RGIII Out, Cousins In.

Jet9

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25284194/report-qb-kirk-cousins-to-start-regular-season-opener-over-rg3

The RGIII aploogists are out in full force on sports radio. The host on CBS sports right now simply cannot grasp the differences in NCAA and Pro football. He sounds like he plays too.much Madden. Sprinters (with a sprinter's body) don't make good QBs. He's literally advocating for running QBs. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kid has a world of talent, but if reports are true, and they certainly seem to be, he thinks he already made it and doesn't want to work to be the best. Can't win with that attitude. Maybe a change of scenery and reality check will do him good, but he's toast in washington. 

I feel bad for the Washington fans, sure we have had our share of QB busts but look at all the draft picks they gave up for RG3. I will feel even worse if he ends up being successful somewhere else. Might be a good fit for Chip and the Eagles or a decent backup in Seattle.

Redskins are the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL and really have been since Snyder bought the team.  The only time they had some semblance of a well run team was during the year of Martyball - and snyder fired schottenheimer rather than let him build the team.   

The RG3 saga is going to cost a 2nd HC his job this year.   

RG 3 for Geno, do you make the trade?

Tough call.  On the basis of talent exhibited so far, RGIII wins in a second.  But he gets injured a lot on the field.  Geno doesn't get injured at all on the field, only by his own teammates in the locker room.

RG 3 for Geno, do you make the trade?

Yes, straight up I'm making that trade. People always talk about flashes from Geno, RG3 at least flashed a season where he was arguably the best rookie qb in his draft class. We all know how that turned out, but who knows maybe getting traded might awaken something in him and help get back his past play.

Just the fact it's a reasonable question tells you how far RG3 has fallen.

Personally I don't think I would make it, I wanna see what Geno can do with some weapons and a solid offense to operate in as with a few years under his belt already.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Tough call.  On the basis of talent exhibited so far, RGIII wins in a second.  But he gets injured a lot on the field.  Geno doesn't get injured at all on the field, only by his own teammates in the locker room.

Agree on talent based on his rookie year, either the injury was career limiting or defenses figured him out, he has not been the same since his rookie year and if we are asking the question, I would think front offices are too (maybe Cleveland?), seems like he is done in Washington, just not sure New York is the place for RG3 to rebuild himself...

I actually think Geno will be a better QB in the long run. Geno runs smarter, and based on everything from training camp, he was playing really well. Well enough that he was probably getting a little cocky.

Geno seems to me to be very immature. The type of immaturity where if he has some success instead of being humble, he's more of a smug azz in a " 2nd round pick my azz" type of way. Sometimes people get humbled in different ways, getting your jaw broken & hearing the silence around you just might do it! I love the fact that Bowles said publically it was like 6th grade stuff. Geno just needs to grow the f*ck up & start acting like a grown azz man.

Redskins are the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL and really have been since Snyder bought the team.  The only time they had some semblance of a well run team was during the year of Martyball - and snyder fired schottenheimer rather than let him build the team.   

The RG3 saga is going to cost a 2nd HC his job this year.   

Gruden has this team in check it appears.   A WEAK coach would be forced to play RG3.   Snyder may finally realize he is the problem. 

I would take RGIII the player in a heartbeat, because what we need is a franchise QB.  We don't have one right now, and our best bet is to draft one.  But if we can get someone as talented as RGIII on the cheap (ala not first round picks), I would do it, because anyone we may find in the second round next year, doesn't have nearly as much potential as this guy.  Could he blow up? Absolutely.  But sometimes you just have to take risks.  

However, the concerning thing with him, is the contract.  Geno Smith on his contract isn't anything significant, so even if he fails, he doesn't cripple us financially on the cap.  However, to get RGIII, we're probably going to have to make some sacrifices for next year (might mean not resigning Mo) and I'm not sure how he'll fit in the cap here right now as well.  

While Fitzpatrick looked good yesterday, it wouldn't prompt me from looking over every stone to see if we can find a franchise QB.   

I would take RGIII the player in a heartbeat, because what we need is a franchise QB.  We don't have one right now, and our best bet is to draft one.  But if we can get someone as talented as RGIII on the cheap (ala not first round picks), I would do it, because anyone we may find in the second round next year, doesn't have nearly as much potential as this guy.  Could he blow up? Absolutely.  But sometimes you just have to take risks.  

However, the concerning thing with him, is the contract.  Geno Smith on his contract isn't anything significant, so even if he fails, he doesn't cripple us financially on the cap.  However, to get RGIII, we're probably going to have to make some sacrifices for next year (might mean not resigning Mo) and I'm not sure how he'll fit in the cap here right now as well.  

While Fitzpatrick looked good yesterday, it wouldn't prompt me from looking over every stone to see if we can find a franchise QB.   

RG3's talent is overrated...no feel for the pocket or position imo. 

RG3's talent is overrated...no feel for the pocket or position imo. 

I think the talent is there, but he's horrible at reading passes.  However, even in his bad seasons, his QB rating comes out to about 82, disregarding his rookie year.  That's on par with the Favre and 2006 Pennington seasons.  It's not great, but it's also not Sanchez/Geno level bad.  

I think much like Geno, he needs a different system, a more open spread system, and Shannahan/Gruden didn't change their systems as much to fit him.  The X factor ofcourse is the diva factor, because two different coaching staffs seems to have problems with him, and he thinks he's a big star before really accomplishing much.  But for a non first round pick, I think the upside is still good.  

I don't think he's the generational talent he was made out to be coming out of college and after his first year though.  He also played with probably one of the most talented WR groups I've seen in college football for some time in retrospect.  However, I do think he has the talent to be a good QB in the league, and we could use that going forward.

I agree with everything you said. I think RG3 might actually flourish in Gailey's system, but there is no way I want the Jets picking up his 16 million dollar contract. 

Geno,has a,crap work ethic and no watch.  I'll take rg3 as petty backup next year

Geno has enough issues, why do you have to make stuff up about his work ethic.  From every report he works hard, studies hard.  Never get this 

I would take a look at bringing in RG3 to back up Fitzpatrick

no he sucks.  The knee injury isn't the only reason he's been horrible last two years defenses have figured him out.  RG3 is a one read qb whose only effective running read option and if your defense is disciplined and players stay in their lanes he's done.

RG3 stinks.

no he sucks.  The knee injury isn't the only reason he's been horrible last two years defenses have figured him out.  RG3 is a one read qb whose only effective running read option and if your defense is disciplined and players stay in their lanes he's done.

RG3 stinks.

he sucks because Gruden insists that RGIII run his offense instead of an offense that suits his talents.   He didn't suck with Shanahan running the right offense built around his talents.  

Yes, straight up I'm making that trade. People always talk about flashes from Geno, RG3 at least flashed a season where he was arguably the best rookie qb in his draft class. We all know how that turned out, but who knows maybe getting traded might awaken something in him and help get back his past play.

RG3 is a coach killer.   He brings a circus with him, his teammates don't seem to like him, and doesn't buy in to the team concept.   Why a team would trade for this prima dona is beyond me.   

actually, now that I think about it I could definitely see him in Buffalo next year.   

he sucks because Gruden insists that RGIII run his offense instead of an offense that suits his talents.   He didn't suck with Shanahan running the right offense built around his talents.  

really?  I remember RG3 getting Shanahan fired but hey

RG3 is a coach killer.   He brings a circus with him, his teammates don't seem to like him, and doesn't buy in to the team concept.   Why a team would trade for this prima dona is beyond me.   

actually, now that I think about it I could definitely see him in Buffalo next year.   

RG3 is a glorified Geno at this point.  

Archived