Any News out on the Jets cuts yet?

TE is not an important part of the Gailey offense.  I can understand if we needed one but honestly we don't.  That doesn't mean I don't think we will possibly go for one, but I don't think it will be prolific TE.

I agree with you on this. 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once I could care less we we release.

All faith the Mac and Bowles for now, they get to keep whomever they like most, no judgement from me.

Build the team their way, they must be permitted to do so.

Yes.

I also don't care where players were originally drafted, or what kind of sh*tty contracts they were given by know-nothing GMs of the past. Roster spots are too precious to be dedicated to hanging onto mistakes. The best players, play. The other best players, make the roster or get traded for draft picks.

TE is not an important part of the Gailey offense.  I can understand if we needed one but honestly we don't.  That doesn't mean I don't think we will possibly go for one, but I don't think it will be prolific TE.

Screen_Shot_2015-09-04_at_9.16.00_PM.thu

Scott Chandler's stats with BUF and Chan Gailey as the head coach.  74 targets seems like a relatively large part of an offense. 43/571/6 doesn't seem like a terrible stat line either.  And this is Scott Chandler we're talking about.  Imagine an actual good TE in that role.

Screen_Shot_2015-09-04_at_9.16.00_PM.thu

Scott Chandler's stats with BUF and Chan Gailey as the head coach.  74 targets seems like a relatively large part of an offense. 43/571/6 doesn't seem like a terrible stat line either.  And this is Scott Chandler we're talking about.  Imagine an actual good TE in that role.

I can't claim to know a lot about the Bills but his 2011 numbers seem more in line with what I would think.  My best guess here is that Chandler was used more in the H-Back/WR role and TJ Graham was the more conventional TE.  (Expect to see Chandler in the same position with the Pats) The only WR the Bills had that year was Stevie Johnson.

But this definitely goes to show you that Gailey really tools his offenses to his best players on the team no matter the position.

This is a very interesting quote from Fitzpatrick back in April of this year.

"It's hard to put a label on it," Fitzpatrick said, echoing what Bowles has said. "It's a spread, if you've got the personnel for it to be a spread. If not, it's very versatile. I think you'll know, kind of, when we make final roster cuts and they decide who's going to be on this team — how many tight ends, how many receivers, how many running backs — you'll kind of start to see how it's going to feel. There is always a base to every offense, so we're installing the base of the offense right now. From there, you kind of go with the variations."

No way in hell he's a #1 draft pick who was playing out of position last season not a good way to start off here with your #1 post. 

Calvin Pryor is a bust.  Where he was drafted last year (by another regime) is becoming less and less relevant with every missed tackle.

Mays cut. Babin cut. 

Per rotoworld. 

Babin? Wow.  I really figured he'd make the team with Sheldon's season in question.  Figured he'd move Coples to DE and we'd see more of Babin and Pace.

Kind of shocked.  Probably shouldnt be...but I guess Coples is going to be an OLB.

Babin? Wow.  I really figured he'd make the team with Sheldon's season in question.  Figured he'd move Coples to DE and we'd see more of Babin and Pace.

Kind of shocked.  Probably shouldnt be...but I guess Coples is going to be an OLB.

Like Maybin, Babin is the guy who will get an occasional sack/pressure.  But most of the time, he gets pushed outside and out of the play.  Plus, you really want him in coverage?  No effin' way.

Surprised a bit about Babin, but I can see why. My initial instinct months ago was that he'd be cut, but seeing the motor that he still has during preseason, I changed my opinion.

Really surprised about Mays, but I guess this means Henderson's knee is okay. Shame. Mays had a pretty damn good preseason.

Like Maybin, Babin is the guy who will get an occasional sack/pressure.  But most of the time, he gets pushed outside and out of the play.  Plus, you really want him in coverage?  No effin' way.

I was talking more from a 3rd down, pass rushing perspective.  Not full time.  

Cool.  My bad.  I just have never liked the guy's game. Other than those two years when he was lights out, Babin's been pretty mediocre.

Yeah, me too...but he's got a quick first step and is a natural pass rusher.  But I guess with Reilly, Maudlin, Pace, Coples...he's expendable.  I'm thinking Lattimore makes the team, especially with his ST's ability.  I wonder if one of the UDFA's make the team in Barnes or Jones?

Archived