RGIII Out, Cousins In.

Jet9

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno has enough issues, why do you have to make stuff up about his work ethic.  From every report he works hard, studies hard.  Never get this 

Exactly. It has even been reported that he can actually work too hard at times. Geno's issue is not intelligence or work ethic or talent but immaturity a shyness which he over compensates for and creates a subtle type of arrogance. Similar to Braylon actually. It is a personality type that a lot of people hate. And it was not a good match for Rex, which really hurt his development.

If true still has nothing to do with Shanahan used him right and Gruden wants him to adapt to his system won't adapt the system to RGIIIs strengths.  

Shanahan DID use RHIII right, but the problem is that the NFL figured out how to defend the read option pass and all it's variants and it is the reason that he (and Kap too) are now struggling.

Geno,has a,crap work ethic and no watch.  I'll take rg3 as petty backup next year

That is straight bullsh*t. You can hate Geno for a lot of things but please don't make up sh*t.  There has never been an issue with his work ethic and don't know where this stuff comes from.   RGIII is a injury waiting to happen and the only reason he hasn't been cut is because they gave up 3 #1 picks for him.   He flat out sucks.  As much as folks think Geno has no leadership, RGIII has displayed even less. 

Shanahan DID use RHIII right, but the problem is that the NFL figured out how to defend the read option pass and all it's variants and it is the reason that he (and Kap too) are now struggling.

in year 2 after his injury he didn't run any read option.  In year one he ran it 10-15% of the time.  Kaep is struggling because the team was gutted.  The Eagles and Seattle have no problems running the read option.  

Griffin is a perfect example on how QB's can't be judged on a
short term basis.  Because after his rookie year EVERYONE was 
proclaiming him to be the next big thing.  How did that turn
out???  In addition it seems like Griffin let the adulation go
to his head and didn't work as hard as he should.  I've never
seen a QB become so disliked by two coaching staffs so quick

agree, he was his own worst enemy.  That said there is talent there and it might not be too late to salvage his career.  Definitely needs a change of atmosphere

I remember people screaming about him being better than Luck in 2012.  It was really ridiculous.  Strict read option qb's don't last in the nfl they get by on sheer athleticism for a little bit and then Defensive Coordinators and players watch enough tape and get to know their tendencies and it's all over.  Tebow, RG3, next up is Mariota - these guys are all hype and might squeeze out an 8 or 9 win season and then 2-3 years later they're lucky if they're even in the NFL.

The only qb who runs a lot of read option who is actually good is Russell Wilson. Want to know his secret?  He can actually read a NFL defense.

I remember people screaming about him being better than Luck in 2012.  It was really ridiculous.  Strict read option qb's don't last in the nfl they get by on sheer athleticism for a little bit and then Defensive Coordinators and players watch enough tape and get to know their tendencies and it's all over.  Tebow, RG3, next up is Mariota - these guys are all hype and might squeeze out an 8 or 9 win season and then 2-3 years later they're lucky if they're even in the NFL.

The only qb who runs a lot of read option who is actually good is Russell Wilson. Want to know his secret?  He can actually read a NFL defense.

Yup. Wilson knows when to run and when to throw it away. 

That and the fact he has a top rated defense, good oline and great running back.  Wilson is good but I see a drop off if the time comes when the hawks have to rely on him to carry the load more than he has.

he ran the read option less than 15% of the time.  Mariota has run it less in Tenn. Wilson and the Eagles use it more often.  

Oh God not this again.

Yup that again.  As Jets fans we should know this better than anyone.  The people taking Sanchez to task his 1st two years were but a whisper in the wind.  The people taking Rex to task the 1st two years were but a whisper in the wind.

Anyone that does not acknowledge having the best D in the league and a great horse of a back makes a QB's life much easier has their head in the sand.

Yup that again.  As Jets fans we should know this better than anyone.  The people taking Sanchez to task his 1st two years were but a whisper in the wind.  The people taking Rex to task the 1st two years were but a whisper in the wind.

Anyone that does not acknowledge having the best D in the league and a great horse of a back makes a QB's life much easier has their head in the sand.

Dude, Wilson and Sanchez aren't even in the same universe as players.

uggh, the Tebow argument all over again.  

Ugh, not the Tebow argument.  RGIII actually has talent and can throw tve ball.  Anyone who knows football knows Gruden is asking him to adapt to his system.  Tebow just sucks

The kid has a world of talent, but if reports are true, and they certainly seem to be, he thinks he already made it and doesn't want to work to be the best. Can't win with that attitude. Maybe a change of scenery and reality check will do him good, but he's toast in washington. 

He came out of college as a brand already. I don't think he works nearly hard enough to be a top flight starter. Holds the ball too long, uses his legs too much, with little results. Cut him and move on from the inevitable annoying questions every time Cousins has a bad game. I know the dollars are hard to swallow, but you are the ones who overpaid him.

RG3 has completed 64 % of his throws in his career, and for 7.6 yards/attempt (higher average than Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Cam Newton, Jay Cutler, Joe Flacco and Andy Dalton in their careers).

Tebow has completed 48 % of his throws for 6.7 ypa.

Not even close.

I Agree. 

While RGIII is clearly better than Tebow, it's the whole 'If he only played in the right system...' argument. 

As opposed to 'Hey, maybe he's just not that good'. 

The kid has a world of talent, but if reports are true, and they certainly seem to be, he thinks he already made it and doesn't want to work to be the best. Can't win with that attitude. Maybe a change of scenery and reality check will do him good, but he's toast in washington. 

I dunno, the signs were there that he was kind of a douchebag during the draft. I don't recall the specifics but I do remember a few convos about how he was saying some seriously dickish sh*t.

He does have a world of talent but he's not good at reading defenses, he has a terrible delivery, and he really needs a change of scenery. Trying to turn him into a drop back pocket passer has not worked and is not going to ever work.

I dunno, the signs were there that he was kind of a douchebag during the draft. I don't recall the specifics but I do remember a few convos about how he was saying some seriously dickish sh*t.

I think he was a bit over confident and said some smart ass sh*t but I would expect a QB as highly touted as him to have a touch of arrogance about him. It served him well year one but then went down hill real quick

almost thought you were describing REX. 

Actully its a very close comparison of Rex .... I remember early on In Rex's tenure some of us warned what all the bravado would be like once the honeymoon was over and the losses started piling up. Yep its damn close to a rexplanation ...Just made up a new word :P

Archived