Forum Upgrade Complete

appreciate the work put into this place over the decades

Looks great Phil, way to go. 

Thanks guys. Definitely let us know if you see any issues or have questions \ suggestions. Much like the Jets offense we hope to have it running smoothly by opening day. :)

• Upvote 1

My family is visiting this weekend, and I was forced to interact with them for nearly three hours. I will not forgive and I will not forget.

Sorry about that, lol. 

We will try to be more sensitive to your needs in the future.

• Upvote 1

I don't want to be a jerk but is this how the moble going to be?   This is terrible.  It's almost unreadable.   

There is no real seperation between messages and it's very garbled in messages.  

We haven't touched the skin for the mobile site yet. We have plans to simplify things. We got some excellent feedback on this on the test board.

But what device are you on that it is unreadable? How is it garbled? 

Edited by Maxman

Just installed Tapatalk for those users that like that instead of our mobile skin. Can someone that uses tapatalk try it out and let me know if there are any issues?  Thanks!

Just realized that we have 40 new users through tapatalk in August so far. That is pretty cool. Thank you tapatalk family!

We haven't touched the skin for the mobile site yet. We have plans to simplify things. We got some excellent feedback on this on the test board.

But what device are you on that it is unreadable? How is it garbled? 

iPhone.   By garbled I just ment message is lost in all the other info that appears.  It may very well just need the "skin" to show contrast between text of message and other stuff. 

iPhone.   By garbled I just ment message is lost in all the other info that appears.  It may very well just need the "skin" to show contrast between text of message and other stuff. 

Integrity28 gave an awesome list of mobile skin feedback. We are in the process of getting that implemented. The skin is the same on mobile and desktop, since it is responsive it is laid out differently on each obviously.

His recommendation was really good...he suggested removing unnecessary items on mobile (post count etc) to make it easier to read.

I just made reputation positive and negative unlimited per day. I am sure we will have to change that in like 2 days when someone spends 10 hours on it. But for now it is unlimited!

Edited by Maxman
  • Upvote 2

Looks like Scout. Good job.

Well I can also confirm that neg rep is working. Thanks for the neg rep.

If you have some specific feedback we would be happy to look at it and address it. But to say that this is similar to Scout isn't accurate. Not from a look and feel standpoint or from a functionality standpoint.

• Upvote 3

Hi Max, looking good, can't wait to try all the functions out. By the way how did you get so many rep points, you been rep'ing yourself or just a$$ kissers :-)

Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions or problems when you check things out.

I think BP rigged the rep system years ago. We had a suggestion tonight to reset rep. I think that makes a lot of sense. Was leaning towards doing that on Sunday.

I have no problem starting over, it will only take me 2 or 3 weeks to get back to 500k.

• Upvote 1

Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions or problems when you check things out.

I think BP rigged the rep system years ago. We had a suggestion tonight to reset rep. I think that makes a lot of sense. Was leaning towards doing that on Sunday.

I have no problem starting over, it will only take me 2 or 3 weeks to get back to 500k.

Yeah I'm sure it will, but your poor minion, will be in ER with a severely swollen finger from hitting the rep key :-)

• Upvote 2

The sponsor banner is longer then the rest of the page, when you reopen a thread it starts at the being instead of where you ended and everything is white like the Jets finally said **** it and  surrendered. Other then that it's much better then the old mobile site. (iPhone) 

Edited by New York Mick

Not having to scroll one page at a time on mobile is nice. Cutting down quotes is still a pain in the ass but that isn't a site issue. I assume the buttons on top of the text box will make functionality easier as far as images and such once I figure out how to use them. Biggest problem as has been said is the background making everything bleed together but you're presumably already doing something about that. Million dollar question is whether you can bust Han Solo out of the carbonite on the new platform.

• Upvote 1