Cuts around the NFL

joewilly12

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that anyone picked up before the first game has their salary guaranteed for the 

full year.  So we may not look at some of the big names until after the CLE game.  So

Quigley has one game to prove something until we look at Fields or Weatherford.  And

Dockett would be interesting to pick up for the length of Richardson's suspension as a

disruptive DE

JennaLaineBucs
‏@JennaLaineBucs
Brandon Dixon, Khaseem Greene, Chris Hackett, Tavarres King, Seth Lobato, Patrick Murray (injured), Patrick Omameh waived by Bucs...

Brandon Dixon was a member of the Idzik 12

Khaseem Greene is interesting. Thought he would be a really good player. Cut by two teams now..

I don't see Mac bringing any old vets in here like Dockett unless we had injuries. This team needs to bring in young hungry players & let this awesome coaching staff coach them up.

There are always diamonds in the rough in late draft picks & UDFAs, Arian Foster, Bart Scott, Wayne Chrebet, James Harrison. The days of the NY Jets not upgrading the bottom of the roster with Mac here are OVER. Plus we now have the coaching staff able to evaluate talent (unlike Rex, Morninweg, Lal), Dunbar was the best coach on that staff.

Woody is FINALLY going to get his moneys worth with Mac. You can tell this guy LOVES HIS JOB, takes it very seriously & drinks enough caffeine to get him through his long days.

JennaLaineBucs
‏@JennaLaineBucs
Brandon Dixon, Khaseem Greene, Chris Hackett, Tavarres King, Seth Lobato, Patrick Murray (injured), Patrick Omameh waived by Bucs...

Brandon Dixon was a member of the Idzik 12

"The Idzick 12" - nice

James Jones cut - 74 receptions last year.

Wonder if he makes his way back to GB?

Pats cut Jonas Gray. I don't even know who their running back is at his point. Isn't Blount hurt?

Let me be the first to tell you that Pats fans believe there is no need of a RB.  The second coming of Jesus is back for game 1 to smite vengence down and break all passing and TD records.....   Or so they say.... :P  Can't wait to sweep them this year

If this team didn't have Tommy boy I doubt they make 8-8..

You're probably right.  I think 9 or 10 wins would be more likely, but keep in mind that I am one of the biggest Jimmy Garoppolo fan-boys in Eastern Massachusetts, so I am certainly biased on this point. 

Dion Lewis is no joke if (big if) he can stay healthy.  At Pitt, he looked like a better version of LeSean McCoy and had the likes of Tony Dorsett and Curtis Martin routinely sniffing his jock during his impressive freshman season.  Then years of injuries set in.  This preseason was the first time he has been healthy in years and he looked great.  Ugh . . . I sound like Raid 90120 right now.  But Dion Lewis really does look surprisingly good. 

You're probably right.  I think 9 or 10 wins would be more likely, but keep in mind that I am one of the biggest Jimmy Garoppolo fan-boys in Eastern Massachusetts, so I am certainly biased on this point. 

Dion Lewis is no joke if (big if) he can stay healthy.  At Pitt, he looked like a better version of LeSean McCoy and had the likes of Tony Dorsett and Curtis Martin routinely sniffing his jock during his impressive freshman season.  Then years of injuries set in.  This preseason was the first time he has been healthy in years and he looked great.  Ugh . . . I sound like Raid 90120 right now.  But Dion Lewis really does look surprisingly good. 

No surprise there..LOL

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  31s32 seconds ago
Bills released:

DT Red Bryant
QB Matt Cassel
C Dalton Freeman
S Jonathan Meeks
LB Kevin Reddick

Also they just announced EJ Manual is the backup.  They have cut Cassel.

Cassel will be signed by jets in a pump and dump move to get the scoop on Romans offense. lol

Pats cut Jonas Gray. I don't even know who their running back is at his point. Isn't Blount hurt?

Say what you want about BB but Gray had a huge game last year (I think on MNF) and then showed up late for a practice the next week.  He ended up in BB's doghouse the rest of the season, barely playing.  Now BB cuts him.  Credit to BB for truly weeding out players who don't "buy in".  That said, I'd be okay w/ the Jets signing him as maybe he'll want revenge on the Pats.

Say what you want about BB but Gray had a huge game last year (I think on MNF) and then showed up late for a practice the next week.  He ended up in BB's doghouse the rest of the season, barely playing.  Now BB cuts him.  Credit to BB for truly weeding out players who don't "buy in".  That said, I'd be okay w/ the Jets signing him as maybe he'll want revenge on the Pats.

Stacy is probably better than Gray. Neither are good but Jonas Gray doesn't move the needle really.

I don't see Mac bringing any old vets in here like Dockett unless we had injuries. This team needs to bring in young hungry players & let this awesome coaching staff coach them up.

There are always diamonds in the rough in late draft picks & UDFAs, Arian Foster, Bart Scott, Wayne Chrebet, James Harrison. The days of the NY Jets not upgrading the bottom of the roster with Mac here are OVER. Plus we now have the coaching staff able to evaluate talent (unlike Rex, Morninweg, Lal), Dunbar was the best coach on that staff.

Woody is FINALLY going to get his moneys worth with Mac. You can tell this guy LOVES HIS JOB, takes it very seriously & drinks enough caffeine to get him through his long days.

http://ohthiskid.com/thedailymeal/tumblr_mctalko.gif

GO GET 'EM, MAC!

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Reggie Wayne will not be a part of the Patriots' 53-man roster.

It's unclear if Wayne is being released or placed on injured reserve. Either way, it's an upset after Wayne received a $450,000 signing bonus just 11 days ago. It could be a sign the Pats are confident in Brandon LaFell's (foot) health, or simply an admission that Wayne has nothing left. Wayne was a shell of his former self for the Colts last season.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Reggie Wayne will not be a part of the Patriots' 53-man roster.

It's unclear if Wayne is being released or placed on injured reserve. Either way, it's an upset after Wayne received a $450,000 signing bonus just 11 days ago. It could be a sign the Pats are confident in Brandon LaFell's (foot) health, or simply an admission that Wayne has nothing left. Wayne was a shell of his former self for the Colts last season.

Yeah I thought it was odd they brought him in.  He really has fallen off a cliff.

More good news.

Carter would be worth a look

@RapSheet: WR Duron Carter and DL Josh Chapman were both among the surprises on the #Colts cut list.

Duron Carter being cut, when they had TY, Moncrief, Whalen, and signed Andre Johson and drafted Dorsett. It made him the 6th WR as it was, and so if he was getting out-played on special teams (assuming he was) he gets cut. No big shocker there.

Archived