Forum Upgrade Complete

Hi guys, my name is Rhett, I'm helping out Phil here with the theme, I'm making some adjustments here on the fly based on the feedback, let me know what you think of the adjustments, I'll be around for the next hour or so and can make some more changes to keep everyone happy and make it look the best it can here, please keep in mind we can't please everyone, but we will do our best to try! :)

Since update Tapatalk is displaying the imbedded codes....

The post rebuilds are still running, some topics may still need to be rebuild, so it may just not be rebuild yet. if you are seeing this on all topics, make sure your tapatalk app is up to date. Let us know. 

The post rebuilds are still running, some topics may still need to be rebuild, so it may just not be rebuild yet. if you are seeing this on all topics, make sure your tapatalk app is up to date. Let us know. 

Oh some users reported problems with Tapatalk. But when I checked it out, it was fine. But I did a new install of tapatalk. So I think that is end...please update tapatalk on your phones. Because we reconfigured it after moving from IPB3 to IPB4.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hi guys, my name is Rhett, I'm helping out Phil here with the theme, I'm making some adjustments here on the fly based on the feedback, let me know what you think of the adjustments, I'll be around for the next hour or so and can make some more changes to keep everyone happy and make it look the best it can here, please keep in mind we can't please everyone, but we will do our best to try! :)

Rhett - these changes look much better! I like the way the posts stand out on mobile know as well. Breaking up the white really helped a lot.

• Upvote 1

You can edit it now, (this was just added)  for 60 minutes, but not delete I'm afraid.  :) 

Rhett this stands out much better now, I like it.

@Admin Hey Rhett - one more question...can you check out this post by Nolder on quotes. He wants to know if there is a way to leave multiple posts in one quote:

Thanks.

Yes you can select the "+" sign to the left of the quote button to quote multiple posts, as above. :) 

Edited by Admin

Hi, Max asked me to stop by this thread and make my request here.

I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so quoting people who have quoted others wont disappear the quotes.

Example:

This is a quote, obviously. Someone quoted this "post" and replied.

This is the reply to the quote. If someone were to quote this post the quote would disappear.

I hope that makes sense?

• Upvote 1

I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so quoting people who have quoted others wont disappear the quotes.

Example:

This is the reply to the quote. If someone were to quote this post the quote would disappear.

I hope that makes sense?

Yes this is an option, it was disabled by default as it can often confuse people, I have enabled this now however. :) 

Example:

I hope that makes sense?

Yes this is an option, it was disabled by default as it can often confuse people, I have enabled this now however. :) 

p.s., it does auto close the nested quote (older quote) to help avoid confusion, but you can click on it to see it :) 

Perfect! Thank you so much this will help our mafia community a lot I think. Thank you for helping with these upgrades and thank you as well to Max. The forum is looking pretty nice with all these new tools and looks.

• Upvote 1

Glad to help, and you're very welcome :)  

Example:

I hope that makes sense?

Rhett - quick log off before we add more stuff to the list, lol.  Thank you!

• Upvote 1

@Max - I like the functional stuff going on here, but the forum main page I think is kind of an eyesore.  It's hard to differentiate between threads, if that makes sense.  

On a desktop device or a mobile device. Thanks.

2 things I've noticed.  Quoting is weird.  Hard to get it right.  It's kind of a mess and doesnt actually quote like consecutively at times.  They show up all over the place.

The other is on the mobile phone, it doesnt remember where you were on a thread.  It takes you to the first page every time instead of the last post you read.

@Admin, @Maxman

The multi quote option should be an option that users can turn on and off. 

Related, on my iPad long quotes are filling the entire reply box, and there's no way to scroll down to the bottom to fit a reply. There's also no way to clear quotes (that I can find) in the reply box should I decide not to quote someone after all.  

@Admin, @Maxman

Related, on my iPad long quotes are filling the entire reply box, and there's no way to scroll down to the bottom to fit a reply. There's also no way to clear quotes (that I can find) in the reply box should I decide not to quote someone after all.  

I'm not sure what you mean by "an option user can turn on and off" ?  Do you mean you only want to see only one quote in a post?  if that is what you mean, I'm sorry that it's not a feature of the software. If you are referring to the nested quotes, (quotes of quotes) then this is an option, however it's not a user option I'm afraid, it applies to the whole site currently.

On the iPad issues with the editor, there are still some quirks/bugs with the editor on IOS, these are resolved in a future update of the software, it will be a month or more for that version to be available though, so if it's a big item, perhaps you can try tapatalk for now until that update is available.  This will be fixed though and we will apply that updates as soon as it's released. :) 

@Max - I like the functional stuff going on here, but the forum main page I think is kind of an eyesore.  It's hard to differentiate between threads, if that makes sense.  

I will make some adjustments on the main forum page to help here, I agree it's not perfect, and will fine tune that a little. 

@Admin, @Maxman

I'm not sure what you mean by "an option user can turn on and off" ?  you mean you only want to see one quote in a post?  if that is what you mean, I'm sorry that it's not a feature of the software. If you are referring to the nested quotes, (quotes of quotes) then this is an option, however it's not a user option I'm afraid, it applies to the whole site currently.

On the iPad issues with the editor, there are still some quirks/bugs with the editor on IOS, these are resolved in a future update of the software, it will be a month or more for that version to be available though, so if it's a big item, perhaps you can try tapatalk for now until that update is available.  This will be fixed though and we will apply that updates as soon as it's released. :) 

Bummer. When I get to work later, I'll check out how it looks on a computer. Lol. At home, I'm almost exclusively on iPad, and run the full version of the site rather than the mobile. Maybe I'll look at tapatalk in the short term. 

• Upvote 1