You Gotta Luv what You See from Gailey so far!!

Charlie Brown

I really was on the fence when Chan Gailey was hired. I was.

I knew that he was the HC for Buffalo and the Cowboys but I couldn't recall anything great about this guy. 

Well I have to say so far I am so impressed by this coach.  IMO Chan does a fantastic job of getting his players in positions to be successful.  WRs are actually getting the ball in plays which are designed whereby they have space to make a  play and run.  Really impressive stuff. 

And amazingly I was actually shocked when Bowles said that the Jets ran the ball 50 times yesterday and I really didn't feel like we never passed. 

I am so happy with Chan and am extremely excited to see where he is willing to go during the season.  

Lets Go Jets!

I knew that he was the HC for Buffalo and the Cowboys but I couldn't recall anything great about this guy. 

Well I have to say so far I am so impressed by this coach.  IMO Chan does a fantastic job of getting his players in positions to be successful.  WRs are actually getting the ball in plays which are designed whereby they have space to make a  play and run.  Really impressive stuff. 

And amazingly I was actually shocked when Bowles said that the Jets ran the ball 50 times yesterday and I really didn't feel like we never passed. 

I am so happy with Chan and am extremely excited to see where he is willing to go during the season.  

Lets Go Jets!

All of a sudden G&P is cool when Bowles does it as is Blitzing.:rolleyes:.

It is too early to tell for sure, but I commented in another thread it is nice to see all of the QBs being somewhat successful.  Sure QBs should be successful against 3's, but remember the last 3 or 4 preseasons? How many TDs did we have then?  Is it the WRs being better? Probably.

But also, the QBs and the offenses look comfortable and in-sync.  Even Flynn (who only started practicing a few weeks back) and Johnson (who wasn't even on the team a few weeks back).  Also, notice how the offensive scheme and play calls changed from one QB to another.  Finally an offense geared to the type of QB/players we have.  We stretch the field both Vertically and Horizontally.  It is refreshing.

Again, too early to tell and PS is meaningless, but it is at least optimistic.  Last few seasons we were explaining away why the Offense looked so flat in the PR.

It's only pre-season but the reputation you heard about Gailey is proving to be true, so far:

- He gets good production out of average/below average QB's

- He designs his offense around the talent he has not the other way around

I've been very impressed with how the offense has functioned no matter what "string"
is on the field.  You've also seen glimpses of what our philosophy will be when the
regular season starts:

- The running game will be our bread & butter but it will be explosive whether we are running
between the tackles or to the edges.  WR's willing and able to block are going to be important
for outside runs

- The passing game will take advantage of our big WR's in the short/intermediate area and it
will expect them to create YAC.  We will take strategic shots down field and the QB will have
to be accurate when they come

All of a sudden G&P is cool when Bowles does it as is Blitzing.:rolleyes:.

You think that the offense looks the same as it did under Schotty and Sprags?  I just don't.  It isn't just ground and pound. 

You have to have as Bowles indicated a balanced approach that uses the run to control the game.  I just don't think that Schotty, Sprags or Marty are as good OC as Chan appears to be but time will tell. 

You think that the offense looks the same as it did under Schotty and Sprags?  I just don't.  It isn't just ground and pound. 

You have to have as Bowles indicated a balanced approach that uses the run to control the game.  I just don't think that Schotty, Sprags or Marty are as good OC as Chan appears to be but time will tell. 

I hated that they didn't play Powell last year I thought him and Ivory should have been the tandem I didn't want CJnoK.. Chan is the man to get the Jets to never,never land..:P

To be honest I don't know if it mattered who the OC's were with Rex. When your HC's mantra is G&P and we will win by defense it affects all facets of the game.

Some will chime in saying buuuuuuut  I thought Rex neglected the offense . And the answer is he did, he couldn't care what the O did as long as his preferred scheme was the overall  direction. Oh yeah and wildcat and all that.

Lets Go Jets!

We've had some terrible OC's since I've been a Jets fan. I unfortunately tought that Morningwhey (however his last name is spelled) was going to change things in that dept. However his infatuation for calling the wildcat 5 years after its run its course, wanting to pass in goal line situations and calling timeouts when Geno recognized the discrepancy and throws for a TD only showed that the I was incorrect about his incompetence. Gailey has started off well. We were all worried during the first game, but our 3 game winning streak and our QB's showing some production is positive heading into the season. 

Chris Ivory is going to have a career year. 

Small sample size, but remember this is preseason and he hasn't had to deal with the human turnover machine yet. Give Chan 6 weeks of Geno and we will all hate him too.

Small sample size means don't draw conclusions?  But you've drawn conclusions about Chan with Geno without seeing a single pass attempt?  

One other thing about Chan is I think based on what we saw last night that Geno must have been doing a lot better than the doubters out here (me included) could ever imagine. 

The fact is the QBs who played in these preseason games looked way better than Geno did last night although it was at times against second tier players.  The truth is that perhaps Geno Smith, yea that guy, might be better than any of us might want to believe is true.... and that with competent coaching from the OC and QB coach might just reveal that!

Just a thought... One can dream cant one :)

One other thing about Chan is I think based on what we saw last night that Geno must have been doing a lot better than the doubters out here (me included) could ever imagine. 

The fact is the QBs who played in these preseason games looked way better than Geno did last night although it was at times against second tier players.  The truth is that perhaps Geno Smith, yea that guy, might be better than any of us might want to believe is true.... and that with competent coaching from the OC and QB coach might just reveal that!

Just a thought... One can dream cant one :)

Well Geno has to be better at QB then he is paying his debts..LOL

Of course some of the door knobs mainly that tit head Heath whats his name no neck were dissing Gailery for being out of touch with the NFL and that it had passed him by, this is before seeing even one reg season game from the jets.

Don't ever compare Heath to tit(s). That's an insult to tit(s) everywhere.

We've had some terrible OC's since I've been a Jets fan. I unfortunately tought that Morningwhey (however his last name is spelled) was going to change things in that dept. However his infatuation for calling the wildcat 5 years after its run its course, wanting to pass in goal line situations and calling timeouts when Geno recognized the discrepancy and throws for a TD only showed that the I was incorrect about his incompetence. Gailey has started off well. We were all worried during the first game, but our 3 game winning streak and our QB's showing some production is positive heading into the season. 

Chris Ivory is going to have a career year. 

Wow, I actually forgot about the wildcat for a second.  It's so nice not to have seen that yet and I hope we never see it EVER again.

Small sample size means don't draw conclusions?  But you've drawn conclusions about Chan with Geno without seeing a single pass attempt?  

We've seen two years of Geno. He makes any OC look bad.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

All the praise in these threads for Bowles and Gailey....  LMAO.

Typical JETS fans.

We are undefeated and love our coaches.

This is much different for Jets fans. For one thing Chan Gailey is very respected in many circles in the NFL. He has a huge amount of experience & success as an OC and is considered an excellent teacher & communicator.

Then you have Bowles, (Assistant coach of the year), loved by his players DESPITE his very disciplined ways (not many coaches can pull that off), surrounded by a group of very competent coaches.

Usually in this league, that's a recipe for success. None of them will put up with Geno turning the ball over, our young 4th round QB Petty gets to learn in an incredible environment with 2 smart veteran QBs who are both a little lacking in athletic ability which forces them to play the game using knowledge & moxie to get by.

So just imagine what Petty can learn mentally from Chan, Fitz, maybe Flynn (who himself came from a great organization), and match the mental game with Pettys physical abilities, that's how you end up with a Quarterback. 

Any Jet fan that isn't excited about what they see in this new structure for the NY Jets is truly a pessimistic SOJF.

This is much different for Jets fans. For one thing Chan Gailey is very respected in many circles in the NFL. He has a huge amount of experience & success as an OC and is considered an excellent teacher & communicator.

Then you have Bowles, (Assistant coach of the year), loved by his players DESPITE his very disciplined ways (not many coaches can pull that off), surrounded by a group of very competent coaches.

Usually in this league, that's a recipe for success. None of them will put up with Geno turning the ball over, our young 4th round QB Petty gets to learn in an incredible environment with 2 smart veteran QBs who are both a little lacking in athletic ability which forces them to play the game using knowledge & moxie to get by.

So just imagine what Petty can learn mentally from Chan, Fitz, maybe Flynn (who himself came from a great organization), and match the mental game with Pettys physical abilities, that's how you end up with a Quarterback. 

Any Jet fan that isn't excited about what they see in this new structure for the NY Jets is truly a pessimistic SOJF.

Amen brother Amen!!!

I agree with the sentiment behind this post 1 Billion Times.

People don't realize that the Jets have laid the ground work for a solid organization around here maybe for the first time since Parcells was on the side lines!  We have true organizational structure that has finally put places where they have the talent to thrive and not hide.  We are no longer just trading for the back page home run nor are we talking up marginal players who, no offense to them, shouldn't have been on a quality NFL roster. 

Now we have in place Scouts that Scout, Coaches that Coach and a GM who understands that players are not just random pieces but must be placed into a coherent whole if you want to build a consistent winner!

Does it guarantee a SB? No, of course Not!

But it does give us a fighting chance at one, year after, year after, year.

And like you said who can't be excited about that!!

Agreed....  

Archived