Amaro to IR...done for the season

AFJF

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope enunwa realizes he's got a great chance to actually put up stats in this offense, since most of the focus will be on covering marshall and decker.  then when devin smith returns, it should really open up the running game.  i've said it before but i hope they use 2 back sets b/c powell is an asset in the passing game and he can block.

but his comments aren't stupid.

Amaro's?  No, they were spot on.  Buffalo's tubby new cuckold coach?  He sounds borderline "slow" whenever he opens his mouth.  Worry about your own team.   When you sit there a year removed from praising the sh*t out of the kid after you coached him, keep quiet.  It's amazing how quick I realized how easy it must have been to f*cking HATE us when he was here.  He just annointed Tyrod Taylor the starting QB for his team, he's should not be talking smack about anyone's players.

The patriots signed Scott Chandler even though they already have Gronk.  So much for the "we already had 2 starting TE's argument"

Patriots use tons of 2-TE sets and have Tom Brady.  Chan Gailey seems to prefer not to use a TE at all, has mush at QB and a surplus of talent at WR.

This would have hurt more if Geno was QB. Since Geno couldnt get through his 3-4 WR progressions Amaro would have been a nice safety valve. Fitz can read all progressions and therefore wont need a safety valve as much as Geno would. Dont get me wrong, it would have been nice for Fitz, but for Geno it was a must.

Unfortunate for Amaro, I can't imagine what it's like to train for months and then lose
a whole year on an injury no one saw.  Considering the multiple TE's Maccagnan was picking
up in camp they must've known this was a possibility.  Quincy Enunwa was very effective
operating in Amaro's role against the NYG last Saturday.  He was a very physical blocker
and with his size/speed he should cause mismatches against LB and S.  Let's see if he
can run with this opportunity

John Idzik's 19 draft picks:

Dee Milliner:  Can't stay healthy, probable bust.
Sheldon Richardson:  Dominant force at DT, committed 4 crimes at once.
Calvin Pryor:  Can't tackle, probable bust.
Jace Amaro:  Can't stay healthy, probable bust.
Geno Smith:  Geno-ing.
CB Dexter McDougle:  Could be a player per Crusher.
G Brian Winters:  May well be on the roster bubble after Jets brought in about 27 new guards this offseason.
WR  Jalen Saunders:  On his 4th team.
WR Shaq Evans:  Either will be on PS or # 5/6 WR/KR/PR in 2015.
G Dakota Dozier:  Project lineman.
LB Jeremiah George:  Cut.
T Oday Aboushi:  Project lineman, jury's still out.
DB Brandon Dixon:  Cut.
WR Quincy Enunwa:  Either will be cut or will be the # 4/5 WR/KR/PR in 2015.
DE/LB IK Enemkpali:  Cut after punching Geno.
QB Tajh Boyd:  Cut.
OL William Campbell:  Cut
LB Trevor Reilly:  Decent backup.
FB Tommy Bohanon:  Blah.

Sad and awesome all at the same time. 

This is mind-boggling. Statistically speaking it's almost impossible for even the most incompetent GM to have this many picks and have basically all of them wash out. You have to believe Idzik became GM by wishing on a monkey's paw or something. It's the only reasonable explanation.

This is mind-boggling. Statistically speaking it's almost impossible for even the most incompetent GM to have this many picks and have basically all of them wash out. You have to believe Idzik became GM by wishing on a monkey's paw or something. It's the only reasonable explanation.

But he was a wizard with the cap tho...

lol

He was hired by Woody Johnson (using non-football people as a guide) with a stipulation that he wouldn't get to pick his HC.  Add in the fact that we're the Jets, and that's a nice little cocktail of failure we should have seen coming.

Prolly brought that monkey paw back from cap hell too. 

God the quoting sucks.

@Matt39 - I dont think its something that keeps you out for the year.  Especially considering this happened, what, 4 weeks ago?  And I know for a fact that a CB for the Gators played an entire season with a torn labrum.  

there are different variations of a torn labrum which dictate what you can and can't do.   the bankhart lesion is usually a result of a dislocation and the shoulder can continue to pop in and out of joint.   the SLAP lesion is more associated with overhead sports - like throwing a baseball.   

he may have tried to play with it and found he just couldn't do it.   I can't imagine trying to block a DE with a SLAP lesion.   You have very little functional strength in one arm, certainly not enough to move a DE.   I could see a CB or RB playing through the injury but eventually you have to get it repaired.   It's a simple surgery to fix it but a very long recovery to get back to 100%.   Earl Thomas from seattle had his done after the super bowl and he is just now getting back on the field.  

You know, I wouldn't be shocked if Idzik was paid by Robert Kraft to obliterate our roster. At this point that's more believable than it is to think he was really trying to do well here. 

Any one of us could have thrown darts at a board while blindfolded and facing the wrong direction, and still yielded better results in two drafts with that many picks. 

This would have hurt more if Geno was QB. Since Geno couldnt get through his 3-4 WR progressions Amaro would have been a nice safety valve. Fitz can read all progressions and therefore wont need a safety valve as much as Geno would. Dont get me wrong, it would have been nice for Fitz, but for Geno it was a must.

I agree Fitz uses a lot more of the route tree than Geno.  Geno loves throwing to the tight end and slot.

I had nothing to do with Idzik getting the job. Nothing at all.

Also, dogs have paws. Monkeys have hands. How else would we throw poops?

Honestly, this is no big loss. Really....what did we lose? He couldn't block, he dropped a lot of balls, he was making mental mistakes, and he isn't any better after the catch than any other player we throw out there.

Thank god he couldn't practice injured, at least Chan got to experiment with Enunwa ect. This means that both Enunwa & Shaq will most likely make the team. It's not like we lost Gronk, lol, I mean Kyle Rudolph is way better than Amaro.

it's actually more important for us to see how we can get Smith on the field. Between Smith & Owusu with Decker & Marshall drawing attention those 2 dudes will have a chance to slice & dice their way to the endzone. Amaro was just a chain mover anyway, Wes Saxton can fill that role with a little Bohanon, and Enunwa as the Hback. Fill his space by committee.

Archived