Forum Upgrade Complete

Overall, I like all the new gadgets and what I think is better speed.  Only issue I'm having is with contrast/brightness.  The gray by the avatars going into the stark white of the posts seems a bit rough on the eyes.

Also, do we no longer see who's in a thread?

Bro, thanks for all the effort.

Good thoughts on the contrast.  We just added the users viewing a thread in last night.

I couldn't find that one last night. IPB bailed me out again.  :)

• Upvote 1

For some of the threads (not this one), the quoting format seems messed up?  IOW, I see:

---------

Posted  · Report post

Amaro right now is looking like a waste of a 2nd round pick.

Carrying a solid tradition of 2nd round picks for the NY Jets.

can we say Stephen Hill.......

------------------------------

But the "Amaro is a waste" line is a quote I believe...  There's zero visual indication of what is quoted and what is not quoted.

Is anyone else seeing this?

For some of the threads (not this one), the quoting format seems messed up?  IOW, I see:

---------

Posted  · Report post

Carrying a solid tradition of 2nd round picks for the NY Jets.

can we say Stephen Hill.......

------------------------------

But the "Amaro is a waste" line is a quote I believe...  There's zero visual indication of what is quoted and what is not quoted.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Someone else mentioned that as well. I am hoping that it is related to the whole reindex that is running. But I will see if this remains an issue, if so we will work on it.

Thanks.

I just turned off all the ads in the forums until I can figure out how to get them "responsive". The scrolling issue that NY Mick reported should be fixed. Until I break it again. :)

Please keep providing feedback good, bad and indifferent. We are going to tweak the site today to deal with the contrast \ whiteness issue. We have IPB helping us out, they are being great. So thank you to IPB.

I am making a quick run to visit my son at college. Today is the last day of football camp so I am bringing him up a few things. Keep the feedback coming and I will check it out soon.  Thanks everyone.

• Upvote 1

I agree with other that it's way too white--it's like the Patriots in here. :lol:

I also noticed that I can't see who gave me rep in my profile.

Other than, it looks fine. Different, but fine. I imagine everyone will get used to it.

Thanks for all the hard work on the site and not letting it go stagnant!

• Upvote 2

I agree with other that it's way too white--it's like the Patriots in here. :lol:

I also noticed that I can't see who gave me rep in my profile.

Other than, it looks fine. Different, but fine. I imagine everyone will get used to it.

Thanks for all the hard work on the site and not letting it go stagnant!

That looks like a rights issue. I will get that resolved today.  Thank you!

Anyone else having trouble with quoting other people? looks like in some of the thread when you quote someone unless you are one of the two involved in the quotes it is not showing up, kind of makes it look like people are contradicting what they are saying but I believe they had quoted someone else who they disagree with.

• Upvote 2

Oh, I also noticed that if someone's post is popular, the little banner that hangs in the top right corner may cover up the rep count box if the post isn't long enough.

An example of that can be seen here: http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/122701-i-am-going-to-state-the-painfully-obvious/?page=1

The banner covers the rep count on Lizard King's and Jet Nut's posts, but not munch's.

• Upvote 1

I guess I should explain the technical aspects as to why some people have more rep points than others since Max really didnt run rep :)

Back when JN had the Vbulletin software each rep hit was calibrated by date of registry, post count and rep points. I think everybody started with 10 points. and after 2 and a half years I think most of the regulars rep power hits were around 30-40 points per click. so when we changed over to the IP software I think it only gives like 1 or 2 points per hit at the most, so the newer users will never catch up to the greatest posters (according to the rep systemMax, Thor et al) on the site lol.

So nothing was rigged and I think it is a good idea to start fresh

Oh, so that's why. When I first joined the site I used to think that the over-inflated rep just showed who was loved the most. I would divide their rep by their post count and think, "Damn, that's one popular person". That's why I thought that one of the most beloved and respected posters in all of Jetnation was T0mShane.

I soon learned that I was very wrong.

• Upvote 4

Rhett from IPB is helping us out. He is going to post in here to get some more thoughts later on. Then he is going to tweak the theme.

Basically we are in good hands because we aren't in my hands lol.

Thank you Rhett.

Rhett from IPB is helping us out. He is going to post in here to get some more thoughts later on. Then he is going to tweak the theme.

Basically we are in good hands because we aren't in my hands lol.

Thank you Rhett.

So, you're saying we needn't fret?

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys. Definitely let us know if you see any issues or have questions \ suggestions. Much like the Jets offense we hope to have it running smoothly by opening day. :)

I ran a forum for a year and it was an incredible amount of work.  really can't think of any suggestions maybe questions will arise as i explore the new features. B)

• Upvote 1

Don't mind the white at all.

The mobil version is great, a lot better than the previous version.  Just as easy to navigate as the desktop version which wasnt the case before.  

Is there anyway to make it an option or to shut off the heads up that a post has been edited?  

Edited by Jet Nut
  • Upvote 1

Just need a better separation between posts and a fix on the quote function. 

Same thing on list of topics page in terms of the separation.  A little too white/plain.  Everything just kind of blends in.

Few simple aesthetic changes.  Looks cool though.

Edited by Pac

Thanks everyone, we are back online now. The forum upgrade is complete. There are a lot of new features, please check things out and let us know what you think. One of our favorite new features is the @ reply. A nice way to let someone else know about a topic or a post.

@GreenBeans

Just type the @ symbol and then start typing the members name....it should appear and then you can click the name.   We will be setting things up and we are running a reindex so things could be off over the next 24 hours while everything rebuilds. But your feedback is appreciated.

Please post detailed feedback in this thread. Thanks.

Thanks for always keeping JN ahead of the curve. However, ive been on a GIF binge and I dont know how to add GIF's with the new interface. 

HELP!!!:D

EDIT: Disregard. My insatiable relentlessness helped me figure it out! Thanks. 

Edited by Villain The Foe

The ability to hide avatars would be great. This feature was not available previously, and I was hoping the upgrade to the new software would add this functionality.

I know there are many users who visit this site at work during working hours, and unfortunately there are a few heavy volume regular posters with avatars that are NSFW.

• Upvote 1

The ability to hide avatars would be great. This feature was not available previously, and I was hoping the upgrade to the new software would add this functionality.

I know there are many users who visit this site at work during working hours, and unfortunately there are a few heavy volume regular posters with avatars that are NSFW.

Let me look into this...I believe signatures can be hidden on a user basis. I am not sure about avatars but I will check. Thank you.

• Upvote 1