new Falcons stadium

jbt

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we got a big tin can and all these other teams are getting beautiful new Stadiums.  I love how Minnesota's stadium looks.

and Atl just got a new Stadium in 1992.  just ridiculous how the Falcons and Braves are already getting new Stadiums in an area that doesn't care about pro sports and we are stuck w/ the tin can.

I think a lot of the reason we have a tin can is because of the construction unions in NY and the fact if they made a groundbreaking stadium the cost would have been completely prohibiitive. That said it is the dullest design ever, I think the Maras wanted it that way though, they just wanted a bigger version of what they had.

The proposed East Side Stadium would have been awesome.  Too bad the politicos put the kibash on it.  

you mean West Side but I agree.  we'd have had the SB every few years, final fours, etc... and had a great Stadium w/ an amazing background.

And yet guys like Christie, Cuomo, Silver, Booker, Bloomberg, De Blasio, et al keep getting elected, re-elected, or voted into even higher offices. And everything from your taxes to the sweetheart union deals get even bigger. 

I know, I know, no politics. Sorry, but this IS the only answer, whether it's polite conversation or not.

You/we only have (y)ourselves to blame.

I commuted to ny to watch the Jets at Shea for 6 years and it didn't bother me. First two years the bus to the subway to Shea. Last 4 years driving to Shea. But once they moved to the meadowlands it was so much of a nicer commute just 45 minutes. I don't think I could ever go back to the other way. And Jet fans from LI must have hated the move. Their commute must suck now.

i went to arrowhead last year and it was just like the old giants stadium with no mezzanine. What a pleasure to get in and out of compared to that piece of sh*t met life

I commuted to ny to watch the Jets at Shea for 6 years and it didn't bother me. First two years the bus to the subway to Shea. Last 4 years driving to Shea. But once they moved to the meadowlands it was so much of a nicer commute just 45 minutes. I don't think I could ever go back to the other way. And Jet fans from LI must have hated the move. Their commute must suck now.

i went to arrowhead last year and it was just like the old giants stadium with no mezzanine. What a pleasure to get in and out of compared to that piece of sh*t met life

I think our old stadium was done by the same architects that made Arrowhead and they modeled it after it.

I saw this yesterday.  I still can't believe we had a chance for our very own state of the art stadium on the West side of Manhattan and that piece of sh*t Sheldon Silver shot us down..  

I did cartwheels when I heard this prick finally got arrested. Dude was Frank White

The proposed East Side Stadium would have been awesome.  Too bad the politicos put the kibash on it.

.West%20Side%20Stadium%20-%20Jets%20Forum

Here we go again.

The West Side Stadium had no upper deck, would have held 15,000 fewer fans than Giants Stadium, would have had no parking, would have had zero tailgating.  And with the tax hit, the lack of a partner to absorb half the 355 days a year it was empty, and MSG being better suited for out-of-season events, the team would be bleeding tens of millions of dollars each year instead of being #1 in attendance in the AFC and #4 overall in the entire NFL.

We are a healthy and competitive NFL franchise because the WSS was never built.  Knuckleheads.

SAR I

we got a big tin can and all these other teams are getting beautiful new Stadiums.  I love how Minnesota's stadium looks.

and Atl just got a new Stadium in 1992.  just ridiculous how the Falcons and Braves are already getting new Stadiums in an area that doesn't care about pro sports and we are stuck w/ the tin can.

"Beautiful new stadiums" as defined by whining Jets fans somehow all share the following features:

1. A dome.

2. A big window.

3. No upper deck endzone seating.

Having been to most of these "beautiful new stadiums" let me inform you that a dome eliminates a major homefield advantage, the big window sits atop a distracting food court, and the lack of endzone seating reduces 15,000+ home fans from attending and making noise.  For every 1 whiner who wants one of these 'pretty' small market stadiums there would be 100 complaining about high ticket prices and lack of available seats and losses to warm weather teams in a blizzard.  Knuckleheads.

SAR I

Lol. The decorative rust was an odd design choice. 

I drove by there many times while it was under construction.  I just assumed at some point that some type of siding would be placed over it.  I was shocked when it opened up lol.   It is supposed to represent the brownstone apartment building look of Brooklyn but but it no way does that.

.West%20Side%20Stadium%20-%20Jets%20Forum

Here we go again.

