Sheldon Richardson ~ ~ ~

kelly

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about just a member of your community?  You want the guy street racing in your neighborhood, while smoking weed, with a loaded gun and neighborhood children in the car?  You want this guy even in the town you live in?  He's that quality person where you need to at least pause to think of you even want him in the same town where he may encounter your children...but if you want his high ass driving 147 around your family, have at it...again, I'll pass.

Young kids watch Jets football. and Sheldon ''The moron'' Richardson is supposed be be one of their big stars. this guy is supposed to be a ''professional football player''. a ''professional football player'' has higher standard of how to act in public and how to act in the community then your common ThugTurd. I really feel sorry for anybody defending this guy, and any offspring they produce.

smoking weed with a loaded gun, a kid in the car, while driving 147...some things are common sense...for most.  I'm not in the excuse making business, sir.  You must be one of the other kinds of guys.

Not one of those "other kind of guy's" did state that Sheldon will have to pay a price. I am only guessing here but my guess is you have never lived or experienced a culture outside of your emediet residence.  Smoking weed is illegal in most of this country having a loaded gun is legal in about 40 percent. Mixing the two is dumb every ware same with alcohol. Legal system will set the charges for all his transgressions. If you have an issue with the changes that's more on the system than on Sheldon. After the courts have their say the NFL will have theirs and he will be held accountable by another set of standards. To believe your standards are the one and only to live by is a misconception. Make no mistake he will be held accountable save the displeasure for after he has bin penalized. At this point there is no other standard than yours for him to be run out of the league. I will wait for the outcome before I become outraged over the penalty or lack of.

Young kids watch Jets football. and Sheldon ''The moron'' Richardson is supposed be be one of their big stars. this guy is supposed to be a ''professional football player''. a ''professional football player'' has higher standard of how to act in public and how to act in the community then your common ThugTurd. I really feel sorry for anybody defending this guy, and any offspring they produce.

I feel sorry for the offspring of anyone who expects a professional athlete to be any sort of role model nowadays. What he did is stupid and immature, but it wasn't violent or malicious. I didn't want the dog killer or the woman beaters, but I'll take the all pro pot smoking drag racer and hope he smartens up a little bit. 

guess we have to wait to see how the current charges of resisting arrest and such play out before the league moves in. Lord knows they have been in the spotlight enough with the ******* cheaters so they can't react prematurely in this situation

I feel sorry for the offspring of anyone who expects a professional athlete to be any sort of role model nowadays. What he did is stupid and immature, but it wasn't violent or malicious. I didn't want the dog killer or the woman beaters, but I'll take the all pro pot smoking drag racer and hope he smartens up a little bit. 

so what exactly are you saying? You're defending him but not really defending him because this is how it is nowadays? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.  And it's more about what other Jets players see him get away with that would concern me. Acting like a professional is one, not being a Boy Scout and bobbing for apples at church on Sunday. Which is how I think you perceived my post to be.

so what exactly are you saying? You're defending him but not really defending him because this is how it is nowadays? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. 

I'm saying that holding a pro athlete to a higher standard is stupid. He did something dumb and immature. I don't encourage anyone to behave in such a way, but by the same token what he did wasn't malicious. It wasn't violent. A person can grow out of young and dumb. And I can forgive young and dumb, especially when it's a player the caliber of Sheldon Richardson. Shockingly, good football teams are rarely 100% boy scouts choir boys. 

I'm saying that holding a pro athlete to a higher standard is stupid. He did something dumb and immature. I don't encourage anyone to behave in such a way, but by the same token what he did wasn't malicious. It wasn't violent. A person can grow out of young and dumb. And I can forgive young and dumb, especially when it's a player the caliber of Sheldon Richardson. Shockingly, good football teams are rarely 100% boy scouts choir boys. 

higher standard than what? A criminal? I don't think that's too much to ask, do you?  He's a grown man, not a 12 year old that took his mommys car out for a joy ride.  Especially after the weed thing. The weed thing isn't a big deal, other than the fact he ****ed himself and the Jets.

