The ****** Official ****** Jets - Eagles game thread.

joewilly12

Yes and sure, why not. I feel like I read something a couple years ago that said Josh Johnson had the potential to be a more accurate Kaepernick type... he just needed to learn something something... I dunno. All I know is that I remember a positive blurb that resonated as = potential stuff.

I honestly don't care who stays between Flynn and Johnson.  They both bring something different.  If anything I would give the slight advantage to johnson just b/c he brings a new dimension if needed.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't care who stays between Flynn and Johnson.  They both bring something different.  If anything I would give the slight advantage to johnson just b/c he brings a new dimension if needed.

I'd keep Fitz, Flynn and Johnson... dump Geno... and find a way for Petty to be hurt for the rest of the year.

I also thought that it was interesting that the Jets brought in both these guys and gave them a chance to see Gailey's playbook knowing that they may be released and that one of them could be picked up by a team who may play them.  Shows IMO they are confident and that they believe in their offensive approach and game by game adjustments ....

Just nice to see..

I hope not

I swear man... all you do is bitch about wanting the team to improve, but you may be the most change averse person here when it comes to getting rid of sh*tty players to actually take steps towards improving. 

Your entire presence here is a laughable contradiction. 

enunwa can block but has shown nothing else this whole preseason. maybe move him to TE? drop kellen davis.

owusu and powell have looked good. i'd keep them both. cut shaq evans. deion barnes can push the pocket, maybe keep him over mays

flynn looked fine, keep him as backup.

Josh Johnson and Flynn looked better than Geno did last season. They both played smart and did not force a bunch of passes.

cut Geno

No, you are finally seeing competent offensive coaching unburdened with Rex's idiocy. Geno would look likely better than all of them.

I can see Dex getting cut. 

Evans is done. 

Geno should be done, Fitz starts, Flynn back up and Petty watching and learning sounds perfect. 

Agreed. Agreed. And agreed.

And I have to admit, even as someone who would punch Tebow in his fat face if I ever saw him in person, that BigNoseJesus looked like a different QB tonight. He should be overtaking Sanchez for the #2 job pretty soon.

Agreed. Agreed. And agreed.

And I have to admit, even as someone who would punch Tebow in his fat face if I ever saw him in person, that BigNoseJesus looked like a different QB tonight. He should be overtaking Sanchez for the #2 job pretty soon.

ok, sure. 

he looked good with us, never got a fair shot.

I said it then, I'll say it now. Even at his worst, Tebow turned the ball over no more than Sanchez was doing. Except Tebow helps his teams win in spite of it, while Sanchez was more of a "nails in the coffin" type of QB. I remain convinced that we would have won more with Tebow that year, if he was given a chance to play. 

That said, it's for the best he didn't. You don't want him as your long-term QB. I just wanted him as relief from Sanchez that season, and as a bridge QB to someone legit.

Tebow is ******* horrible.  He can't throw.  He helped the Broncos win because they were ******* awesome.  They lost 6 games combined the two years after they replaced him.  The Steelers playoff game was literally the only time he started and beat a team with a winning record.  EVER.  "But the team just wins" is the kind of crap that people said about the 2013 Jets.  It was a mirage, so was Tebow's sub 50% passing assault of luck and OT victories against sh*t teams.  Worse than Greg McElroy. 

Personally, I think we need to move on from Geno; forget his play, clearly his is still immature, can't read defenses ("you are not going to do anything" and he should duck next time -LOL) and he has lost the locker room (except maybe Marshall).

Either way (and regardless of who makes the team), it was refreshing to see all of the QBs looked good; yes, sometimes it was against the 3's, but they are supposed to look good there.  Last few years, none of the QBs looked good even when playing with the scrubs.  We have some rhythm and consistency and seem to move the ball well.  Flynn just started practicing and Johnson was only on the time for a week.  Yet there was still some rhythm, consistency, and the offense played like a team.

Looks like we finally have an OC and a system that the QBs can thrive in (even if they aren't very good).  I also liked how the schemes and play calling adjusted to the personality of the QB.  Flynn stayed in the pocket, they rolled Johnson out and had him run QB sneaks.  Wow, and OC that adjusts to the QB and players - amazing.  It is also amazing on how good the OL and run game is when the offense isn't predictable and they stretch the field both horizontally and vertically.  The days of 4 guys running a 5 yard pattern when they need 6 are finally over.

I am not saying we are playoff bound, but the Offense looks promising for a change.

