Forum Upgrade Complete

Ok, one more--tweets are showing up as text-only on the mobile version (see attachment). Is this a forum issue, or is there a setting I need to change?

image.jpg

Does that same tweet show up as text on the desktop version? I know some people were posting the text of tweets directly and not the url, that is why I ask.

• Upvote 1

Why can't I embed videos anymore?

This was a bug, I just fixed this, it should have been automatic :)

Remote images and videos now auto embed on IPS4, to use this feature, simply paste the url, then hit enter, then submit the post :)

• Upvote 1

Update from my earlier post.  Twice this morning I tried to embed gif directly.  It only displayed the URL.  In edit function, I deleted the URL and pasted it back in.  On both occasions, it worked the second time.

Also, the delay in Edit is no longer working.  

The edit has been set so that it only works for an hour. Please let me know if you can't edit in under an hour.

The edit has been set so that it only works for an hour. Please let me know if you can't edit in under an hour.

Edited the post I spoke about above.  After getting the gif to embed, which took all of 30 seconds, it said "Edited by..." in the post.  There was no buffer.

EDIT:  I put in a spelling error and corrected it.  Notice that it says I edited the post.

Edited by munchmemory

Edited the post I spoke about above.  After getting the gif to embed, which took all of 30 seconds, it said "Edited by..." in the post.  There was no buffer.

EDIT:  I put in a spelling error and corrected it.  Notice that it says I edited the post.

I will look at that, thanks. There is supposed to be an hour grace period.

• Upvote 1

Try to edit a post again, and look to see if there's a check box at the bottom that says "show that this message has been edited." If so, uncheck that before you save the corrections. 

• Upvote 1

Try to edit a post again, and look to see if there's a check box at the bottom that says "show that this message has been edited." If so, uncheck that before you save the corrections. 

Let's give it a shot.

Slats:

ce68c60328bf7a4cf98700b75e40160cd64f8aba

Nice job, man.  It worked.  Hadn't noticed that before.  Is there a way to select that box so that it's always unchecked?

• Upvote 1

Thanks @slats.

Sorry I am a bit behind the past few days. I am going on vacation today...going to be driving for a few hours and then this weekend I will have a lot of time to take a look at the questions posted in this thread.

A vacation from life is needed. But I never take a vacation from JetNation. :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Max.  Slats, the boy genius, solved the problem.  As I asked him, any way to select that box as always unchecked?

Is it checked by default?

Yes, right now it's checked by default - even for mods. Don't know if there's a way for individuals to uncheck it, or if @Admin can change the default for everyone. 

• Upvote 1

Let's give it a shot.

Slats:

ce68c60328bf7a4cf98700b75e40160cd64f8aba

Nice job, man.  It worked.  Hadn't noticed that before.  Is there a way to select that box so that it's always unchecked?

There isn't a method an option for this I'm afraid, I wouldn't think it's that big of a deal though to uncheck in on the rare post edit if needed?