In other news, the sky is blue (the Patriots cheat?!?)

Thor99

You know I used to actually feel sorry for some of my friends who were lifelong Red Sox fans and I would bust their chops a little bit and wonder why they got so angry and mad at me for doing so. I mean it's only a baseball game right? I mean I'm a Yankees fan (at the time I don't watch it anymore) and I'm working at a bar called Boston's On The Beach the place was full of Sox fans and pictures and memorabilia and I really liked all those guys and ladies who were ALL from Mass.

It got to the point around the year 2000 that I remember saying to a few of them "you know if the Yankees don't do it this year then I will hope for you guys that YOUR team gets in there because you guys deserve it". After the Sox finally won it all in 2004 we started to see it rear it's ugliness in the way the Sox fans reacted to us Yankee fans.

Back to football and after 9/11 hits and there are all these rumblings out on the streets about how the NFL actually WANTED a red white and blue team with the name The Patriots to be SB Champs-I HEARD this stuff. Then we saw that game in the snow and we all said Hmmm, maybe there Is something to what I am hearing. What I never realized was what JERK AUFFS  all of these Mass sports fans would be. I saw them invade our boards and they were relentless A-holes-most of them as we can witness today, still are. 

ONE NIGHT and I remember because it was during the '98 season when we played Denver in the AFCCG and lost that I was watching a late November MNF game and Drew Bledsoe broke his right index finger but still came back to heroically beat the Dolphins. It was then that I did the unprecedented. I decided to log on to a Pats Rivals board and congratulate the Pats fans there for a great game and for beating the hated Marino Fins-at which point I was told to get lost and to go eff myself you scumbag Jets fan you and I had gone there to congratulate them LOL!!! Well that was the one and ONLY time I have EVER posted on a Pats board (and I never will again). While these JO's live here rubbing it in our faces for 15 years now I mean when do you guys get a life and go away? When do you grow up man? Someday, somewhere in the not-too-distant future, their glorious cheating run will end and they will go back and spend another 80 something years of no championships or pennants after all of this bad karma they've been accumulating and you know what THEY WILL DESERVE IT!.

• Upvote 2

PatsFanTX its days like these I really miss him/her. 

he's full of it too JW12 after the deflate crap comes out he sends me a message saying this:   

"How many of us old timers have started to like the game less and less?

Great question Jimmy and I've just about had it with all the Pats crap. I can't even get excited about the upcoming Super Bowl.

The only way the Pats get over this is if the NFL permanently suspends Belichick for life and forces Kraft to sell the team.

I am totally disgusted right now."

then we see him go on and on and on and on DEFENDING it all to the point that he ended up getting himself banned again. 

If the Patriots knew the protection scheme, then they'd know how to attack it. The line about how he's "matchup up against the OL in front of him" is short-sighted. If the Patriots knew what plays to expect and/or knew signals for protection schemes, then they most definitely could have schemed for the Pats OL to occupy certain parts of the scheme, while Washington gained advantage in his individual matchup(s). 

Nobody, except you, is implying that cheating like this magically makes Washington dominant. What it does is it affords the type of advantage that creates mismatches to exploit. Cheating isn't supposed to afford blatant advantages. It's supposed to afford subtle advantages, like never fumbling the flat football and winning the turnover ratio because turnovers often have an immediate impact on victory.

I don't disagree with this in concept.  If the aggregation of Patriots violations, whether real, rumored or imagined, now means that every team who has ever lost to them since 2000, every defensive back who was ever burned by Randy Moss in 2007, every OL who was ever manhandled by the Patriots DL, etc., can blame the Patriots illicit accumulation of subtle advantages for being outplayed rather than their own shortcomings, then so be it.  

I don't disagree with this in concept.  If the aggregation of Patriots violations, whether real, rumored or imagined, now means that every team who has ever lost to them since 2000, every defensive back who was ever burned by Randy Moss in 2007, every OL who was ever manhandled by the Patriots DL, etc., can blame the Patriots illicit accumulation of subtle advantages for being outplayed rather than their own shortcomings, then so be it.  

The only thing more predictable that the Patriots cheating, is their dumb ******* fans using gross over-exaggeration as a means of counter-argument. Unfortunately, the only dumb ****ers willing to accept this kind of petulant idiocy as viable, happen to be other Patriot fans. You guys are good at yanking each other off, I'll give you that.

• Upvote 2

The only thing more predictable that the Patriots cheating, is their dumb ******* fans using gross over-exaggeration as a means of counter-argument. Unfortunately, the only dumb ****ers willing to accept this kind of petulant idiocy as viable, happen to be other Patriot fans. You guys are good at yanking each other off, I'll give you that.

LOL at the use of the phrase "petulant idiocy as viable" among your other worked-up rantings.  It's like your post was co-written by Nabokov and Latrell Sprewell.  

In other news..  Tom Brady’s six-year marriage to Gisele Bundchen is in dangerous territory. A source close to the world’s highest-paid model, 35, and the $13 million-plus-a-year NFL pro, 38, reveals in the latest issue of Us Weekly they’ve been having intense fights since he was hit with a four-game suspension in May. (Recap: A report concluded that the New England Patriots quarterback was “at least generally aware” of the team’s decision to deflate footballs to help nab a January playoff victory.)

