Steelers Bryant suspension coming- pats get a break

faba

Steelers WR Bryant faces 4-game ban

8m

Martavis Bryant is facing 4-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. His suspension is under appeal. Bryant caught 8 TD passes last season.

Steelers WR Bryant faces 4-game ban

8m

Martavis Bryant is facing 4-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter. His suspension is under appeal. Bryant caught 8 TD passes last season.

Does this mean its his 4th violation? Like 4th failed test - I thought i read that here when we first heard about sheldon, that a 4 game ban comes after 4 filled tests?  

If true wow.  This guy was a rookie last year - he's failed 4 tests already?  that seems a bit ridiculous.

Does this mean its his 4th violation? Like 4th failed test - I thought i read that here when we first heard about sheldon, that a 4 game ban comes after 4 filled tests?  

If true wow.  This guy was a rookie last year - he's failed 4 tests already?  that seems a bit ridiculous.

Yes if my memory is correct - these guys just do not learn throw away the talent they have

I read an article on ESPN about him eating a steak after every workout, sometimes 2, in attempt to bulk up this offseason.  Maybe that was a clever cover for the fact that he was just really stoned and had the munchies?  

Or you're going to tell me it was performance enhancing and my little theory is stupid. 

I read an article on ESPN about him eating a steak after every workout, sometimes 2, in attempt to bulk up this offseason.  Maybe that was a clever cover for the fact that he was just really stoned and had the munchies?  

Or you're going to tell me it was performance enhancing and my little theory is stupid. 

I liked this. It made me smile and for that I will be forever grateful.

Seems every year the Pats get a break with injuries or suspensions at just the right time for the opposition.

Only this year I still have to give the edge to the Steelers if Brady is in fact suspended but even without Brady, the Steelers without Bell, Bryant, and Pouncey sure as hell evens the Brady loss a bit. But the Pats WRs are really banged up too. That little sh*t Edelman is the wild card, if he has SEASON LONG issues that will really deflate the Pats 3rd down conversion rate, with Gronk getting constantly doubled with over the top help.

2nd fail is 4 games (See Sheldon). 3rd fail is 1 year (See Gordon)

That little sh*t Edelman is the wild card, if he has SEASON LONG issues that will really deflate the Pats 3rd down conversion rate.

People said the same thing about Welker when he left.  People will say the same about Edelman if he misses time.  After Amendola catches 90+ balls with Edelman out, people will say the same thing after Amendola leaves.  When Chris Harper catches 90+ balls after Amendola leaves, people will say the same thing about Chris Harper.  You get the point.  Edelman is a very nice, tough, player, but Patriots slot WR may be the single most fungible position in the entire NFL. 

People said the same thing about Welker when he left.  People will say the same about Edelman if he misses time.  After Amendola catches 90+ balls with Edelman out, people will say the same thing after Amendola leaves.  When Chris Harper catches 90+ balls after Amendola leaves, people will say the same thing about Chris Harper.  You get the point.  Edelman is a very nice, tough, player, but Patriots slot WR may be the single most fungible position in the entire NFL. 

people will never get that it's all about the QB in NE.  he could have you and I as his starting WRs and win the East.

True, but Welker was clearly the best in that role, then Edelman was another tier down.  Amendola can't stay healthy otherwise he'd be on Edelman's level.  I imagine a "Plan C" guy wouldn't be quite as effective.  Not every WR who works with Brady ends up getting his favor.  Dobson, for instance, looked completely lost out there and pissed Brady off.  Other receivers have come and gone that did the same thing.

True, but Welker was clearly the best in that role, then Edelman was another tier down.  Amendola can't stay healthy otherwise he'd be on Edelman's level.  I imagine a "Plan C" guy wouldn't be quite as effective.  Not every WR who works with Brady ends up getting his favor.  Dobson, for instance, looked completely lost out there and pissed Brady off.  Other receivers have come and gone that did the same thing.

Fair points.  The WR's who crash and burn in NE (and there have been quite a few) tend to be outside guys, though. 

Archived