Cuts around the NFL

joewilly12

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we're stacked at RB as it is, but I'd love to grab Mostert off the Eagles. They just cut him and the guy was making plays every time I turned on an Eagles game. He's great on specials and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Had the most yards from scrimmage in the league during the preseason.

Dolphins released QB Josh Freeman.

Freeman was previously released in July before being re-signed four days later. The former first-rounder's downward spiral continued unabated this summer, as he completed just 23-of-48 preseason passes (47.9 percent). It's been a bizarre career for the now 27-year-old quarterback. Freeman might not get another chance.

I know we're stacked at RB as it is, but I'd love to grab Mostert off the Eagles. They just cut him and the guy was making plays every time I turned on an Eagles game. He's great on specials and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Had the most yards from scrimmage in the league during the preseason.

They will regret cutting him when Murray and Matthews are both injured midway through the season

No way in hell after that video let him go flip burgers somewhere.

Why?  The Giants are a classy organization and it shows the type of stand up character Weatherford is.  Take off the blue blinders dude.  I don't even know why Jets fans hate Giants, not even in the same conference.  Typical persecution and jealousy complex like Met fans.

Why?  The Giants are a classy organization and it shows the type of stand up character Weatherford is.  Take off the blue blinders dude.  I don't even know why Jets fans hate Giants, not even in the same conference.  Typical persecution and jealousy complex like Met fans.

I don't dislike the Giants, I don't like their bandwagon fans (or bandwagon fans for any team for that matter)

I dont hate the Giants I hate kiss ass NFL players who make videos like he did he will always be a Giant then go sell popcorn at Giants games or wash sweaty jocks there.

I dont hate the Giants I hate kiss ass NFL players who make videos like he did he will always be a Giant then go sell popcorn at Giants games or wash sweaty jocks there.

Jeez the fact that you have that avatar and name I figured you were an adult but you constantly come off like a 12 year old.

you mean like when Weatherford badmouthed the Jets for letting him go?  

you mean like when Weatherford badmouthed the Jets for letting him go?  

He didn't bad mouth the Jets org.  He didn't even really bad mouth Westhoff.  Him and Westhoff didn't get along at all.  And imo he was right, Westhoff was the ahole who told weatherford he wasn't good enough.  Weatherford gets released and makes a run to the Superbowl and has a very strong performance in the big game basically giving the proverbial middle finger to Westhoff and proving him wrong.  Now thats Westhoffs style and its not for everyone, if you haven't seen the movie Whiplash, I highly recommend it!  It brings great debate on the approach to greatness.

Link to original Weatherford story

"I think a lot of (my improvement) has to do with playing for Tom Quinn and being comfortable and being confident and being strong," Weatherford said of the Giants' special-teams coordinator,according to Newsday. "Playing for the Jets and playing for that positional coach was draining, difficult and physically taxing."

EDIT: anyway to turn off the profanity filters?

He didn't bad mouth the Jets org.  He didn't even really bad mouth Westhoff.  Him and Westhoff didn't get along at all.  And imo he was right, Westhoff was the ahole who told weatherford he wasn't good enough.  Weatherford gets released and makes a run to the Superbowl and has a very strong performance in the big game basically giving the proverbial middle finger to Westhoff and proving him wrong.  Now thats Westhoffs style and its not for everyone, if you haven't seen the movie Whiplash, I highly recommend it!  It brings great debate on the approach to greatness.

Link to original Weatherford story

EDIT: anyway to turn off the profanity filters?

he did bad mouth them.  He didn't bad mouth Westy, that's true.  He proved no one wrong.  He was bad his last two years here, punted at a 42 per clip.  He deserved to be cut, people want to make it out to be a mistake.  But off his last couple of seasons he wasn't good. 

And youre right, Whiplash was a great movie, thought it was better than Birdman 

he did bad mouth them.  He didn't bad mouth Westy, that's true.  He proved no one wrong.  He was bad his last two years here, punted at a 42 per clip.  He deserved to be cut, people want to make it out to be a mistake.  But off his last couple of seasons he wasn't good. 

And youre right, Whiplash was a great movie, thought it was better than Birdman 

I have a direct quote above from Weatherford.  I don't consider that bad mouthing the org.  I see that as someone who didn't agree or mesh with the style of coaching and wanted a change.

And after looking more closely at Weatherford and Quigley, I might be inclined to just roll with Quigley and give the benefit of the doubt that our new ST coach will get more out of him.  Quigs has a lot of really nice measurables over the last couple years, just need consistency.  I was always infatuated with the coffin corner kick and know Weatherford was awesome at them, but going back and looking some things up, I forgot Weatherford was terrible at hang time, he would literally get no air on a lot of his punts allowing punt returners ample opportunity at additional yards after the catch.  Thanks for forcing me to take a deeper look and remember what I disliked about Weatherford when he was kicking for us :)

I have a direct quote above from Weatherford.  I don't consider that bad mouthing the org.  I see that as someone who didn't agree or mesh with the style of coaching and wanted a change.

And after looking more closely at Weatherford and Quigley, I might be inclined to just roll with Quigley and give the benefit of the doubt that our new ST coach will get more out of him.  Quigs has a lot of really nice measurables over the last couple years, just need consistency.  I was always infatuated with the coffin corner kick and know Weatherford was awesome at them, but going back and looking some things up, I forgot Weatherford was terrible at hang time, he would literally get no air on a lot of his punts allowing punt returners ample opportunity at additional yards after the catch.  Thanks for forcing me to take a deeper look and remember what I disliked about Weatherford when he was kicking for us :)

I don't think those were his only words on the subject.  He made a few remarks.  I'm not even saying I blame him.  Only point was the way his nice comments today don't make him a saint his remarks back then didn't make him a shlt. 

Quigleys young witha it ha good leg.  I just get a kick out of fans who are ready to dump -almost 46 per for 42 plus.  

I don't think those were his only words on the subject.  He made a few remarks.  I'm not even saying I blame him.  Only point was the way his nice comments today don't make him a saint his remarks back then didn't make him a shlt. 

Quigleys young witha it ha good leg.  I just get a kick out of fans who are ready to dump -almost 46 per for 42 plus.  

Human condition.  We remember more bad than good with basic recollection.  We focus so much on the negatives sometimes you need to step back and refocus on the positive.  Thanks for bringing me back into the light!  I still want more damn consistency from Quigs though and no more 20 yd shanks at pivotal points in a game.

Human condition.  We remember more bad than good with basic recollection.  We focus so much on the negatives sometimes you need to step back and refocus on the positive.  Thanks for bringing me back into the light!  I still want more damn consistency from Quigs though and no more 20 yd shanks at pivotal points in a game.

We all do.  

Archived