Tomlin's Presser

Maxman

Tomlin should look in the mirror also, his team looked woefully unprepared after having had months to prepare for this game. The Steelers played like they had been banking on Brady not playing and then had no heart once the game actually started. They let Gronkowski do whatever he wanted, they made Edelman look like Calvin Johnson. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Franchise is built on cheating...it's taught!

Headsets go out.

How about the defense simulating snap by having 3 guys shift on a goaline play? Guarantee you one of them yelled hike or something & that's why Ben was screaming at the refs. Belichick teaches these situational plays & they keep getting away with because they are ahead of the stupid refs & Belichick knows this. How about the pick plays? Sure everyone has it in the playbook but does any team run it as often as the Pats? Gronk literally stopped & spread himself out like a blocker, luckily Brady overthrew Amendola but my god the NFL has got to start calling the BLATENT ones that every knowledgable fan can see on replays.

I won't kill them for the simulating the snap count, and shifting.  It's the same as holding, or PI, it's up to the refs to spot that, and make the proper call.

That's what happens when you trade for Josh Scobee to be your kicker........I understand they were kind of up against it with Suisham & Hartley getting hurt - but I would have signed a UDFA kicker before I would have traded for Scobee - poor decision by the Steeler's front office.

The two kickers before both got injured.  Scobee was a third option.

Anybody see Brian Billick on NFL Network earlier.  Said he had headset transmission problems in every NFL stadium.  Even recalled that he once had a pizza delivery guy talking into his headset at home.

Why are we so obsessed with the friggin' Pats?  Watched the game last night and all I saw was a well prepared team dismantle a Steelers team that looked out horribly coached on both sides of the ball.  Tomlin should take out a mirror this morning to see who was really to blame for another embarrassing loss instead of using the excuse of headset problems.  Mike, the party/sham is over for you in Pittsburgh.  Get the guys ready or you're gone at the end of the season. Or, embrace the fact that you suck as a HC.

Tomlin should look in the mirror also, his team looked woefully unprepared after having had months to prepare for this game. The Steelers played like they had been banking on Brady not playing and then had no heart once the game actually started. They let Gronkowski do whatever he wanted, they made Edelman look like Calvin Johnson. 

The steelers defense is atrocious. That's not what was going to win them the game. They had three key offensive players out for this game. 

As as far as the Pats, is anyone truly surprised? How do they constantly get away with this bullsh*t? 

The steelers defense is atrocious. That's not what was going to win them the game. They had three key offensive players out for this game. 

As as far as the Pats, is anyone truly surprised? How do they constantly get away with this bullsh*t? 

Look, I hate the Pats as much as anybody.  But what';s right is right.  The NFL handles the coaching communications, not the home team.  So, especially last night--the first game after Deflategate--I'm supposed to believe they conspired with the NFL techs to cost the Steelers the game?  Right.

Look, I hate the Pats as much as anybody.  But what';s right is right.  The NFL handles the coaching communications, not the home team.  So, especially last night--the first game after Deflategate--I'm supposed to believe they conspired with the NFL techs to cost the Steelers the game?  Right.

The NFL handles inflating the football too

I wouldn't put anything past those scumbags. Kraft and BB had to apologize in front of all of the other owners, and cheated again anyway. 

This isnt entirely true, home team handles the communication. Pats could absolutely mess with the communication if they choose too.

And you wouldn't put it passed them? They would find a way. They would do absolutely anything and everything in order to get a competitive advantage. They couldn't careless about the shield of the NFL. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/headset-issues-have-arisen-in-pittsburgh-too/

The Steelers think the Patriots cheated by tampering with headset communications on Thursday night at Gillette Stadium. But the headsets haven’t been perfect in Pittsburgh, either.

After the Steelers beat the Jets in the AFC Championship Game in January of 2011, the Jets said they were having problems communicating at Heinz Field. Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez said the problems were something he hadn’t previously encountered.

