Would you love Mac to trade for Kam Chancellor?

Jetster

There's some talk that teams are gauging Seahawks interest in trading Chancellor. Could you imagine that monster in a Todd Bowles defense with Revis? Obviously this is just what ifs, but what would you be willing to give up for Kam?

Seahawks can't pay them all, it happens everytime you sign your QB to the huge contract, plus they've had to pay Sherman, Bennett, Wagner. The edge the Jets have is that our QB salary is very low. Rumor is the Giants contacted Seattle but they also have to pay Eli.

A player like Chancellor could put the Jets over the top on defense this season. Just a thought if Seattle finally tires with his holdout. He seems pretty dug in.

Personally, I would have no interest in pursuing a player that puts himself before the team, and isn't willing to honor a commitment.

However, he would be fun to watch with this defensive talent.

To answer the question, Pryor and a 5th?

Despite Kam being one of my favorite players, Mac can't afford to give another secondary player a monster contract.

Agreed...I couldnt give up much because you have to give him such a big deal.  He's a 27 year old, 6'3 235lbs safety that ran a 4.48 40.  He is just now coming into his prime and wants to cash in.  The next 3-4 years if he's not injured will probably be his best and he wants to be paid like it.  Mentally and physically this is the best Cam you can get.

Depends on what Seattle wants. If he could be had for a 2nd rounder and like a 4th, I'd make the trade.

2nd rounder for a guy that requires possibly 10-12 mil per year contract? Seems high for a guy on holdout forever. This is Revis 2.0 n unless we pick him up as a FA, I don't wanna sell the farm. 

Personally, I would have no interest in pursuing a player that puts himself before the team, and isn't willing to honor a commitment.

However, he would be fun to watch with this defensive talent.

To answer the question, Pryor and a 5th?

I guess you're not a Mevis fan

2nd rounder for a guy that requires possibly 10-12 mil per year contract? Seems high for a guy on holdout forever. This is Revis 2.0 n unless we pick him up as a FA, I don't wanna sell the farm. 

Thought he wanted 7-10 million. He was previously making like 7-10 million earlier and he was fine with that contract, started bitching now that's he making around 5 million for this year. Seattle ****ed up on his contract, should have kept the income steady, not front loaded it.

I know we would rather trade Pryor or Couples but I do not think they are going to dump him, it will take a 1st or better,  they just sent a fifth-round pick to Kansas City on Saturday in exchange for Kelcie McCray as a backup plan

The real questions is would you trade Sheldon for Cam? Jets get back a game one starter...

nobody's paying that kind of dough for a safety! 

Hes making 5 mill now. This will be his last big contract in his prime, give him David Harris money after he's cut in 2016.

No way Mac doesn't draft LBs in next years draft. Plus where we'll be picking is usually linebacker central.

He plays for a good team and I have heard of him. Give them three firsts for him and we win the SB guaranteed, make it happen Macca

I personally think Seattle would take a 2nd round pick. What the hell have we done with our 2nds? 

Like I said it's just an excercise in what ifs but I'm sure Kam Chancellor would LOVE to play the Pats twice a year & put a hurting on someone. Dude is very intimidating.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Mike T make a move for him as Miami lost Louis Delmas with an ACL. Seems like a Trader Mike move to me . Miami's secondary is the only weakness on the defense.

How's their cap space doing, with the Tannehill & Suh contracts they signed this offseason?

How's their cap space doing, with the Tannehill & Suh contracts they signed this offseason?

Not 100% sure but I know they had like 11 million the end of July. I don't remember when the signed tannehill to his contract. I just heard some local radio guys tossing the idea around and thought about old Mike pulling something like that off. Miami  by no means will be an easy out for any team this year. I know Philbin is a goof and all but their OC and D coordinator are pretty solid. Unfortunately I think Fins make the playoffs this year

Jets could definitely afford him long term. Harris & Cromarties salaries can come off next year. I'm all for getting as much talent as we can as long as we have a long term plan.

I think with Mac we actually do. It's gonna be a long time before we're paying top $ for our QB. Bowles likes to go big nickels & dime & to do that you have to sit a LB. Chancellor is a safety/LB hybrid perfect for a DC like Bowles.

We seriously have a chance to compete this year in the AFC east, especially if Pats, Bills, or Fins suffer any injuries. Jets have way more depth in the secondary than any of those teams, which is shocking after last year. NFL season is long & taxing, stay healthy & good things can happen.

Jets could definitely afford him long term. Harris & Cromarties salaries can come off next year. I'm all for getting as much talent as we can as long as we have a long term plan.

I think with Mac we actually do. It's gonna be a long time before we're paying top $ for our QB. Bowles likes to go big nickels & dime & to do that you have to sit a LB. Chancellor is a safety/LB hybrid perfect for a DC like Bowles.

We seriously have a chance to compete this year in the AFC east, especially if Pats, Bills, or Fins suffer any injuries. Jets have way more depth in the secondary than any of those teams, which is shocking after last year. NFL season is long & taxing, stay healthy & good things can happen.

The Harris salary is not coming off next year. It's guaranteed. That's why it was so ridiculous at the time.

Cromartie's salary is only coming off if another healthy starting CB materializes (or if Cro gets injured or this season he's just meh or worse). Until/unless one of those things happen, from the team's POV, they'd be creating the same hole on the team that they filled when signing Cro in the first place. 

Prepare yourself for both of them being on the roster, at about $16M between them, since as of today that's the most likely outcome. 

innerweb reports the giants are very serious.   very tricky tho, you have to sign him to an extension and who has that kind of money september 6th ?

Giants are sitting with around 10-12 mil after cuts also they have somewhere above 70 mil after this season in cap space moving forward 

problem with the kam trade would be the Seahawks want a 1st and I wouldn't want Giants to give up a 1st  

Giants are sitting with around 10-12 mil after cuts also they have somewhere above 70 mil after this season in cap space moving forward 

problem with the kam trade would be the Seahawks want a 1st and I wouldn't want Giants to give up a 1st  

The salary cap is based on the top 51 contracts, so they did not gain anything from the cuts unless a significant salary was cut.  According to SPOTRAC, they have $3 Million in cap space.  However, Eli is in a contract year, and they could rework that contract to make space.

Archived