Rich Gannon (NFL Network) Prediction for AFC East

Warfish

Last year we lost 2 games to the Bowl winning Pats by a total of 3 points.. If the 1-15 Fins with a new HC Tony Sparano can make the playoffs at 11-5 with decent QB play why can't the Jets go from 4-12 to 9-7 or 10-6 with a new HC and a influx of new talent??

9-7 is realistic for us I think it comes down to the 5-6 games this year we play that are decided by 3 points or less.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year we lost 2 games to the Bowl winning Pats by a total of 3 points.. If the 1-15 Fins with a new HC Tony Sparano can make the playoffs at 11-5 with decent QB play why can't the Jets go from 4-12 to 9-7 or 10-6 with a new HC and a influx of new talent??

we can, I have no doubt we can but I don't have any problem w/ someone picking us 4th.  Buf/Mia/NYJ should all be very close and they all can finish 2nd-4th.

it would help if Brady goes down like 2008 too.

I'm sorry mate, I simply can't proverbially suck that much Dolphins or Bills proverbial cock, they simply haven't earned it.

The Phins could as easily be 6-10 and 10-6.  Buffalo?  The Bills under Rex could be a 4 win team as bad a Head Coach and as bad as their QB situation is.  

I'm sorry, but saying today that both the Phins and Bills will sweep us (which they'd both have to do to win 9-10 games each) is horsesh*t.

They're not that good, and we are NOT that bad.

Call me a homer (it's a rare day that can be said, lol) but I reject the doom and gloom that this is a wasted year of 4-5 wins and tons of failure.

We have every reason to expect and demand this years jets team be the equal of Rex's rookie year in Buffalo or to match that bag of failure in Miami.

You really think we're a hopeless 5-6 win team?  Damn, why even bother to watch then?

Agree with you. What I found amazing was they act like Suh completely changes the fish, yet we added a better defensive player in Revis, potential pro bowlers in Skrine, Cro and Gilchrist, added a Top 10 receiver in the NFL and jettisoned a bottom 5 HC and the worst coaching staff in the NFL yet we are just a "4 or 5 win team, maybe 8" in Gannon's view. Just nonsensical. I do think there is a chance we could struggle this year, but any team can struggle and I really do not see the Bills or Miami being better than us at all and like you said we will not go 0-6 in the division. Listened to it live and it pissed me off.

My son is a HUGE NFL fan, he's like an encyclopedia of sports. Kicks azz in fantasy, and has always been right about the Jets, (I use to get pissed when he told me they would suck, and at the end of the season he's like, I told you so). Granted, he's not a Jets fan because it was hard for him to climb on board this loser of an organization watching me bitch at the TV during every loss.

But he DESPISES the Patriots. Like most kids in their 20s I don't hear from him but occasionally. The other day I get this text from him.

"Jets honestly looking good this year. Sleeper team. AFC east might end up being best division in football. Read today Gailey is going to show looks with Marshall & Decker in the slot and Smith outside. That's a great formation, put the size inside on the safeties and let Smith take the top off. Hopefully Fitz can get it to them"

I'll take my sons analysis over any of those idiot talking heads. Tannyhill does not play well against the Jets, the Bills QB has never started & he faces possibly the best secondary in the league. With Fitz at least we'll have an "average" QB, when have we been able to say that the last 5 years?

Last year the Pats beat the Colts 45-7 in the AFCCG. Brady was 23-35 for 226 yards, The Pats ran for 177 yards! That Monday nighter vs the Jets is no gimme for that Colts team. The parody in the NFL is real. Don't listen to the noise.

Agree with you. What I found amazing was they act like Suh completely changes the fish, yet we added a better defensive player in Revis, potential pro bowlers in Skrine, Cro and Gilchrist, added a Top 10 receiver in the NFL and jettisoned a bottom 5 HC and the worst coaching staff in the NFL yet we are just a "4 or 5 win team, maybe 8" in Gannon's view. Just nonsensical. I do think there is a chance we could struggle this year, but any team can struggle and I really do not see the Bills or Miami being better than us at all and like you said we will not go 0-6 in the division. Listened to it live and it pissed me off.

potential pro bowlers in skrine, Cro and gilchrist and jettisoned a bottom 5 HC

hahahahahahahahaahhahhahahah, you owe me a new keyboard after spitting my drink all over this one w/ that statement.

we can, I have no doubt we can but I don't have any problem w/ someone picking us 4th.  Buf/Mia/NYJ should all be very close and they all can finish 2nd-4th.

it would help if Brady goes down like 2008 too.

With a healthy Favre we lost to the Pats at Met life and needed OT to beat them at Foxboro but Mangini was a Genius..LOL

Patriots - 11-5 (and in the Super Bowl) - Says best Team in Football

Miami - 10-6 - Says much better in 2015.

Buffalo - 9-7 - Says Buffalo could be alot better, knows this "will anger Bills Fans", etc.

NY Jets - 6-10 - TLDR Jets suck, 6 may be generous (wanted to go with 4 or 5), QB sucks, lots of other things suck, not a good or winning team.

His Co-Host agreed all down the line.

Typical.:rolleyes:

Jets QB sucks, but Tyrod Taylor will lead you to 9-7 never having started a game... got it.  

Jets QB sucks, but Tyrod Taylor will lead you to 9-7 never having started a game... got it.  

