Rich Gannon (NFL Network) Prediction for AFC East

Warfish

The people on tv who know everything LOVE Tannehill.  Funny because every time I see that guy play all he does is check down.

Funny how they love loser Tannehill but hate Andy Dalton who has had his team in the play-offs every year...even if he sucks when they get there.  Praise the under achiever and throw water on the over achiever...truth is, they both suck and every time I watch them both play I think, "Thank God I don't have those Mark Sanchez's at QB hoping they become our franchise QB...."

It's even worse when their loser fans try to convince you Ryan Tannehill is Matt Ryan...he's a lot closer to Jay Fiedler than Matt Ryan...If you were making the argument for Bortles, at least I'd listen.  I've seen enough of Captain Check Down to know what Ryan Tannehill is...he's Alex Smith on his best day and a less clutch Mark Sanchez in December...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's a good point

Mike Wallace couldn't wait to get away from Tannehill.  The guy is completely overrated.

Wallace shouldn't be blameless, he had issues in Miami but how many times was he)or Hartline) behind defenders only to have to come back for balls that they either had to make a circus catch or would see the play broken up.  remember that 2012 game at Miami(the game Revis got hurt in).  In OT he had Hartline WIDE OPEN, threw it short which set up long FG.  FG missed and then we got down and win it.

Ryan has improved each year though and has the talent to be a good QB, can he put it together? I hope not.

Miami seems to get warm & fuzzy preseason predictions every year. I know there'll be strong disagreement here (lol), but I think Philbin is the worst coach in the division. Him, Tannehill, and Tannenbaum just don't instill fear in me. 

Miami seems to get warm & fuzzy preseason predictions every year. I know there'll be strong disagreement here (lol), but I think Philbin is the worst coach in the division. Him, Tannehill, and Tannenbaum just don't instill fear in me. 

philbin is garbage he got exposed with the whole Richie Incognito scandal letting a total ass clown run his locker room 

Funny how they love loser Tannehill but hate Andy Dalton who has had his team in the play-offs every year...even if he sucks when they get there.  Praise the under achiever and throw water on the over achiever...truth is, they both suck and every time I watch them both play I think, "Thank God I don't have those Mark Sanchez's at QB hoping they become our franchise QB...."

It's even worse when their loser fans try to convince you Ryan Tannehill is Matt Ryan...he's a lot closer to Jay Fiedler than Matt Ryan...If you were making the argument for Bortles, at least I'd listen.  I've seen enough of Captain Check Down to know what Ryan Tannehill is...he's Alex Smith on his best day and a less clutch Mark Sanchez in December...

Tannehill is just a bigger more athletic version of Fiedler.   

Wallace shouldn't be blameless, he had issues in Miami but how many times was he)or Hartline) behind defenders only to have to come back for balls that they either had to make a circus catch or would see the play broken up.  remember that 2012 game at Miami(the game Revis got hurt in).  In OT he had Hartline WIDE OPEN, threw it short which set up long FG.  FG missed and then we got down and win it.

Ryan has improved each year though and has the talent to be a good QB, can he put it together? I hope not.

December 28 last year with the Dolphins season on the line at home facing our amateur hour secondary the almighty Tannehill threw 23/39 for 259 yards and one td.  On its face that's a semi decent stat line but if you look at the context he choked big time.

oh and like you said he's not accurate downfield

December 28 last year with the Dolphins season on the line at home facing our amateur hour secondary the almighty Tannehill threw 23/39 for 259 yards and one td.  On its face that's a semi decent stat line but if you look at the context he choked big time.

to be fair they were eliminated going into that game against us but he was terrible.  his biggest game was against us 2 years ago in week 17 where he led his O to 7 pts against us and threw 3 picks to Dee Milliner.

I don't think a six win record is an unreasonable prediction and we haven't earned a better prediction. For all the upgrades in the offseason there are still plenty of question marks on how the team will perform under a new system. If you look at that first preseason game with the starters it looked a lot like the team over the past couple years with poor focus and discipline. It may take more than the offseason to beat out the problems carried over from the last regime. Right now we could be 10-6 just as easily as 6-10.

like the Dolphs and the Bills have earned it.  I think the Jets win 8 or 9.  Lucky bounces? 9 or 10. The schedule is not daunting

most people in the media hate New York area teams in particular Jets, Yankees, Knicks and Rangers.  In some cases like ESPN it's because most of their staff are drawn from the Connecticut area which is New England.  Other cases they're jealous because NY is so much bigger and more exciting than whatever podunk town they're from or Charles Barkley's case he's still mad about Charles Oakley beating him up in 1992 at the Garden.

Cleveland Browns at New York Jets -- Browns 18, Jets 17

PREDICTED DIVISION STANDINGS, TEAM RECORDS
AFC EAST NFC EAST
1. New England Patriots 13-3 1. Dallas Cowboys 13-3
2. Miami Dolphins 10-6 2. Philadelphia Eagles 10-6
3. Buffalo Bills 5-11 3. N.Y. Giants 10-6
4. N.Y. Jets 4-12

long.  Why destroy an asset by playing him before he is ready?

Would not be my choice. I just think if we start 0-4, Geno comes in, plays like Rex era Geno and we are 2-9 or something like that, the pressure to get Petty some live NFL experience will be too great. Mind you, nothing in this scenario is something I would want. 

Archived