Austin Davis

AFJF

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans love to play make believe GM that doesn't mean they have to play it well..:)

And some people  just like to talk football...some even have the audacity to voice an opinion while doing so.

Doomed?  Dude, we have Geno and Fitz...what team doesn't wish they had our situation at quarterback right now?

No one knows better than the Jets staff about how the situation actually is today.

I don't think the CS operates under the "OMG we're the worst every" theory like some fans

No one knows better than the Jets staff about how the situation actually is today.

I don't think the CS operates under the "OMG we're the worst every" theory like some fans

Why would they?  They're not the worst anymore...Geno and Fitz are in the building..no need to bring in a young guy with any potential, right?

• 2 months later...

Nice job by Davis going from 3rd string to 2nd string to being on the field in a matter of days, goes 7-10, 77 yds and a 42 yd TD to tie the game in the 4th quarter.  Still think it's odd that the Jets didn't kick the tires.

What a wild ending.

no more complaining about SOJ.  Browns fans have it so much worse

No fan base has it worse than the Browns.  Incredibly loyal group whose team moved out and won a SB for another city while they get handed another horrible team in its place.

Imagine the Jets move elsewhere, win a ring a few years later, and are brought back as the same team they've been since SB III.

And Pettine will be looking for work soon and another administration will take over.  The Browns clock management at the end of that game was brutal. Intercept a ball at your opponent's 46 yd-line with about a minute left and 2 time outs and you wind up forcing your 135 pound kicker to try a 51 yard FG...

And Pettine will be looking for work soon and another administration will take over.  The Browns clock management at the end of that game was brutal. Intercept a ball at your opponent's 46 yd-line with about a minute left and 2 time outs and you wind up forcing your 135 pound kicker to try a 51 yard FG...

That was pretty bad...he's fallen so far after leading the Jets to back to back AFC championship games.

Browns are just bad. Period. Watching this game was difficult.   2 teams out of contention, no intrinsic value to it whatsoever. Its like cooking a microwave dinner, burning it and eating it to satisfy your primordial instinct.  

Why do I suddenly want a hot pocket?

AFJF was right again :)  Jets should have kicked the tires, Davis looked good and doubt he had much preparation, say what you want about Pettine but he stuck to his values and kept Johnny 8ball on the bench, don't think that saves his job but good for him

Sad way to end the game for the Browns,  first overall pick and draft day on the way (just like the movie?)

Rex was the defensive coordinator.  Pettine was getting coffee.

The guy is a hack who's lucky he ever had a coaching career in the NFL.

You have to read colliding hair crossovers to appreciate Pettine's greatness.

AFJF was right again :)  Jets should have kicked the tires, Davis looked good and doubt he had much preparation, say what you want about Pettine but he stuck to his values and kept Johnny 8ball on the bench, don't think that saves his job but good for him

Sad way to end the game for the Browns,  first overall pick and draft day on the way (just like the movie?)

Again?  I don't recall another time but thanks!  

Hey, the guy may end being worse than Geno for all we know, but based on his age and what he did last season I don't see what harm it would have done to bring him in...kinda makes me hope he's not any good.

I think I heard them say it was the first time in NFL history a game ended on blocked FG return for TD.  Poor bastards.

hard to get excited about 1 game.  We've seen that movie with Kevin Kolb, AJ Feeley, etc where they look good in spurts but once the game film is out they fall apart...that's what happened to him with the Rams.  I can't imagine with McCown and Manziel the Ravens spent much time game planning for Davis.  I'm not sold with a week of preperation he looks as good as last night and looks more like the guy the rams cut....

hard to get excited about 1 game.  We've seen that movie with Kevin Kolb, AJ Feeley, etc where they look good in spurts but once the game film is out they fall apart...that's what happened to him with the Rams.  I can't imagine with McCown and Manziel the Ravens spent much time game planning for Davis.  I'm not sold with a week of preperation he looks as good as last night and looks more like the guy the rams cut....

Just thinking it would have been nice if Geno looked that good in Oakland, guess he needed more preparation, plus there is plenty of film on his skills...  

Agree that is a small sample, Schaub looked great for a year or so before he became an interception machine, Ravens did not deserve to win that game

Yup, Cleveland fans are proud, we have the Heidi game but now they have this...

This, and their team leaving them for Baltimore to go on and win a SB not long after, then they get another POS team in its place.  That's gotta' sting.

Not for some people.  Have you read the conversations on here about Geno in week 17 last season?  

But this guy knows how to slide...in bounds...2 feet from the sideline with no defenders near him...with 18 seconds left in the game...after using more than half a play clock for pre snap. I mean the coaches should have called a timeout but I think Fitz would have the sense to run out of bounds there/call a timeout before pre snap adjustments.They lost a couple of plays at the end of that drive.

Nice job by Davis going from 3rd string to 2nd string to being on the field in a matter of days, goes 7-10, 77 yds and a 42 yd TD to tie the game in the 4th quarter.  Still think it's odd that the Jets didn't kick the tires.

What a wild ending.

At least we'd finally have a QB that knows how to slide!!!!

Browns are just bad. Period. Watching this game was difficult.   2 teams out of contention, no intrinsic value to it whatsoever. Its like cooking a microwave dinner, burning it and eating it to satisfy your primordial instinct.  

You are a great man.  I will be using the "It's my primordial instinct" this Holiday season as the default answer to, "Where the hell are all the leftovers you fat fuck?"  Thank you.

Archived