Rich Gannon (NFL Network) Prediction for AFC East

Warfish

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tannehill is an average QB too though better than Fitz.  Miami has missed the playoffs the last 2 years mainly b/c of the play of Ryan in their biggest games BUT he is also still young and has been improving.

Actually I think that Tannehill is pretty good.  Def. not a top 10, but not a bottom 10 either.  Imagine if we had an average QB 2 years ago? If Tannehill was our QB, we would be considered to be in the top 15 if not the top 10 IMHO.

I'm sorry mate, I simply can't proverbially suck that much Dolphins or Bills proverbial cock, they simply haven't earned it.

The Phins could as easily be 6-10 and 10-6.  Buffalo?  The Bills under Rex could be a 4 win team as bad a Head Coach and as bad as their QB situation is.  

I'm sorry, but saying today that both the Phins and Bills will sweep us (which they'd both have to do to win 9-10 games each) is horsesh*t.

They're not that good, and we are NOT that bad.

Call me a homer (it's a rare day that can be said, lol) but I reject the doom and gloom that this is a wasted year of 4-5 wins and tons of failure.

We have every reason to expect and demand this years jets team be the equal of Rex's rookie year in Buffalo or to match that bag of failure in Miami.

You really think we're a hopeless 5-6 win team?  Damn, why even bother to watch then?

I am with you Fish.  We should split the two games at the very least.  In fact I think we will split against the Pats as well.  This team is the most talented since Rexs' first year and actually have much better weapons and better coaching on both sides of the ball.  Plus 10 year vet Fitz should do at least as well as Sanchez as a inexperienced rookie.  

Actually I think that Tannehill is pretty good.  Def. not a top 10, but not a bottom 10 either.  Imagine if we had an average QB 2 years ago? If Tannehill was our QB, we would be considered to be in the top 15 if not the top 10 IMHO.

he's not bad, he's not what dolphin fans think he is but he's a decent QB.  I'd certainly rather have him than Fitz or Geno but he has held Miami back from being a playoff team.

Nobody seems to watch less football than ex-athletes that are now part of "sports media".

I'm on the road a lot so I listen to NFL Sirius radio. So many idiot ex-athletes. I will say though that I really enjoy Steve Smith SR & Booger McFarland. Those guys hold no punches & give a lot of good insights.

Always love the preseason trash. 

Bills: Unknown at QB but a ferocious D-line in an unstable division! 9-7!

Jets: Unknown at QB but a ferocious D-line in an unstable division! 6-10! 

Who is this "unknown QB" the Jets have you speak of?  Bryce Krispies?  Otherwise, the other 2 options are pretty well known. 

I still bear the scars of 1999 and always will until the Jets win the big one

looking back in my years as a Jet fan(80s-current) at how many years we had playoffs(and beyond) expectations and what we actually did:

1983: finished 7-9 when many had us as SB favorite

1986: 10-6, made playoffs but were 10-1 at one point.

1987: 6-9-1

1992: 4-12(after going 5-0 in preseason)

1998: won div title, made title game

1999: 8-8, missed playoffs

2002: 9-7, won division

2003: 6-10

2005: 4-12

2007: 4-12

2010: 11-5, made title game

2011: 8-8, missed playoffs

looking back in my years as a Jet fan(80s-current) at how many years we had playoffs(and beyond) expectations and what we actually did:

What happened to 2009??

Yep no Revis Cro with a bad hip and rookie Geno with 12 tds and 21 picks we go 8-8.. Yet this team may win 6 games??

I'm with Savage here. Add to that we added Brandon Marshall on the offense to go with Decker and Kerley.

It's absurd to think we won't be better than the last two seasons. I'm saying 10-6 for this year. Hell if we simply eliminate the ridiculous turnovers on O and actually get a couple on D for a change that alone wins us 2-4 more games.

I'm ready for the friggin season to start already.

This was painful to read but pretty cool that you put this together

I'm on the road a lot so I listen to NFL Sirius radio. So many idiot ex-athletes. I will say though that I really enjoy Steve Smith SR & Booger McFarland. Those guys hold no punches & give a lot of good insights.

agreed...but they still have their tool box moments...

for the fins and bills too I would think.

Sure but those 2 teams didnt win 4 games last year. 

yay, Matt Cassel has won 11 twice he's available lets go get him and win the Super Bowl

What?  I was just correcting something you said that wasnt accurate.  Not sure what Matt Cassel has to do with it. 

The difference between a five win season and a nine win season will come down to turnovers. If nothing else, Todd Bowles seems much more detail oriented than Rex ever did, and I expect more of a focus on fundamentals. If the preseason is any guide, the team could be in good shape. They protected the ball well, and got their own takeaways. Rex's defenses were never good at taking the ball away. Bowles seems to have them attacking the football. I'm excited about that. 

But I have trouble seeing a ceiling higher than nine wins for this team. The offense is just too pedestrian. I think they'll do a good job doing what they'll be trying to do: control the football and the clock. I expect to see them move the football between the 20s pretty well. But it's tough to win consistently like that. You need some quick strike ability in this league, big play ability, and they really just don't have that with Fitzpatrick at QB. Devin Smith remains a wildcard after missing most of the preseason but, even if he is the deep threat we're hoping for, someone has to get him the football. 

Hate to say it, but the best hope for better than nine wins might be Geno getting back in the lineup, and playing like the improved QB we heard he might be. 

Field position and turnovers. It's not always scoring on O, it's moving the ball enough to not constantly set our D up defending a short field.

As for turnovers, reducing ours on offense is obviously important, however I believe Bowles is better than Rex at scheming to create turnovers on the defensive side as well. I think that will help tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's been proven a team can win w/ Cassell, it has yet to be proven a team can win w/ tannehill. 

You could also point out Alex Smith has played in 3 post season games compared to Ryan Tannhill's 0...or that Alex Smith in those 3 play-off games threw 9 TDs and 0 INTs...he may wish Tannehill was Alex Smith without even knowing it...as in, Miami will be lucky if he's even as good as Alex Smith, because right now, saying that may be putting down 3rd tier QB Alex Smith more than Ryan Tannehill...

You could also point out Alex Smith has played in 3 post season games compared to Ryan Tannhill's 0...or that Alex Smith in those 3 play-off games threw 9 TDs and 0 INTs...he may wish Tannehill was Alex Smith without even knowing it...as in, Miami will be lucky if he's even as good as Alex Smith, because right now, saying that may be putting down 3rd tier QB Alex Smith more than Ryan Tannehill...

Ryan is not as good as Alex Smith, not even close

The people on tv who know everything LOVE Tannehill.  Funny because every time I see that guy play all he does is check down.

pure laziness, it's "experts" looking at #s and the new contract.  he put up good #s last year but w/ a top deep threat could not complete a pass beyond 10 yds and he melts in big games.

everyone is blaming Wallace in Miami and excited they got Stills.

Wallace yds per rec pre Tannehill: 17.2

Wallace w/ tannehill: 12.8

Stills pre-Tannehill: 16.5

let's see what happens in Miami

pure laziness, it's "experts" looking at #s and the new contract.  he put up good #s last year but w/ a top deep threat could not complete a pass beyond 10 yds and he melts in big games.

everyone is blaming Wallace in Miami and excited they got Stills.

Wallace yds per rec pre Tannehill: 17.2

Wallace w/ tannehill: 12.8

Stills pre-Tannehill: 16.5

let's see what happens in Miami

that's a good point

Mike Wallace couldn't wait to get away from Tannehill.  The guy is completely overrated.

Archived