“It never really happened for that long of a time,” Sanchez said. “We had to use a walkie-talkie at one point and [offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer] was just yelling calls in at one point. It was just another challenge, and we almost overcame it.”

Sanchez said the headsets in Pittsburgh failed repeatedly.

“The problem was the headset kept going out multiple times during the game,” Sanchez said, “so I had to run over and get a couple calls, piece together some calls on the headset that came in broken up. It was one of those things we were fighting through. I was proud of our guys for trying to piece it together.”

So what’s the difference between that problem the Jets had in Pittsburgh, and the problem the Steelers had last night in New England? The biggest difference seems to be that the Jets didn’t accuse the Steelers of any wrongdoing, and Jets coach Rex Ryan said after the game that the communications issue wasn’t the reason the Jets lost the game. The Steelers haven’t been so accommodating toward the Patriots in the wake of last night’s loss.

1. After the Jaguars lost to the Patriots in the playoffs following the 2005 season, then-Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio said the headsets “mysteriously malfunctioned.”

2. In 2006, then-Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz suspected the Patriots of preventing him from communicating with his quarterback. As reported by Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated, Martz had Detroit’s offense off to a good start until he lost the ability to call plays because the communications system went out. According to that report, it happened to the Lions twice, both times in the middle of drives when the Lions were picking up steam.

3. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis was quoted by Zimmerman as responding to Martz’s accusation by saying the same thing that happened to the Lions had happened to the Bengals as well: “Yeah, I know,” Lewis said. “Headset went out. It happened to me in Foxboro, too.”

4. Karlos Dansby said in an appearance on PFT Live this year that he suspected the Patriots of wrongdoing in 2008, when Dansby’s Cardinals visited New England and had trouble with their coach-to-helmet communications system.

5. The Steelers now become at least the fifth team making accusations, with the team saying that its coach-to-coach communications repeatedly faced interference from the Patriots’ radio broadcast, and that the interference would stop when a league official came to the sideline to deal with it, only to start up again when the league official walked away.

Ban all headsets and get back to the way football should still be played.  Now that I have that aside, there is no doubt at all that the Pats have in the past screwed around with this, also with the report about Pittsburgh doing it vs the jets one can conclude that none of these teams in the leauge are the least bit trustworthy, will look for an edge any way they can get it and the league should step in and take over just about every facet of game day.

gloves are definitely off with NE, and NE did it as yet another F-you to the NFL

Absolutely SPOT on!

"We can do anything we want here in Gillette Stadium, cause everyone is paid to keep their mouth shut"

You'll never win because all you have is hearsay!! We'll always win on appeal!

Gosh I hate that whole organization!

It's getting to the point where the owners are going to have to remove Goodell, Kraft, and Belichick in order to preserve the league. Otherwise this will eventually kill the NFL. Fans will move on to college football, or another sport.

It's already happening.  My entire life I've been NFL > NCAA.  Even as a Gator alum and a Jets fan...I still like NFL better.  Not any more.  It's all about Saturdays.  If there was a college game on last night, I would have changed the channel immediately after the headset report.  

Enough is enough already.  

whenever an NFL representative proceeded to the New England sideline to shut down their headsets, the Steelers headsets cleared. Then as the representative walked away from the New England sideline, the Steelers’ headsets again started to receive the Patriots game broadcast.

It's getting to the point where the owners are going to have to remove Goodell, Kraft, and Belichick in order to preserve the league. Otherwise this will eventually kill the NFL. Fans will move on to college football, or another sport.

This!

I'm already there - I didn't watch last nights game - just really uninterested.  The league is a joke, it's not real competition as long as teams continue to get away with doing whatever they want.  This was clearly a big F-U to the NFL - "You do this to us, we're gonna cheat and you can't do anything about it"  I can just see Kraft, BB and Brady laughing this morning.

They've broken the rules for years...everyone inside the league has known about it, nothing was done.  Now it's public...what do we really expect to change?

It's really not worth watching any more.

Archived