Any word when the NFL will decide if his suspension will be lengthened?  Or might we not hear until weak 3 or 4?

miraculously the weed charge and child endangerment charges were dropped.  he is facing some hefty moving violations, that's about it.  unless the NFL decided to drug test him again based on these reports, the NFL does not have much to punish him for.

we'll see if maccagnan and bowles have the balls to punish him for not telling them he was arrested.  they both found out about this the way we did, internet reports

higher standard than what? A criminal? I don't think that's too much to ask, do you?  He's a grown man, not a 12 year old that took his mommys car out for a joy ride.  Especially after the weed thing. The weed thing isn't a big deal, other than the fact he ****ed himself and the Jets.

He's going to be punished for what he did, and he should be. I'm not giving him a free pass, and neither is the law or the league. I'm also not going to drum a player with his talents off the team because of a dumb -but not malicious or violent- crime. And I'm not going to get all holier than thou on a football message board, either. 

Forgetting the speeding car incident, the part above really bothers me.  After getting caught even twice for smoking weed, you would think this dope would understand that testing positive again would be a problem not only for him financially but for the team.  

So what's Sheldon's "educated" response?  Get caught twice more, suspended for four games, then drive that 143 MPH with a 12 year-old in the car.  Plus more weed and handguns.  LOL!  You can't make this sh*t up.  All it shows me is the guy only cares about himself and getting high.  Also that he's had a bunch of chances to clean up his act, but instead pissed on 'em.

He's going to be punished for what he did, and he should be. I'm not giving him a free pass, and neither is the law or the league. I'm also not going to drum a player with his talents off the team because of a dumb -but not malicious or violent- crime. And I'm not going to get all holier than thou on a football message board, either. 

holier than a criminal? got it! and I never said get rid of him, where did you come up with that from? 

holier than a criminal? got it! and I never said get rid of him, where did you come up with that from? 

Oh noes! He drove fast and smoked pot! He's a CRIMINAL! Thank the good lord I'm so much better than him! 

Even on JN??:P

Young and ******* up is fine. Young and ******* up with guns and weed is maybe OK too. Young and ******* up with guns and weed and kids is not fine but forgivable if you play for a sports team I root for. Young and ******* up with weed and guns and kids and a high speed chase and THEN thinking that the team you play for isn't going to find out about it is a level of stupidity that I don't think is fixable.

I think young and dumb is kind of an undersell but that's not really the point. People are who they are. They don't up and get trustworthy out of nowhere. It doesn't matter that he's great and it doesn't matter that it wasn't 'malicious' which I assume you understand to mean simply that he didn't set out to intentionally hurt anybody. He has exactly zero screwups left. Is anybody really buying here?

Young and ******* up is fine. Young and ******* up with guns and weed is maybe OK too. Young and ******* up with guns and weed and kids is not fine but forgivable if you play for a sports team I root for. Young and ******* up with weed and guns and kids and a high speed chase and THEN thinking that the team you play for isn't going to find out about it is a level of stupidity that I don't think is fixable.

So what do you do with him, then? Cut him? Trade him at the bottom of his value? 

Not denying what he did was stupid. But he's such a great football player that I'm going to give him more chances than I would some scrub. It's not a great situation, but it is what it is. I'm certainly hoping that he's genuinely embarrassed and regretful enough to learn from this and make better decisions in the future. 

I think young and dumb is kind of an undersell but that's not really the point. People are who they are. They don't up and get trustworthy out of nowhere. It doesn't matter that he's great and it doesn't matter that it wasn't 'malicious' which I assume you understand to mean simply that he didn't set out to intentionally hurt anybody. He has exactly zero screwups left. Is anybody really buying here?

Yes, I used the word malicious because I know what it means. Thanks for clearing it up for everyone else, though. 

And yes, he's running out of chances. Is his next weed violation a year yet? I forget the new rules. But even then, what do you do with a player of his caliber? Cut him? Trade him for peanuts? I probably sign him to a Greg Hardy type deal where he only gets paid if he's available to play. And advise BP to have his kids idolize the Eagles third string QB if they need to have an athlete as a role model. It sure as hell ain't gonna be Sheldon. 

