Forum Upgrade Complete

Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions or problems when you check things out.

I think BP rigged the rep system years ago. We had a suggestion tonight to reset rep. I think that makes a lot of sense. Was leaning towards doing that on Sunday.

I have no problem starting over, it will only take me 2 or 3 weeks to get back to 500k.

I didn't rig sh*t. I think Thor was the only guy I caught boosting his own rep lol how embarrassing.

remember the backlash from the site when you started the rep system? Wow has the worm turned and it was always fun neg rep bombing jr128 and jf 16. What a great idea that was!

Edited by BP

I didn't rig sh*t. I think Thor was the only guy I caught boosting his own rep lol how embarrassing.

remember the backlash from the site when you started the rep system? Wow has the worm turned and it was always fun beg rep bombing jr128 and jf 16. What a great idea that was!

I guess I should explain the technical aspects as to why some people have more rep points than others since Max really didnt run rep :)

Back when JN had the Vbulletin software each rep hit was calibrated by date of registry, post count and rep points. I think everybody started with 10 points. and after 2 and a half years I think most of the regulars rep power hits were around 30-40 points per click. so when we changed over to the IP software I think it only gives like 1 or 2 points per hit at the most, so the newer users will never catch up to the greatest posters (according to the rep systemMax, Thor et al) on the site lol.

So nothing was rigged and I think it is a good idea to start fresh

I like it and so far finding things is pretty straight forward.

one thing I just notice looking around on my iPad is that when reading a post that has a quote in it the quote isn't differentiated from the rest of the reply by a box or by being shaded.  It looks like one post, sometimes it hard to tell what is the reply and what is the quote.  Also doesn't indicate who was quoted.  Not sure if this only applies to posts from before the upgrade though.  The new posts do show 

Edited by Jet Nut
  • Upvote 1

Overall, I like all the new gadgets and what I think is better speed.  Only issue I'm having is with contrast/brightness.  The gray by the avatars going into the stark white of the posts seems a bit rough on the eyes.

Also, do we no longer see who's in a thread?

Bro, thanks for all the effort.

• Upvote 2

The speed of the forum does seem a little bit slower than the previous format. 

Once you learn the new system, it'll speed up for you. One of the first things I've noticed is that I'm no longer typing way ahead of what shows the screen. I used to have to wait for it to catch up to switch keyboards to add numbers (on an iPad). So already, I'm pleased. 

Now I just need to learn how to ban people again and I'll be all set! :)

Also keep in mind there are different Web browsers out there and they will all probably look and act a bit different with the new format . For me it runs much faster all Im seeing that's different is that there is no distinct separation between posts .

There should be an option in the CP that allows the forum pages and posts to change color every other post or every other topic so we can easily see where posts and topics end

Edited by Smashmouth
  • Upvote 1

The sponsor banner is longer then the rest of the page, when you reopen a thread it starts at the being instead of where you ended and everything is white like the Jets finally said **** it and  surrendered. Other then that it's much better then the old mobile site. (iPhone) 

Not to be a jerk either but Mobile looks horrid. I cant see the separation between quotes and regular replys. Its much harder to read.

I am going to remove the ads until I have that issue fixed (Sponsor banner being longer than the page).

On the mobile...we are working on changes to that.  Most of the feedback we are receiving is on the mobile version for iphone users...working to address all that very soon.

Not having to scroll one page at a time on mobile is nice. Cutting down quotes is still a pain in the ass but that isn't a site issue. I assume the buttons on top of the text box will make functionality easier as far as images and such once I figure out how to use them. Biggest problem as has been said is the background making everything bleed together but you're presumably already doing something about that. Million dollar question is whether you can bust Han Solo out of the carbonite on the new platform.

Yes, we are going to tweak that to make it easier to read, thanks.