The West Side Stadium had no upper deck, would have held 15,000 fewer fans than Giants Stadium, would have had no parking, would have had zero tailgating.  And with the tax hit, the lack of a partner to absorb half the 355 days a year it was empty, and MSG being better suited for out-of-season events, the team would be bleeding tens of millions of dollars each year instead of being #1 in attendance in the AFC and #4 overall in the entire NFL.

We are a healthy and competitive NFL franchise because the WSS was never built.  Knuckleheads.

SAR I

What partner do the Jets have to absorb half of 355 days? Are you referring to the Giants and mistyped?

BTW, NYCFC would have been there most likely.

I think a lot of the reason we have a tin can is because of the construction unions in NY and the fact if they made a groundbreaking stadium the cost would have been completely prohibiitive. That said it is the dullest design ever, I think the Maras wanted it that way though, they just wanted a bigger version of what they had.

28513_12_0_0_560_w_0.jpg

Another fallacy.  "Blame the Giants!"

Let me remind you that MetLife took its design cues from the Jets proposal renderings of the West Side Stadium which had aluminum louvers just like what we have now.  Oh, but that was in Manhattan.  Oh, but that was the Jets "own" building.  So it's oh, so much better than what we have now. 

Knuckleheads.

SAR I

What partner do the Jets have to absorb half of 355 days? Are you referring to the Giants and mistyped?

The fundamental problem with NFL stadiums is that they only host 10 games a year.  They mint money on those days.  No one would complain.

But on the astounding 355 days a year they sit there empty as the world's largest chip 'n dip, that's a problem.  You pay taxes, you pay for real estate, you pay for maintenance, you pay for staffing, you need something to offset those hundreds of days where you are taking losses and aren't generating revenue.

The Jets have the Giants to eat half our losses.  That's critical in a market saturated with stadiums and with too few concerts and events to spread around.  This isn't Minnesota.  We have 4 arenas and 3 stadiums; having a 4th stadium and an 8th venue to compete for the Taylor Swift concert would be insanity, financial suicide.

SAR I

But we have a simple, bland design, awesome PSL's and safe parking for SAR I's 2001 5-series what more could you want?

100609713.jpg

It looks like a skyscraper which is more emblematic of New York than a damn brick wall is to Indianapolis.

It's a sophisticated design which requires a sophisticated taste level; it's no surprise many Jets fans don't like it.

SAR I

I think our old stadium was done by the same architects that made Arrowhead and they modeled it after it.

yeah exact same spirals and build almost. But the funny thing was to see the look on the Chiefs fans faces when I told some of them how sh*tty our "new stadium" was that cost an unprecedented TWO TEAM PSL!!!!

The fundamental problem with NFL stadiums is that they only host 10 games a year.  They mint money on those days.  No one would complain.

But on the astounding 355 days a year they sit there empty as the world's largest chip 'n dip, that's a problem.  You pay taxes, you pay for real estate, you pay for maintenance, you pay for staffing, you need something to offset those hundreds of days where you are taking losses and aren't generating revenue.

The Jets have the Giants to eat half our losses.  That's critical in a market saturated with stadiums and with too few concerts and events to spread around.  This isn't Minnesota.  We have 4 arenas and 3 stadiums; having a 4th stadium and an 8th venue to compete for the Taylor Swift concert would be insanity, financial suicide.

SAR I

Theres no reason except for a sh*t economy and maybe poor management, that MetLife doesn't have a ton of summer concerts. Outdoor, 80k capacity stadiums don't get to use 20k arenas as an excuse to not have concerts, come on. A lot of these places, or their predecessors, were around when Giant's Stadium was.

All the studies that have come out about how much bullsh*t and waste come with new stadiums since then, and people are still hung up on having two football stadiums in NY. Bizarre.

The Jets went from dead-last to #1 in attendance and revenue in the AFC just by building a stadium with the same team they'd been sharing with since 1984.

The color of a plastic seat never won an NFL game, but money towards the cap, money towards the coaching staff, money towards training facilities, they certainly do.  You like Revis?  You like Cromartie?  You like Marshall?  We wouldn't have any of them if we had a small solo stadium on the West Side of Manhattan.

SAR I

100609713.jpg

It looks like a skyscraper which is more emblematic of New York than a damn brick wall is to Indianapolis.

It's a sophisticated design which requires a sophisticated taste level; it's no surprise many Jets fans don't like it.

SAR I

I have a theory that you're a paper pusher at Skanska.  Gotta be it.  They're the ones that pay your middling salary and put fuel in your 2001 5-series and your over-inflated sense of self worth.

Archived