Lawrence Phillips accused of killing cell mate.

Thor99

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-nfl-rb-lawrence-phillips-charged-killing-cellmate-article-1.2345481?utm_content=buffercb80f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDNSports+Twitter

Troubled former NFL player Lawrence Phillips has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of his cellmate at California's Kern Valley State Prison.

Phillips, 40, is suspected of killing cellmate Damion Soward. Officials determined that Soward, 37, was strangled to death in April.

Phillips, once one of college football's most electrifying stars when he played running back for Nebraska, was already serving a sentence of more than 31 years. He was convicted on assaulting an ex-girlfriend in 2009 and driving his car into a group of teenagers in 2006.

Beat me to it.  I was on a case exactly like this serving jury duty.  First thing I thought was 2 guys in a cell, one stabbed multiple times, who did it? 

Who did it?  Well it must have been a ball boy for the Patriots.  And without Brady's knowledge or consent. 

Archived