Cuts around the NFL

joewilly12

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you watch the games?

the guy blows.

he gets little hang time, allows big returns, and kicks at least one ball a game off the side of his foot.

I watch the games and can do math.  If you shanked one per game, lost 10-15 yards per and still,averaged 46 per, you're booting the shlt out of the rest of your punts.  Or more likely as fans do, over exaggerating how often he shanks one.  

Of of course as pure fans we have no idea how many punts the guy who averages .4 per more than our guy has

hitting long, low line drives and allowing returns isn't what you want.  he was 12th in net, 22nd in putting ball inside 20 and 18th in PR yds.  Quigley was not good last year.

How often did the Jets offense drive within punting distance of the 20 yard line last year?

How often did the Jets offense drive within punting distance of the 20 yard line last year?

exactly what I was thinking.  All those 3 and outs have to limit the amount of times when anyone can get the ball inside the 20.

You also have to take the weather at ML and the NE when comparing a Jet to other punters.  Always remember Westy saying fans compare stats, I compare how our guy does vs the other guy on a weekly basis, how many times he wins the head to head comp.  that's all that counts.

Or they realized spending 2m in cap room for a vet backup on a non contending team made no sense. Worth kicking the tires

I think all Rex has learned is that when you have 4 sh*t QBs, you have none. But when you have 3 sh*t QBs, you're going to meet the president.

Archived