fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team

kmnj

he was instrumental in many wins even if misguided fans wouldn't give him credit for them.

we can say that about pretty much any comeback.  if Brady doesn't throw 2 INts early in the last SB he doesn't need to bring his team back down 10 in the 4th but mistakes happen and it's a great quality to be able to overcome bad moments and lead a team to a win or at least give your team a chance to win.

I absolutely know we wouldn't have been anywhere near a title game(and maybe not even the playoffs) if Fitz was our starter.  Fitz has been on some talented teams and never helped a team win more than 6 games.

60% comp rate is meaningless if you aren't making plays to win but Fitz sure does great in garbage time to raise #s and fool people into thinking he is better than he is.

Sanchez never was anywhere near as his fans think he was.  He was a mediocre player who was lucky enough to play on teams talented enough to win in spite of him.  

And you don't absolutely no anything, its impossible to do more than guess.  Just as you don't have a clue that Fitz padded his numbers in garbage time.  Now you're just making it up as you go along to make your point

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez never was anywhere near as his fans think he was.  He was a mediocre player who was lucky enough to play on teams talented enough to win in spite of him.  

And you don't absolutely no anything, its impossible to do more than guess.  Just as you don't have a clue that Fitz padded his numbers in garbage time.  Now you're just making it up as you go along to make your point

I would classify him as middle of the pack overall w/ a top 10ish season in 2010 but he made plays to help us win.  that's more important than comp % or some meaningless garbage time stats.  w/ a similarly talented team in 2008 against weaker sched and no Brady we couldn't even make the playoffs w/ Brett Favre so to dismiss what mark meant to those teams is silly.  No, he wasn't Tom Brady.  he wasn't carrying lesser talented teams to great heights but he was still vital to both runs. 

I have seen Fitz play a lot, he's a nice backup.  he's not a long term starter.

pseudo science?  if astrophysics is pseudo science what is science? 

To best explain, "Science" is like a paint brush with a broad stroke, it covers alot of area. Astrophysics is pretending to be one of the strands that make up the overall scientific paint brush. 

What makes Astrophysics pseudo is that theories are turned into fact through visual composites and formulas left to interpretation, not actual confirmed evidence. Another example is if something is found that contradicts the ideology of the study, then it's thrown out because unfortunately the theory or ideology is more important than the actual discovery. Again, that's not science. 

This is pseudo information (pseudo science) but it doesnt make information in general (science in general) pseudo, it just means that you should question what you learn no matter if the composites are supported by slick talking, doctorate degree holding Ivy leaguers. 

Many people get caught up in the "status & degrees" and are afraid to challenge whats right in front of them because they believe that these people are more brilliant then they are themselves. I've never really had that problem. If a person has a problem or can't handle being ridiculed and/or laughed at then believing everything they're told is probably their best bet. 

Anyway, back to Fitzpatrick and the Jets terrible QB situation. 

Fitz is an average, journeyman qb.  As such, he is a significant improvement over Smith and Sanchez.  A short term, hold the fort player.  But will not give games away as has been done in the past 4 years.

Fitz is an average, journeyman qb.  As such, he is a significant improvement over Smith and Sanchez.  A short term, hold the fort player.  But will not give games away as has been done in the past 4 years.

he is not an improvement over Sanchez, a huge downgrade actually but he MAY be an improvement over Smith.

will not give away games? you have never watched Fitz play, have you?

Don't you dare badmouth the charter member of the Hall of Famer on the Bench Club!

that guy did take the overrated Ken O'Brien's team and win a playoff game.  Pat Ryan was a great backup QB, spot starter type.  That is what Fitz should be in this league but unfortunately for him he has had to start.

Pat Ryan

Don't you dare badmouth the charter member of the Hall of Famer on the Bench Club!

Ha!   I friggin hated that guys guts.....

I was never a fan myself. But there was a very vocal contingent who thought he was something special for some reason. 

that guy did take the overrated Ken O'Brien's team and win a playoff game.  Pat Ryan was a great backup QB, spot starter type.  That is what Fitz should be in this league but unfortunately for him he has had to start.

See what I mean>

That shovel pass was truly horrible and I was going to nominate Brister for this award, but I can't see getting that upset over it.  The season was already lost.  It was near mid-season and they had only won one game.  They couldn't move the ball at all that game and only scored on long FGs and an interception return.  I was upset by the embarrassment of the play, but it wasn't like Martin and those stiffs handing the AFC title over in the 2nd half in Denver..  It was more, "Ah a symbol of our misery!" ` Getting upset at that was like getting upset that Harvin didn't save our season last year.  It was already over, they were just hammering nails in the coffin.

I have a high school diploma and some college, no big deal either. 

He has a doctorate in a field where most of the information is either theorized or made up with much of the visual evidence being composites and not actual photographs. There's no denying that the man is brilliant, he knows alot regarding the pseudo science he was taught. Thats why I said he was an idiot based on his idiocracy, and not dumb. The man is obviously highly intelligent but his philosophies are wrong, though very popular to us common folk.

Sorry but I totally disagree with you. I don't want to hijack this thread but I have seen many of his lectures and read many articles;  The man believes in the scientific method, you may not agree with it but it is not wrong and if that makes him an idiot then we are all in real trouble. 

I don't think he was anything special. 

who is saying he was?  if he was special he would have been a full time starter but as a backup could you ask for anything more?  he did a great job as a backup and the few times he had to start. 

You said he was better than Kenny O'Brien. 

No, I said Kenny was overrated and he took Ken's team and did something Ken couldn't do- win a playoff game.  I do not think Pat has as much success if he is a full time starter but that has nothing to do w/ ken being overrated.

No, I said Kenny was overrated and he took Ken's team and did something Ken couldn't do- win a playoff game.  I do not think Pat has as much success if he is a full time starter but that has nothing to do w/ ken being overrated.

You really think O'Brien couldn't beat the Chiefs? I was at that game, the Jets would have beaten the Chiefs with you at QB. 

Had Kenny started it would have been a blood bath. 

How was Kenny O overrated? Because he was drafted ahead of Marino?

Well yeah that sucked, but who KNEW what either QB would turn out accomplishing in their careers at the time of the draft. Maybe if the O-line could've protected Ken a bit more, the outcome could've been better.

Sorry but I totally disagree with you. I don't want to hijack this thread but I have seen many of his lectures and read many articles;  The man believes in the scientific method, you may not agree with it but it is not wrong and if that makes him an idiot then we are all in real trouble. 

You can totally disagree with me. I have no problem with it and you're not hijacking the thread. 

After calling Sanchez a top 10 QB, now you're calling KO overrated? :wacko:

Archived