LMAO! Of course! BB sucks defending neophytes, Inexperienced QBs like Taylor love making quick choices vs blitzing coaches with good secondary players (Jets), and Suh has always been intimidated by QBs (see video of a crumpled Aaron Rogers,lol.) 9 wins for the Bills? OK.

I love it! - Playing the Under Dog, Jets suck Agenda. We can come out a kick a few teams teeth in, wait till they get a load of our D, and I genuinely believe the best Offence we've seen in years. The Bill have a great D ,but their Q.B situation could be the worst in football. The last time I looked the NFL was a QB driven League.

I mean the Pats* roster does not scare anyone, and if it wasn't the deflator, they would be a 4-5 Win team. Go Jets, Fook the haters! 

I love it! - Playing the Under Dog, Jets suck Agenda. We can come out a kick a few teams teeth in, wait till they get a load of our D, and I genuinely believe the best Offence we've seen in years. The Bill have a great D ,but their Q.B situation could be the worst in football. The last time I looked the NFL was a QB driven League.

I mean the Pats* roster does not scare anyone, and if it wasn't the deflator, they would be a 4-5 Win team. Go Jets, Fook the haters! 

their roster w/o Brady doesn't scare anyone, with Brady they are a lock to win the division.

You can't just look at teams based on prior records. The Bills being better on paper than the team that went 9-7 last year doesn't equate to 10-6 or better this year. There are so many variants, it's not even worth getting into. Yes, this years BUF team is probably better than last years. They can go 7-9 this year still being a better team. We are much better than the 8-8 team we were 2 years ago. Worlds better. Doesn't mean we'll have a better record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What exactly seperates the Jets and bills ? Where you guys think the bills will be much better than us .

In my opinion the defenses are similar (although I think they're slightly more talented) but they have a couple of big play offensive players.  Our offense is going to be possession based, and we do have the talent to make that happen, but it's still tough to put up TD's with a below average QB

Miami has 10 win talent, do they have a 10 win QB and HC?  we'll see.  the recent year dolphins remind me of the early 90s Jets.  the talent is there but they can never quite get over the hump.

I don't know. I fail to see it. I see a very good defensive line (I personally have always though Suh was way overhyped but he is a good DT) with one good CB behind it. I see an offense with an average to below average running game, offensive line problems (what else is new?), and a bunch of slot receivers on the outside with a first round rookie who hasn't practiced yet.

Tannehill is a solid quarterback, he reminds me a little bit of Pennington. A solid quarterback who is good enough to not be terrible but not good enough to win the division/go deep in the playoffs. Only problem is Tannehill has a 100+ mil contract that will handcuff them in the future. He also has folded at the end of the last two seasons. They are a perennial 8-8 team.

I honestly think the Jets are a more talented football team on almost every front besides QB and TE.

Looks spot on and pretty fair.  Though I guess I could see the Jets winning 7 games...maybe 8, if the run game comes together and they have a top notch D.  But I think 6 is about right.  Terrible QB, questionable OL, slow LB'ers, rookie HC.  A great DL is awesome to have but it takes more than that...and while we've upgraded the secondary on paper, proving it on the field is another story.

Jets are making the playoffs. 

Its never a good sign when JiF has high expectations. 

I'm fine with that, generally.

And I usually repeat often "Don't listen to or trust the media, they are not our friend".

Just gets under my craw a bit, no doubts (or criticism, ever it seems) of the Cheaters, and wtf has Miami or Buffalo done of late to earn such reverence?

/shakeshead, like I said, it's typical, and typically annoying tbh.

Well in all honesty Buffalo did stomp the Jets twice and Miami does have a so-called QB in Tannehill.

That is fine with me. The Jets will just continue to fly under the radar

Rex won 8 games 2 years ago with a worse running game, worse WR's, and a significantly worse defense, and QB situation.  I was told he was the worst coach ever so I expect nothing less than 10 wins.

These 6 and 4 win predictions from the media are complete nonsense.

Patriots - 11-5 (and in the Super Bowl) - Says best Team in Football

Miami - 10-6 - Says much better in 2015.

Buffalo - 9-7 - Says Buffalo could be alot better, knows this "will anger Bills Fans", etc.

NY Jets - 6-10 - TLDR Jets suck, 6 may be generous (wanted to go with 4 or 5), QB sucks, lots of other things suck, not a good or winning team.

His Co-Host agreed all down the line.

Typical.:rolleyes:

I would love to see the Jets make the playoffs this year (and even SB although is not going to happen).  But, if they don't, I don't particularly care if the finish 10-6 or 6-10 as long as:

1. They play well and hard and are prepared for each game

2. The games are exciting, and they are in most of the of the games

3. (And most importantly) They have a plan for QB of the future (whether it is Petty or someone else).

BTW, I think the Pats (until they loose it) are favored to win the division, but I don't think that they are SB bound.  Of course, what do I know?

EVERYONE kills Fitz for not winning more than 8 games in a season yet it's just fine if Ryan Tannehill doesn't.

actually Fitz gets killed for not winning more than 6 in a season.

I think Tannehill is an average QB too though better than Fitz.  Miami has missed the playoffs the last 2 years mainly b/c of the play of Ryan in their biggest games BUT he is also still young and has been improving.

Archived