unload them to a fellow Jets fan.  I don't want an opposing fan sitting in my seat rooting against my team.  I'm sure every fan tailors their definition of "die hard" to whatever it is they do though.

Some will claim to be "die-hard" fans because they watch a few games a year on TV and they root for the Jets when they do...others will swear you must attend every single game, home or away to be a true "die-hard".  IMO, you go to every game within your power and keep opposing fans out.  To each his own.

Actually, looks like I may have 2 seats available for the opener against Cleveland.  $125 face value but I should be able to get $200 on Stubhub.  Happy to sell them to a fellow Jets fan, definitely.

SAR I

Really?  What section/row?  Fellow Jets fan here who already has tickets but looking to upgrade.

SAR I

Better be careful... 2 Jet fans from Staten Island may pick them up.  You could wind up like Fireman Ed in the bathroom.

SAR I

BTW, looking for row 1 anywhere from section 115c-117.  Breaking my own rule an spending more than I should because I'm pumped for the season, it should be a win, first regular season game for the wife, and get some decent pics to use for the site.

Yes, I'm aware...we've had this conversation before.  You and I simply differ on what makes a fan a "die hard"...IMO, a die hard fan makes sure that they aren't playing a part in allowing opposing fans the building.  It's part of the reason that when I buy tickets, I buy them at a price that I can afford to lose if something were to come up at the last second and I may not be able to unload them to a fellow Jets fan.  I don't want an opposing fan sitting in my seat rooting against my team.  I'm sure every fan tailors their definition of "die hard" to whatever it is they do though.

Some will claim to be "die-hard" fans because they watch a few games a year on TV and they root for the Jets when they do...others will swear you must attend every single game, home or away to be a true "die-hard".  IMO, you go to every game within your power and keep opposing fans out.  To each his own.

I like your point of view, that's hardcore.

So what I'll do is this:  Every time I am in Hong Kong or my son has a varsity hockey game or my daughter has a ballet recital or we have a Thursday night game and I can't go, I'll PM you with the Stubhub link with the fair market value of the seats, you can buy them, and then you can take the tickets and get them into the hands of loyal Jets fans and keep the bad guys out.  Put your money and put your effort where your mouth is.

Good?

SAR I

Better be careful... 2 Jet fans from Staten Island may pick them up.  You could wind up like Fireman Ed in the bathroom.

When I need to sell 2 of my seats and I do wind up sitting next to some lower-tier types I pretend I bought the seats on Stubhub too and anonymously narc 'em out by texting stadium security.  I get paid, I get to stretch out, it's all good.

My favorite move is when I am sitting in my 2 seats and my adjacent 2 seats unfortunately go unsold and some Jets fans sneak by my ushers and sit in my seats.  Always a laugh-riot when I get them tossed with a few button clicks on the iPhone.  High-fives and champagne toasts all around from my PSL friends around me.

SAR I

So what I'll do is this:  Every time I am in Hong Kong or my son has a varsity hockey game or my daughter has a ballet recital or we have a Thursday night game and I can't go, I'll PM you with the Stubhub link with the fair market value of the seats, you can buy them, and then you can take the tickets and get them into the hands of loyal Jets fans and keep the bad guys out.  Put your money and put your effort where your mouth is.

Good?

SAR I

Again...what section, row?

If I can help

Good?

SAR I

I prefer closer to the 50 but definitely keep me in mind and shoot me a link any time you decide not to attend.

SAR I

pm sent!! 

SAR I

if you need me to buy both I will. Let me know.

I'd be careful about being too forthcoming with your seat location.

Someone from this message board may water balloon you from the UD.

If that happened, I know the playbook:

Run away and quit on the Jets.

Run to media in tears.

Tell them sad story of harassment and woe.

Fire Idzik Airplane guys see an exploitation opportunity.

Fire Idzik Airplane guys put me on podcast and set up a poll.

Fire Idzik Airplane guys hook me up with Tailgate guy and Forum owner dude.

I wait for the notoriety and money to start rolling in.

It never does.

SAR I

If that happened, I know the playbook:

Run away.

Run to media.

Tell them sad story of harassment and woe.

Fire Idzik Airplane guys see an exploitation opportunity.

Fire Idzik Airplane guys put me on podcast and set up a poll.

Fire Idzik Airplane guys hook me up with Tailgate guy and Forum owner dude.

I wait for the notoriety and money to start rolling in.

It never does.

SAR I

Very crafty.

If you want, I can throw the water balloon and then disappear.

But I want a cut of the profits.

Good?

SAR I

Wouldn't you two be better to work out an off Stubhub arrangement?  Suppose you list your seats at $200 a piece you take away $180 after fees and he pays $225 after fees.  If you sold it to him for a straight $200 you save yourself $20 more, he saves $25, Stubhub gets nothing out of the deal, everyone is happy.

Wouldn't you two be better to work out an off Stubhub arrangement?  Suppose you list your seats at $200 a piece you take away $180 after fees and he pays $225 after fees.  If you sold it to him for a straight $200 you save yourself $20 more, he saves $25, Stubhub gets nothing out of the deal, everyone is happy.