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/gisele-bundchen-threatened-tom-brady-with-divorce-201529#ixzz3lCxc6Jgz 

In other news..  Tom Brady’s six-year marriage to Gisele Bundchen is in dangerous territory. A source close to the world’s highest-paid model, 35, and the $13 million-plus-a-year NFL pro, 38, reveals in the latest issue of Us Weekly they’ve been having intense fights since he was hit with a four-game suspension in May. (Recap: A report concluded that the New England Patriots quarterback was “at least generally aware” of the team’s decision to deflate footballs to help nab a January playoff victory.)

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/gisele-bundchen-threatened-tom-brady-with-divorce-201529#ixzz3lCxc6Jgz 

He's going to turn her straight.

What Pat defenders fail to realize actually hiring a third party, such as a private agent/detective to get the information would under the rules have been totally legal but totally unethical.  The Pats could honestly say no Pats employee was involved in breaches of security.  That is why I listened to what is not said by the Pats.  They always say "no Pats employee was involved" in this or that not they the Pats didn't try and get or never received possession of improper "game materials". Slick lawyerly response but not good enough if we pay attention.

They have hurt and ruined their own fans joy and what is worse they didn't have to cheat they had a good team.  

I agree, they have their fans waking up in the middle of the night crying and posting on opposing team's message boards. 

• Upvote 1

You think?

They leaked incorrect information and then refused to send out a correction.  Nor did they ask ESPN to correct the information.  Of course even after 6 mos. ESPN did nothing.

When the judge in a pro-business court mocks the "independent" nature of an investigation, it is not hard to surmise the NFL and ESPN are gunning for the Patriots.

And people wanted the Patriots to cooperate.  MMMokkay!!

It keeps getting harder for you.  Admit it. 

Because it says "visiting" locker room.  Given that reference and the fact that, unlike at neutral, security-heavy sites (like the Super Bowl) and away sites, the Patriots have control over stadium security and facilities access at their home stadium and could undoubtedly get access to the "visiting" locker room whenever they wanted.  

He's correct, on neutral sites, the Patriots had to rely solely on videotaping signals and disrupting radio communication, they could only steal the play sheets at home :)

It keeps getting harder for you.  Admit it. 

Not at all.

What Earth shattering thing came out?  Nothing.  I am pretty sure we all knew it was more than the 7 or 9 tapes.  Again, we are talking about recording signals.  It is not even in the top million of my give a sh*t meter.

Public masturbation is never a good thing, son. 

c49144fff30402292c73288947968186.jpg

The irony of this little statement is astounding.

Ugh, start with they've been taping since 2000.  Totally new. That Goodell had to calm down people in the league who were pissed.  That the Pats stole playsheets.

Yeah, no a big deal, except teams, FO's, the league all think it is.  Shockingly\, you and all the other Pats apologists disagree.  You spend your entire existence on a Jet board constantly trying to convince all that the Patriots cheating is not a big deal.  That it's meaningless and makes no difference.  

It never occured to you that you, your team and its fanbase are the only team in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL who have to explain off these kinds of cheating scandals?  The only team in all the years I've been watching sports who have had to do this once.  The Pats are way past once.

otherwise known as........

"The Patriot Way"

• Upvote 4

Not at all.

What Earth shattering thing came out?  Nothing.  I am pretty sure we all knew it was more than the 7 or 9 tapes.  Again, we are talking about recording signals.  It is not even in the top million of my give a sh*t meter.

If it's such an insignificant advantage, why did BB spend years doing it, knowing that the punishment would be severe if he got caught? Would you steal $10 if you thought it would lead to 5 years in jail?

If it's such an insignificant advantage, why did BB spend years doing it, knowing that the punishment would be severe if he got caught? Would you steal $10 if you thought it would lead to 5 years in jail?

Not sure that BB thought the penalty would be severe.  In fact, I strongly suspect he believed the exact opposite. 

Not sure that BB thought the penalty would be severe.  In fact, I strongly suspect he believed the exact opposite. 

Really?

The video tapers were instructed to physically disguise themselves and also coached up with bogus explanations and denials if/when questioned.

This doesn't seem like the behavor of someone who thinks the penalty would be "the exact opposite of severe."

• Upvote 2

Really?

The video tapers were instructed to physically disguise themselves and also coached up with bogus explanations and denials if/when questioned.

This doesn't seem like the behavor of someone who thinks the penalty would be "the exact opposite of severe."

They knew it was illegal.  But I believe that their motivation was to get the footage.  They had been violating the rule with impunity for years and the league's response was to send a memo.  Based on that, there is nothing to suggest that BB had any reason to include the possibility of a precedent-setting penalty in his cost-benefit analysis. 

When polled...only 2 states think the Patriots did NOT cheat.

Massachussets, and Maine.

That speaks volumes.

A simple search on this board will return multiple results of me saying Brady is complicit in Deflategate.

And I am not surpsied by that poll...I have ATT&T Uverse and can listen to Felger and Mazz on TV.  Some of the callers make me want to stick a pencil in my ear.  Something happened.  He likely knew or indirectly caused it to happen.

Now with that being said, again, hwat he did did not tear the moral fabric of the NFL like JN wants to think it does.  Players an coaches all said they saw or did something similar.  That does not exonerate the Patriots, but it does not justify the "gross over exaggeration" of JN.