Reset those who are flawed

there's no way they can go through every member and reset Rep points just look at the points in this thread alone. I remember when the rep crap started I think I started with 8000 rep points so I really have 747 which is realistic. Some people have 10 times their amount of posts which would mean every time they post they got 10 rep points does that make sense to anyone here ?

Not a suggestion, but a question. In the previous board format my rep was summarized as "neutral." I got really close to +100 after some 7 months or so of membership. Would it have changed from "neutral" to "positive" or something like that at that point? Or did you have to get into the 1000's to get off of neutral?

Gosh. With a reset to 0, it will take years to get close to 100 again.

the rep system at some point got messed up it6s not posting proper numbers if its not correct why bother having rep at all ? If everyone starts at zero I bet it might take years for anyone to break 1000 or even 500 yet people have thousands of points .

• Thumb Down 1

We are going to do a global reset of reputation. Everyone will be starting back at 0.  Need some suggestion on what the rep levels should be. Right now they are too high:

Butt Fumble -1000

Off to a Bad Start - 10

Neutral 0

Ready for Flight 5,000

Very Popular 20,000

JN Hall of Fame 100,000

Suggestions?

I would bet it takes years for anyone on this site to reach 2000 . You don't have to assign values the numbers should speak for themselves. I agree with the negative rep greater than 50 and that poster can no longer start threads that's a great idea.

It's totally set up so nobody can topple the mighty 1%, but it also keeps the serfs below me. If the system is reset it'll be chaos. In a new "fair" system a man like Rutgers' rise will be meteoric with his .gif skills, there will thriving black market for rep exchanges and worst of all I'd be stuck down in the gutter forever with the likes of JiF. This new world is terrifying.

LOL

We are going to do a global reset of reputation. Everyone will be starting back at 0.  Need some suggestion on what the rep levels should be. Right now they are too high:

Butt Fumble -1000

Off to a Bad Start - 10

Neutral 0

Ready for Flight 5,000

Very Popular 20,000

JN Hall of Fame 100,000

Suggestions?

Kotite Nose Pick

Herm runs a GameClock Better than you

JN MetLife Ring of Honor

heres a good example

We can probably all agree max gets the most rep for various reasons. This week Max got 24 rep points. At that rate it would take Max 410 years to reach 512000 rep points.

I didnt post whore all those smilies for 9 years to have you wipe away all that goodness with your God-like powers.  Now it will seem like all that time was a complete waste and I should have done something productive with my life.

So you think you really have 267,676 rep points ? Guess you been on this site for 200+ years not 9 :P

Maybe....just maybe we don't reset rep and we just look at evening things out. I have no idea how I got over 500,000. I really think it was because of that evil mod named @BP.

you accumulated most of that after my mod retirement. I am in the retired moderator old folks home playing peeknuckle.

seriously are people really crying about rep? :rl: again? Remember when you ruined rep by deleting neg rep because of crybabies? It's a good way for the community to self govern itself. 

I I didn't rig anything. According to the rep you and Thor are the two greatest posters on this site. Who could argue with that? @Maxman

@Thor99

• Upvote 2

I still don't think it should be reset but if you are going to there should be base points given for years registered or posts made. Something along those lines.

rep is very very important and shouldn't be tampered with. I miss the comments. It was much better with comments

do you really think you have 134,000 rep points chan ? I would be willing to bet no one on this site has even cracked 1000 except for maybe Max. Yet some have in the 100's of thousands. It should be reset so the actual numbers reflect correctly otherwise why bother having rep at all ?

Chan's rep is legit believe it or not. 

• Thumb Down 1

do you really think you have 134,000 rep points chan ? I would be willing to bet no one on this site has even cracked 1000 except for maybe Max. Yet some have in the 100's of thousands. It should be reset so the actual numbers reflect correctly otherwise why bother having rep at all ?

From my understanding rep points are weighted, if someone with higher rep gives you a green arrow you earn more then 1 point. So it's not 134k ticks

I see no reason why it wouldn't be legit.

From my understanding rep points are weighted, if someone with higher rep gives you a green arrow you earn more then 1 point. So it's not 134k ticks

I see no reason why it wouldn't be legit.

I just gave BP rep and he advanced 1 point . With ypou're high status test it out and let me know how much you advance another poster

• Upvote 1

I just gave BP rep and he advanced 1 point . With ypou're high status test it out and let me know how much you advance another poster

It used to be calibrated by post count+Date of Registry (each month would give you more power)+rep points. it probably has to be re calibrated because I just repped you and you got one point lol. the hits when we were on the vbulletin software were anywhere from 25-40 points a shot

Maybe the system changed, pretty sure that's the way it was in the begginning

Yes, anybody that wasnt on the vBulletiin software for a while (I think that IP software started in 2010) have small reputation penises. (like smashmouth)

Edited by BP
  • Upvote 1

It's totally set up so nobody can topple the mighty 1%, but it also keeps the serfs below me. If the system is reset it'll be chaos. In a new "fair" system a man like Rutgers' rise will be meteoric with his .gif skills, there will thriving black market for rep exchanges and worst of all I'd be stuck down in the gutter forever with the likes of JiF. This new world is terrifying.

You know, it's not all that bad down here.  We get along well, you and I.  It could be worse.  Just sayin. 

///moves a spot over at the bar to make room for his good buddy SayNoToDMC.

• Upvote 1

It used to be calibrated by post count+Date of Registry (each month would give you more power)+rep points. it probably has to be re calibrated because I just repped you and you got one point lol. the hits when we were on the vbulletin software were anywhere from 25-40 points a shot

So keep the ipboard points and cut the Vbulleitn points by 90%.

If it's not apples to apples, then something should be done about those Vbulletin points. Removing all the points completely probably isn't a good idea, I've seen similar moves blow up in peoples faces.

• Upvote 1

So keep the ipboard points and cut the Vbulleitn points by 90%.

If it's not apples to apples, then something should be done about those Vbulletin points. Removing all the points completely probably isn't a good idea, I've seen similar moves blow up in peoples faces.

It's not pre-set. somebody has to go into the admin control panel and start calibrating and coming up with some funnier levels. ''butt fumble'' for -1000 rep points? thats not personable at all. I really liked ''is the target of a BP neg rep bomb'' better. if its new software it has to be calibrated. leave it as is and recalibrate the sh*t. most of the people with more rep are long time users and earned it. smashmouth is a long time user and didnt earn it and is complaining about it, so why do that?

The sad thing is that smashmouth was here back then

:rl:

Edited by BP

I've never understood the importance of the entire Rep concept.  But I give out green up pointing clicks all the time since people seem to like them.  all that effort, clicking on that gree arrow over the past year wasted?  I think not.  I want the pos. reps I gave out to still count please.

Rep the way i see it is people liking the comment you made.  Since I think Im funny and clever, anytime one of my awesome one-liners doesnt get a +1 i feel i have failed and should just quit trying.

Your little click on that green arrow goes a long way to making me feel valued and appreciated like i first did when i got married.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

heres a good example

We can probably all agree max gets the most rep for various reasons. This week Max got 24 rep points. At that rate it would take Max 410 years to reach 512000 rep points.

So you think you really have 267,676 rep points ? Guess you been on this site for 200+ years not 9 :P

Yes.  People like slightly retarded people.  So they gave me rep.  Jealous??  :wub:

• Upvote 2

On rep I think I will have to manually adjust things to account for the vbulletin point shaving scandal. I will see if I can export everything out and set a query to determine how many posts someone made during the vb days to adjust things.