I would go Craigslist all the time to resell if I could.

Problem is you have to trust the guy will show up on the street corner with the cash.

Yes, definitely, but it's not going to happen.

My point is that its easy for someone who doesn't lay out $5,000 a year for tickets to judge who we sell them to and tell us we could be better Jets fans if we made sure the seats wound up in the hands of Jets fans.  Some even have the audacity to tell me to eat the cost and take the loss, as if that's what they'd do in the same situation.  For me, I want as much money back if I can't go and I don't care who buys them.  I price them fairly, it's not like there is some magic price for a Steeler fan that's different than the right price for a Jets fan.  Stubhub makes it easy to see what the fair market value is for Mezz A corners, Row 1's, etc.

My comeback to those who complain about selling a few seats to games I simply can't attend is to buy them from me and then take the financial burden on themselves to sell them to the "right" people.  Lay out $550 cash to me right now, take my Redskins tickets, and go get your money back by finding a Jets fan who wants them.  It's a problem that's easy to solve.  I'm more than happy to get my tickets solely to Jets fans as long as it's less work than the Stubhub process.

SAR I

Yes, definitely, but it's not going to happen.

My point is that its easy for someone who doesn't lay out $5,000 a year for tickets to judge who we sell them to and tell us we could be better Jets fans if we made sure the seats wound up in the hands of Jets fans.  Some even have the audacity to tell me to eat the cost and take the loss, as if that's what they'd do in the same situation.  For me, I want as much money back if I can't go and I don't care who buys them.  I price them fairly, it's not like there is some magic price for a Steeler fan that's different than the right price for a Jets fan.  Stubhub makes it easy to see what the fair market value is for Mezz A corners, Row 1's, etc.

My comeback to those who complain about selling a few seats to games I simply can't attend is to buy them from me and then take the financial burden on themselves to sell them to the "right" people.  Lay out $550 cash to me right now, take my Redskins tickets, and go get your money back by finding a Jets fan who wants them.  It's a problem that's easy to solve.  I'm more than happy to get my tickets solely to Jets fans as long as it's less work than the Stubhub process.

SAR I

why would anyone do that? That's like paying you for the right to have the tickets? Why not just buy tickets on stubhub or ticketexchange for the games you want to go too. No need to lay out all that cash up front. 

Oh wait, that's what happens when you buy a PSL and are stuck with tickets you don't really want to buy anymore. Smart. 

why would anyone do that? That's like paying you for the right to have the tickets? Why not just buy tickets on stubhub or ticketexchange for the games you want to go too. No need to lay out all that cash up front. 

Oh wait, that's what happens when you buy a PSL and are stuck with tickets you don't really want to buy anymore. Smart. 

Hey, I'm not the one calling out other Jets fans over who they sell their tickets to.  They're doing that to me, not the other way around.  If someone wants to keep my seats out of enemy fans hands, fine, buy them and use them yourself or buy them and find a Jets fan to pay you.  It's not my issue. 

Regarding PSL ownership, Stubhub works and I break even each year.  I can get 2x face for a major team, 1x face for an average team, and lose on bum games.  Each year, tends to be a wash.  And I don't care who buys my seats as long as they get sold.  Like every other season ticket holder, it's not possible to go to all 10 games, I have a big job and four kids, priorities shift.  I'm on the hook for $500 in tickets and $40 in parking for the Eagles game, going to do all I can to get some of it back.  So would you.

Lastly, the PSL is nothing.  It doesn't matter anymore.  The money was spent in 2008, that's 8 years ago, and it was only $16,000.  I spend that much on my vacations every year, if you have a family you probably spend that much too.  Tell me, do you remember what vacations you took in 2008?  Do you smoke cigarettes?  Have a dog?  Drink beer?  If you do, you spent a lot more than $16,000 on those vices in the past 8 years.

You don't have to worry about how rich people spend their fun money, k?

SAR I

OT but FWIW, SH is still the most seamless and efficient and way to resell tickets.

The different ticket exchanges, i.e., NFL, NBA, NHL, can be difficult to juggle all at one time.

Stubhub is a great thing for everyone.

PSL owners get to recoup their money when they need to, thousands of fans who can't afford PSL's get to sit in a good seat a few times a year, it's all good.

SAR I

Translation, one section over from the EZ, the sh*ttiest seats in the stadium.  

I was just thinking that!!! For a guy who brags about how rich he is, he sure does have some crappy seats.

I no longer want your steaks.. You would probably bring some chuck steak or rump roast... If you ever want to actually see the game, hit me up... I will let you sit in my seats for a quarter... 

My seats, Sar... And you will never see them on StubHub because I have friends and family who are Jets fans.. If anyone in my family can't go, there is always a replacement Jets fan in the seat. 

Good thing I made all that money during the Idzik campaign or I wouldn't have been able to afford them. 

image.jpg

Archived