My vote on the QB is Fitz, Flynn, Petty for now.  Petty can move up to #2 as the season progresses.  Geno - the team needs to move on, and I think they will.

I prefer Johnson to Flynn.  I liked the way he kept the defense off balance with his ability to run.  His arm looked pretty good and he made good decisions with the ball.  Flynn probably was the favorite going into last nights game but I think Johnson has made the decision that much harder. 

This game simply proved that our front office is genuinely smart and on ball, if you can upgrade, if you can bring in vet depth for a look see you do it. 

The number of people on this site blasting both the Flynn and Johnson moves, for no-other reason than they didn't like the player was boggling.

We got a look at Flynn, Johnson, Petty in previous games and we still have Geno who I do not think is being turfed despite what some think. 

I think it will be Fitzpatrick, Geno, one of flynn or Johnson and petty.  We will find out how good the team thinks petty is whether he is rostered or put on the psquad.

I prefer Johnson to Flynn.  I liked the way he kept the defense off balance with his ability to run.  His arm looked pretty good and he made good decisions with the ball.  Flynn probably was the favorite going into last nights game but I think Johnson has made the decision that much harder. 

He has a "Wild Cat" style to him.. But the Bills already have their Wild Cat guy with Tyrod..LOL

Lets get serious here folks.

This was the Eagles 2's and 3's.

Flynn stinks when the games are real.

He is less than a jag.

At least with Petty there is the unknown factor that creates hope.

Geno never plays here again and for that we owe IK a debt of gratitude.

Kleck-  I'm watching the game right now-and one of the announcers made a great point when he said how many QBs have you seen throw 6 TDs in a REAL bullets flying NFL football game? He will be the #2 QB to start the season and IMO is a better QB than the guy who had it not been for his own cheapness and stupidity WOULD have been the Jets starter next week. I also really like that Owusu kid too

Kleck-  I'm watching the game right now-and one of the announcers made a great point when he said how many QBs have you seen throw 6 TDs in a REAL bullets flying NFL football game? He will be the #2 QB to start the season and IMO is a better QB than the guy who had it not been for his own cheapness and stupidity WOULD have been the Jets starter next week. I also really like that Owusu kid too

Noted sage Greg Buttle responsible for that particular piece of wisdom.

I thought they both looked alright, Flynn took his time in the pocket and looked more confident in his arm. Johnson made a few nice passes but I feel like his best passes came from outside the pocket. I also felt like Johnson was quick to scramble (which he did well) where Flynn took his time and waited for plays to develop.

Lets get serious here folks.

This was the Eagles 2's and 3's.

Flynn stinks when the games are real.

He is less than a jag.

At least with Petty there is the unknown factor that creates hope.

Geno never plays here again and for that we owe IK a debt of gratitude.

If we are being serious, The Eagles 2's and 3's went up against our 2's and 3's I don't believe we had a single "starter" on the field, maybe a few guys competing for a starting spot.

Flynn looked well against the 2's and 3's and really he is likely only competing for a temporary back up role for when Geno is healthy again. What are our better options at the moment? Petty will be on the bench learning this season and getting ready mentally to compete for a spot next season. As for hope, if you don't have hope after seeing the team steadily improve throughout the pre season I highly doubt a rookie QB thrown into a position he is not ready for is going to give you the hope you are looking for.

If we are being serious, The Eagles 2's and 3's went up against our 2's and 3's I don't believe we had a single "starter" on the field, maybe a few guys competing for a starting spot.

Flynn looked well against the 2's and 3's and really he is likely only competing for a temporary back up role for when Geno is healthy again. What are our better options at the moment? Petty will be on the bench learning this season and getting ready mentally to compete for a spot next season. As for hope, if you don't have hope after seeing the team steadily improve throughout the pre season I highly doubt a rookie QB thrown into a position he is not ready for is going to give you the hope you are looking for.

Eagles played Kiki Alonzo to get reps since he missed 2014..

Agree that Flynn is probably a better QB that Geno. He is def a better teammate.

I hope Smith is gone soon.

With Fitz and Flynn Jets now have the best 2 back ups in the NFL so Lets hope Petty can develop.

I am glad Flynn is on this team.

I am also realistic about who he is talent wise.

People were going nuts for him after that 6 TD game 3-4 years ago but reality has certainly set in.

Look at his career stats and take away that 1 game and what have you got?

Having pointed this out I still like him alot better than the petulant punk Geno.

Fitz is the guy for 2015. Lets see if Petty can develop.

Archived