New Forum Upgrade

Maxman

oh and the quoting function is awful now..  It's hard to describe but if I want to erase something I mistakenly misquoted it doesn't allow it..  I also find it's putting in multiple quotes when trying to quote something..  it's just weird

There is an actual bug I believe with the quotes. I am getting together an issue list, and hope to have everything together soon. But that one seems to be a bug, we will get it fixed.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's what i was getting at. Max, the "no editing" change is going to be really hard on the mafia board, particularly the mods. Was that an intentional change with a real impetus or just a default you had no reason to alter?

Hey guys if you want me to see something in here please use the @ function and I will come running lol. We can edit the edit function. We just don't want it on forever in the Jets forum. But we can definitely do something custom in here. Just let me know what you guys need. Thanks.

It's not a big deal now since we're in off season. But it would be really helpful if Max could somehow figure out custom settings just for the Mafia forum by the time we come back. If that's even possible.

Mafia games have an offseaon?  :)

Right now it is set to be able to edit for one hour silently. We can change\modify this if needed. Just let me know what you need, we could do a custom user group of mafia members and then changed the editing rights for the games only.

Thanks.

Whoever is running a game will normally have to edit posts throughout the course of a game and signups of a game with player lists and when players died. Games run from a week - 2 week period and we all basically run games on here. A custom user group might be the easiest. 

What is a vote tag?
There is a tagging option in this version, we have it disabled. That is why I ask. 

Verbal would be able to explain it fully, but we have a tag on dragonmount that you type [v]Crushlove[/v] and it would show up like this: Vote: Crushlove

1 other mild grip is now instead of seeing the time of a post we now see "X" minutes, hours, etc ago..  Getting an accurate time stamp is way better for mafia purposes.   Just saying.

You can just hover and it gives the exact time.  I actually preferred it this way when I was overseas because eight a.m. for me was 2 a.m. for you people.  I think Villain is in that boat now, but it is pretty irrelevant for regular posting. 

You can just hover and it gives the exact time.  I actually preferred it this way when I was overseas because eight a.m. for me was 2 a.m. for you people.  I think Villain is in that boat now, but it is pretty irrelevant for regular posting. 

problem solved.  nice work.

Wow ... even manually nesting the quotes doesn't work

Wow really? That's worse than before. :/

Hey sorry -- I am a little backed up. But I apologize because we put nested quotes out there and then had to take it away. Everyone on the main board was freaking out especially from their iPad.

What you mentioned is exactly what I am planning on doing. I think if JetNation pays a programmer we can get custom rights just for the mafia forum. For things like the nested quotes, I think that would work well. Just give me a little time, I will work on it.

Thanks!

We understand. The main board has to come first. Thank you for trying to find a way to make everyone happy.

Right now it is set to be able to edit for one hour silently. We can change\modify this if needed. Just let me know what you need, we could do a custom user group of mafia members and then changed the editing rights for the games only.

Thanks.

Custom group would work well maybe. Can you enter/leave those at will? Or do you need a mod like Crusher to approve you or something? Can you belong to multiple groups?

Hey guys if you want me to see something in here please use the @ function and I will come running lol. We can edit the edit function. We just don't want it on forever in the Jets forum. But we can definitely do something custom in here. Just let me know what you guys need. Thanks.

I don't know how to use the @ function. If you see this though and don't mind my asking, what's the deal with editing? Is there a reason you don't want people to be able to edit their posts after a certain amount of time has passed?

Mafia games have an offseaon?  :)

Yeah during football season lol.

What is a vote tag?
There is a tagging option in this version, we have it disabled. That is why I ask. 

Something they introduced on the Dragonmount forum. It's custom coding that turns anything inside the code bold red and is used for mafia games.

Incidentally Max gets how to do this whole owner of the site thing.  Treat the people supporting your site like customers - not underlings.  Bravo.

For sure. I'm really impressed that he's taken so much time to talk to us here and make sure we're happy. We're at most a couple dozen people compared to the rest of the forum which I'm sure numbers in the hundreds if not thousands during football season.

Yeah, that's what i was getting at. Max, the "no editing" change is going to be really hard on the mafia board, particularly the mods. Was that an intentional change with a real impetus or just a default you had no reason to alter?

Hi my lord, friend, master, and admin:

@maxman ---- I just wanted to try this and show you that in mobile, the @ feature does not work. At least not for me? Or at least not with your name. 

Ironically i think nesting just worked 

Dude the post above, I quoted you specifically, then the post had a nested quote in it with Doggin That the site added on its own, and then when I posted, your quote dropped and it was only Doggin. That's why the above reply that I made looks like it makes no sense. 

Incidentally Max gets how to do this whole owner of the site thing.  Treat the people supporting your site like customers - not underlings.  Bravo.

Yeah, was just about to say that Max is a good dude until I saw your post. You said it better.

How do you get audio clips in a post?  The old forum I hit source and media then pasted the link which brought up the player..  I don't see that as an option any longer.  I copied and pasted and it just shows the link.

How do you get audio clips in a post?  The old forum I hit source and media then pasted the link which brought up the player..  I don't see that as an option any longer.  I copied and pasted and it just shows the link.

Might be you have to use media tags manually...maybe...

@maxman ---- I just wanted to try this and show you that in mobile, the @ feature does not work. At least not for me? Or at least not with your name. 

@Lizard King it worked for me. But I had to scroll down a little bit to select your name.

It's not working for me either

I have this on the list, will try to get it resolved soon. Thanks.

I am having the same problem, trying to get an answer. I used to just paste the link that ended in .mp3 and the player would embed automatically. I am not sure how to do it now myself...will post an answer soon. Thanks.

In a thread I previously posted in...there was a link at the the top that stated  "Go to first unread post".  With the forum upgrade I do not see this feature.  This makes me wonder where I left off.  

Also, I have a screen shot of what I'm talking about from another website but I no longer see where to add an image.

Archived