Can we pull an upset at Colts on Monday Night Football?

Fibonacci

Maybe this is premature but can't contain my excitement. Win or lose, Browns game will not generate any buzz in terms of National attention. But if we win against Colts on Monday Night Football, it might be a good statement for this new regime. Do we have a chance to shut Luck and Colts down and win? 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this is premature but can't contain my excitement. Win or lose, Browns game will not generate any buzz in terms of National attention. But if we win against Colts on Monday Night Football, it might be a good statement for this new regime. Do we have a chance to shut Luck and Colts down and win? 

Never been scared of Luck. He's a well above average QB but he rarely plays great defenses given his division and he looks piss poor in the playoffs (good teams). We can put up points against the Colts D we'll be fine. I think our defense can contain the Colts so the score wont get out of control. We score 25 or more points we can win the game. 

this is the deepest Jets team I've seen in a generation

I agree but it still all boils down to QB play which I still feel is up in the air at the moment.  I don't trust Fitzpatrick.  Too many mediocre seasons for me to think that he will lead us to anywhere special.  

We match up well with them no doubt, but I think it depends on how the game starts out.  We come out flat and start in a hole then I could see it snowballing into a bad nationally televised whopping. 

It's the Browns I'm worried about, would hate to see this team lose the home opener to the Browns. 

Yes, we have a chance. A very small chance. Football is a sport. Sometimes there are upsets in sports.

Colts suck -- I can't think of a more overrated team.  No reason the Jets can't beat them soundly. 

They were mercilessly gashed last year by the likes of LaGarrette Blount, Jonas Gray, and the Patriots' average (at best) run-blocking unit.  If the Jets are committed to running Ivory, it should be a similar fiasco for the Colts.  I think Arthur Jones is injured, so that doesn't help the Colts cause. 

Colts are definitely soft, but Luck is heading into that range of QB with Rodgers and Brady where I think it depends as much on them having an off day as shutting them down. You do what you can but you're going to have to keep up on the other side and play mistake free. It's certainly possibly, if the guy is on it's a problem, but the rest of that team is bad, so if Fitz is on we certainly have a chance.

It's weird that Luck has become underrated. The fact that the Colts make the playoffs every year is insane. Aside from him they really do suck.

It all comes down to the QB for us then.  No heart breaking interceptions, sack/strips, etc...   If we can just get decent QB play we can be anybody - I got a feeling Fitz may be our guy for that. Fingers crossed.

This.

Sanchez, Geno, even Pennington were all the game-losing INT at the worst possible time types of QB. We need someone that just doesn't fire nails into our own coffin. Every QB is going to commit turnovers, it's whether or not they lose us games that were otherwise winnable that will dictate a change in our fortunes.

Good thread. This game being week 2 I love it. If they lose to the Browns then it will be a long season.

Assuming they are 1 and 0, let's see what this secondary is all about. Pretty exciting!

I will be at this game...anyone else? gotta show these Midwestern folks real jet fans

Colts fans are actually pretty classy.  The worst places to go with the worst fans are Buffalo, Foxboro, Oakland and San Fran Levi's Stadium.

I say both Bay Area teams because you have a lot of gangstas in those fanbases and they are very prone to violence sometimes without provocation.

buffalo fans are bad because they drink like crazy and are trailer park trash.

One other factor is the Colts-Bills game Week 1. If Colts lose on the road, they will be extra motivated not to start the season 0-2. 

they started out 0-2 last year after going 0-4 in preseason. We match up well especially in the trenches.  Same reason the pats beat their brains in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived