JN Survival pool - I set one up for us. free

Dcat

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crushlove - who did you pick last week?  I saw you were knocked out?

50% of the board is taking the Saints over TB this week.  I want to dare to be different but its the only game that seems like a lock. 

I forgot the password for the yahoo I set up to sign up.  So never picked a team.  Would have pick the Jets.   

I picked Miami this week. Stupid me. 

I took the Saints.  Thought about Miami but I hate them too much to take them. 

I forgot the password for the yahoo I set up to sign up.  So never picked a team.  Would have pick the Jets.   

You ate your password.  Admit it. 

I took the Saints.  Thought about Miami but I hate them too much to take them. 

You ate your password.  Admit it. 

Miami has 6 games against AFC East none of which are sure thing. This was the week to pick them. Trying to save good teams to later weeks as much as I can. Not sure if my strategy will work though. 

Miami has 6 games against AFC East none of which are sure thing. This was the week to pick them. Trying to save good teams to later weeks as much as I can. Not sure if my strategy will work though. 

Same strategy I used.  Hence the Jets week 1, Saints week 2.  lol. 

Also, I have a weird upset feeling in that Miami game and dont really know why.  The Jags are the least talented team in Football and are really banged up but I feel like they are due to win a game at home one of these days. 

If you're pick plays on Sunday, can you change it after the Thursday game?  Or does it lock in tonight? 

Same strategy I used.  Hence the Jets week 1, Saints week 2.  lol. 

Also, I have a weird upset feeling in that Miami game and dont really know why.  The Jags are the least talented team in Football and are really banged up but I feel like they are due to win a game at home one of these days. 

If you're pick plays on Sunday, can you change it after the Thursday game?  Or does it lock in tonight? 

It locks in on Sunday I believe but not sure. Dcat can advise but I guess I will take my chances and stick with Miami. 

On paper, everything points to the Dolphins.  But I could never trust the dolphins on the road, especially a Philbin led Dolphins.  Best of luck to you.  I'll stick with the Saints at home.  Plus the rest of the Saints home schedule is pretty risky until mid December, so this is a pretty good time to use them.  

REG. SEASON      
Sun, Sept. 13 at Cardinals 3:05 pm FOX
Sun, Sept. 20 vs Buccaneers Noon FOX
Sun, Sept. 27 at Panthers Noon FOX
Sun, Oct. 4 vs Cowboys 7:30 pm NBC
Sun, Oct. 11 at Eagles Noon FOX
Thur, Oct. 15 vs Falcons 7:25 pm CBS/NFL Network
Sun, Oct. 25 at Colts Noon FOX
Sun, Nov. 1 vs Giants Noon FOX
Sun. Nov. 8 vs Titans Noon CBS
Sun. Nov. 15 at Redskins Noon FOX
  BYE WEEK    
Sun, Nov. 29 at Texans Noon FOX
Sun, Dec. 6 vs Panthers Noon FOX
Sun, Dec. 13 at Buccaneers Noon FOX
Mon, Dec. 21 vs Lions 7:30 pm ESPN
Sun, Dec. 27 vs Jaguars Noon CBS
Sun, Jan. 3 at Falcons Noon FOX

The problem with this strategy is that the NFL is a ******* crapshoot for the first 4-5 weeks of the season while new storylines play out.  My general rule for survivor pools: survive early, don't worry about "saving teams" until you're basing it on this season's results and not last season's.  I've won a few survivor pools with that strategy

Week 2?  That's the earliest I've ever been bounced.  

Thanks Obama

Thanks Idzik

Thanks Sean Payton, Drew Brees and that whole whacky gang of 'Aints.

over and out!  

You are not alone ... I think just under 50% of ALL players took NO this week. 

Including me. :(

Crushlove - who did you pick last week?  I saw you were knocked out?

50% of the board is taking the Saints over TB this week.  I want to dare to be different but its the only game that seems like a lock. 

Well, Jif - 50% are now out.

I may be next - I took Miami....

Archived