Amaro to IR...done for the season

AFJF

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok as I said if it were the case I would have to revisit my position.  I guess idzik was trying to get what he thought was value i.e. good players that have history of injuries.  Bad moves.... I was wrong... You got it....

That's OK to do with maybe 1 guy in a draft class.  He took a handful in the same draft.  No bueno.....

if you're not going after blue choppers like Jimmy Graham and Julius Thomas mid-level free agents like Charles Clay, Anthony Fasano and Scott Chandler were readily available.

I'm sorry, but do you not remember the MONSTER contract Charles Clay signed with Buffalo?  There wasn't a snowball's chance in hell he was coming here and there is no scenario that I'd be ok with him being here for that number. 

John Idzik's 19 draft picks:

Dee Milliner:  Can't stay healthy, probable bust.
Sheldon Richardson:  Dominant force at DT, committed 4 crimes at once.
Calvin Pryor:  Can't tackle, probable bust.
Jace Amaro:  Can't stay healthy, probable bust.
Geno Smith:  Geno-ing.
CB Dexter McDougle:  Could be a player per Crusher.
G Brian Winters:  May well be on the roster bubble after Jets brought in about 27 new guards this offseason.
WR  Jalen Saunders:  On his 4th team.
WR Shaq Evans:  Either will be on PS or # 5/6 WR/KR/PR in 2015.
G Dakota Dozier:  Project lineman.
LB Jeremiah George:  Cut.
T Oday Aboushi:  Project lineman, jury's still out.
DB Brandon Dixon:  Cut.
WR Quincy Enunwa:  Either will be cut or will be the # 4/5 WR/KR/PR in 2015.
DE/LB IK Enemkpali:  Cut after punching Geno.
QB Tajh Boyd:  Cut.
OL William Campbell:  Cut
LB Trevor Reilly:  Decent backup.
FB Tommy Bohanon:  Blah.

#value

@tomshane

Nope.  He and Robinson are looking at breakout years after having solid rookie campaigns.

Nope.  He and Robinson are looking at breakout years after having solid rookie campaigns.

Helps that Adams is with Rodgers. Parker got hurt. Robinson will go as Bortles goes.

honestly the one that really stood out was Kelvin Benjamin and he got hurt

Too much hindsight on the FA TEs. 

Can you imagine the board if we had 3 potential starting TEs and had a gap somewhere else? 

'RAWRBLE GRAWBLE &#-$+!!!! WE SUCK AT CB!!! WE COULD HAVE SIGNED CRO!!! RAWRBLE GRAWBLE &#+#-%@!!!'

God the quoting sucks.

@Matt39 - I dont think its something that keeps you out for the year.  Especially considering this happened, what, 4 weeks ago?  And I know for a fact that a CB for the Gators played an entire season with a torn labrum.  

John Idzik's 18 draft picks:

G Brian Winters:  May well be on the roster bubble after Jets brought in about 27 new guards this offseason.
WR:  Jalen Saunders:  On his 4th team.
WR Quincy Enunwa:  Either will be cut or will be the # 4/5 WR/KR in 2015.

Too much hindsight on the FA TEs. 

Can you imagine the board if we had 3 potential starting TEs and had a gap somewhere else? 

'RAWRBLE GRAWBLE &#-$+!!!! WE SUCK AT CB!!! WE COULD HAVE SIGNED CRO!!! RAWRBLE GRAWBLE &#+#-%@!!!'

no we should have cut the piece of crap Cumby and replaced with a better player

Unless its a QB guys have done it....it sounds like Amaro didnt have much of a role this year. Weird set of circumstances tbh

Yeah I guess.  But I'm having a hard time believing any NFL TE could extend out for a catch with that injury.  Or have a DE push back on it as Amaro is blocking.  Oh wait, Amaro can't block.  

I'm sorry, but do you not remember the MONSTER contract Charles Clay signed with Buffalo?  There wasn't a snowball's chance in hell he was coming here and there is no scenario that I'd be ok with him being here for that number. 

People forget how bad that contract was because of the one they gave Shady.

John Idzik's 19 draft picks:

WR  Jalen Saunders:  On his 4th team.
WR Shaq Evans:  Either will be on PS or # 5/6 WR/KR/PR in 2015.
WR Quincy Enunwa:  Either will be cut or will be the # 4/5 WR/KR/PR in 2015.

I read this and my bowels immediately twisted.

Yeah I guess.  But I'm having a hard time believing any NFL TE could extend out for a catch with that injury.  Or have a DE push back on it as Amaro is blocking.  Oh wait, Amaro can't block.  

Kinda what I was thinking....he really doesnt block. IDK, not sure of the severity obviously...but they seemed sour on Amaro prior to him getting hurt anyway.

Weird thing about this is that I think there was a good chance he was going to get released on skill. For whatever reason he never seemed to be in the Jets plans, maybe because there is not a TE role and the HB plays a combined WR/moving TE/fullback role and Bohannon and Enunwa are just better at that. Unlike a lot of offense, receptions by a TE is not a key component of the Gailey offense and with our personnel will be even smaller than normal. I hated the Idzik draft at the time but man other than Sheldon and Bohannon(with TBDs for Enunwa and McDougle) that draft was a nightmare. We literally could have drafted better just using a draft guide.

Archived