All we can do is hope this idiot realizes he's putting a possible multi million dollar contract some time in the next 3 years in jeopardy. Of course if he does not realize this he's a moron and will destroy his career like we have seen so many others do. I hope he straightens out his ******* act. 

So what do you do with him, then? Cut him? Trade him at the bottom of his value? 

Not denying what he did was stupid. But he's such a great football player that I'm going to give him more chances than I would some scrub. It's not a great situation, but it is what it is. I'm certainly hoping that he's genuinely embarrassed and regretful enough to learn from this and make better decisions in the future.

I'm not sure. Probably just let him play out his deal and that's that.

However I can not agree with framing this as a young guy making a mistake. The chase was a mistake, sure. But conscientiously hiding it from the organization is a whole other level of personality that can't be excused, and I am not sure that getting older does anything for a guy like that.

However I can not agree with framing this as a young guy making a mistake. The chase was a mistake, sure. But conscientiously hiding it from the organization is a whole other level of personality that can't be excused, and I am not sure that getting older does anything for a guy like that.

the only thing these types fear is loss of money.  the only way to get through to this moron is a fine and lost game checks.  I think bowles has been benching him for the first quarter of the PS games.  big deal.  if the NFL doesn't suspend him they have to add a game to his 4 game suspension to show the team if you screw up you lose money

I know jimmy johnson and parcells famously had different rules for star players, but this guy has child like issues that have to be fixed

He stupidly tried to get away with something, and failed. He's getting suspended, and that suspension may be increased. Bowles had him running with the second team. His next payday is in genuine jeopardy. I do think it's possible that he learns from these very public consequences. 

He's too good to let walk or trade for a fourth rounder. I'd rather take my chances that he can stay on the field. 

the only thing these types fear is loss of money.  the only way to get through to this moron is a fine and lost game checks.  I think bowles has been benching him for the first quarter of the PS games.  big deal.  if the NFL doesn't suspend him they have to add a game to his 4 game suspension to show the team if you screw up you lose money

I know jimmy johnson and parcells famously had different rules for star players, but this guy has child like issues that have to be fixed

Sheldon doesn't need 1st team reps Williams and others that will play during Sheldon's suspension do.. 

I just know you're arguing on the side of putting a child's life in danger...you fight that battle.  You're okay with him almost killing a child.  Glad that's cool for you.  Like Michael Jackson hanging his children off hotel balconies..."hey, he plays for the jets so it's so cool he hangs kids off balconies."  Get the f out of here with that dip Sh!t loser talk.

he is a degenerate for doing what he did.  He should have serious child endangerment concerns raining down on him from any sane person. 

he makes Geno look like the most mature person who ever existed.

nobody is fighting that battle. I just find it funny how the legal loaded gun keeps being sensationalized by the likes of people like you. stick to what is right or wrong. like the fact that he was eluding police with a minor in the car.not the fact that that he was in possession of a legal firearm. sounds like the media has done its job with you,

Unbelievable... The fans that will defend the behavior or a person with Guns, a kid, running the police.

Yes he can tackle.  he's a hero. PLEASE look at why you accept such a piece of shlt as a role model. 

Mommy my or Daddy issues?????

Please go thru the five pages of this thread and find a single post referring to Richardson as a hero or a role model, because somehow I missed it. 

Unbelievable... The fans that will defend the behavior or a person with Guns, a kid, running the police.

Yes he can tackle.   he's a hero. PLEASE look at why you accept such a piece of shlt as a role model. 

Mommy my or Daddy issues?????

no offense, but this really is a strawman argument. some want him tar & feathered. me, I will let the courts and the nfl hand down his punishment. be it severe or not, I will accept it either way. do the crime, pay the time. yes, I thought there would be some child endangerment charges, but there is not. not much anybody could do about that. I still find it funny how some still feel the need to use the loaded gun as an argument for criminal activity. he might as well had a fishing knife under his seat

Archived